Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=Magoli;358150] And after all I have turned around all the beds manually (with all the 444 prefabs - umpfh :) ) rock on mag[/QUOTE] You take your prefab pack seriously that's for sure :) I need to gather enough motivation to adjust just one prefab and I'm already struggling with that^^ But that's more because of the utter ugliness of it with those new textures... will take some time before I get used to them. Keep up the good work man!

[QUOTE=Krash;357166]A lot of blocks have simply been moved. between ID 249 and ID 33 (previously unused in 12.5) are blocks like bricks, concrete and many more that have simply gotten new IDs and also some new blocks. The pipes are gone and a new type of pipe with new IDs is in and this one has no vertical/horizontal variation but just straight, corner etc etc (I guess vertical/horizontal is in the rotations). Also I noticed wedge60endconcrete and wedge60endgravel had two IDs before, the concrete one with ID 934 got deleted and also the wedge60endgravel with the ID 1128. All wastelandcar blocks, bed02, coffin and the mattresshalf blocks have been deleted and/or replaced with new blocks that extend over more than one block in size. I still can't get my prefab to load even after I changed all those to blocks that should work in A13 and can't find another null reference block that needs to be replaced so there must be more that needs to be converted.[/QUOTE] This work in A13?[url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?34004-Null-block-finder-for-prefabbers-(blocks-xml)&highlight=null[/url] Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- We put the "fab" in "prefab"

[QUOTE=h0tr0d;361478]This work in A13?[url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?34004-Null-block-finder-for-prefabbers-(blocks-xml)&highlight=null[/url] Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- We put the "fab" in "prefab"[/QUOTE] Not sure what you mean r0d? The next version of the editor has some improvements for null blocks so they should show up as different types of null blocks so you can use the replace function on them. @all Got the bbb commands working and the editor using the new data types for the prefabs so damage and decals are back in and importing and exporting work again. Now 13.3 has dropped I'll redo the bbb commands a look at getting a first version out soon. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;362438]Not sure what you mean r0d? The next version of the editor has some improvements for null blocks so they should show up as different types of null blocks so you can use the replace function on them. @all Got the bbb commands working and the editor using the new data types for the prefabs so damage and decals are back in and importing and exporting work again. Now 13.3 has dropped I'll redo the bbb commands a look at getting a first version out soon. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Gr8! Thx a lot! Does this mean decals from an A12.5 prefab will show up if it's loaded in A13?

[QUOTE=HAL9000;362438]Not sure what you mean r0d? The next version of the editor has some improvements for null blocks so they should show up as different types of null blocks so you can use the replace function on them. @all Got the bbb commands working and the editor using the new data types for the prefabs so damage and decals are back in and importing and exporting work again. Now 13.3 has dropped I'll redo the bbb commands a look at getting a first version out soon. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] What a hero!!!!!! /wearenotworthy! great news dude well done!

[QUOTE=Krash;362495]Gr8! Thx a lot! Does this mean decals from an A12.5 prefab will show up if it's loaded in A13?[/QUOTE] No, the editor will only support the latest version of the prefabs. You'll need the converter to go from A12->A13 prefabs. I'll be looking at the converter after the editor is out as it relies on the same code. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;362611]No, the editor will only support the latest version of the prefabs. You'll need the converter to go from A12->A13 prefabs. I'll be looking at the converter after the editor is out as it relies on the same code. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Thanks Hal. We prefabbers are lost without your editor. :)

[QUOTE=HAL9000;362438]Not sure what you mean r0d? The next version of the editor has some improvements for null blocks so they should show up as different types of null blocks so you can use the replace function on them. @all Got the bbb commands working and the editor using the new data types for the prefabs so damage and decals are back in and importing and exporting work again. Now 13.3 has dropped I'll redo the bbb commands a look at getting a first version out soon. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] I was answering the guy trying to find specifically which blocks were listing as "null" Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- any other candidate is null and void

[QUOTE=h0tr0d;363418]I was answering the guy trying to find specifically which blocks were listing as "null" Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- any other candidate is null and void[/QUOTE] And even if a little late^^ Thank you for the help! I found the blocks by compairing the blocks.xml of A12.5 and A13. I may have saved a lot of time with the tool you provided but as decals aren't showing in my prefab in A13, I'll wait for HALs conversion tool nonetheless and convert my A12.5 prefab backup again with his tool.

[QUOTE=Krash;358959]You take your prefab pack seriously that's for sure :) I need to gather enough motivation to adjust just one prefab and I'm already struggling with that^^ But that's more because of the utter ugliness of it with those new textures... will take some time before I get used to them. Keep up the good work man![/QUOTE] Hopefully once the new feature buzz has died down a little people will stop to look at the textures in more detail, I do like our new concrete, just not as concrete lol

[QUOTE=Slaan;363948]Hopefully once the new feature buzz has died down a little people will stop to look at the textures in more detail, I do like our new concrete, just not as concrete lol[/QUOTE] The concrete pillars look really great if you think of them as marble pillars. I hope you are right. And if the game has left alpha stage maybe texture packs become a thing and everyone will ba happy :)

Update time! A13 support and some bug fixes. Thanks for Magoli for testing and debugging, there'd have been lots of mini-releases if he hadn't taken the time to test. There's been a few changes under the hood so there's probably still bugs knocking about so report them if you find them. Usual link in the OP or run the update through the editor. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;366987]Update time! A13 support and some bug fixes. Thanks for Magoli for testing and debugging, there'd have been lots of mini-releases if he hadn't taken the time to test. There's been a few changes under the hood so there's probably still bugs knocking about so report them if you find them. Usual link in the OP or run the update through the editor. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Awesome news hal, can't wait to get back to building and editing proper, thanks a LOT!! this tool really is a must have.

After running the manual update and replacing the modded files on the popup, the game itself is hanging on 'loading game data' after clicking launch game via the editor. I done a fresh 7d2d install, and re-downloaded the editor but the problem persists. If theres any other info you require give a shout.

[QUOTE=Slaan;367085]After running the manual update and replacing the modded files on the popup, the game itself is hanging on 'loading game data' after clicking launch game via the editor. I done a fresh 7d2d install, and re-downloaded the editor but the problem persists. If theres any other info you require give a shout.[/QUOTE] Hmm, I've just tried it and it booted the game ok. Verified files / downloaded from the OP and went through the update process. I did have that problem on one of the edits after TFP released an update. Are you running the latest version of 7DTD? And in the editor is the version 0.46? *edit* Can you post your log file too please? Cheers, Hal

can confirm im running a clean install of both editor and 7d2d, version 46 of editor (win10 x64), still getting stuck on the loading screen [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] Editor Started: 20 Dec 2015 06:56:22 is the contents of editorlog.txt [url]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16540913/7D2D%20Prefabs/output_log_20122015.txt[/url] is my full output, there are errors in there

Hmm OK. Verified the game files and everything was ok so I deleted the whole game folder and re-downloaded. Then I started getting the same error as you guys. I've repatched the DLL and uploaded it. Try doing another manual update and see if it works. Cheers, Hal

Got it. I'm using the deobfuscated DLL from Domonix's SDX and that relies on some of his DLLs to run. The new version of SDX isn't out yet so I want to check with Domonix if it's ok to distribute them through the editor before posting the fix. Alas, the update is postponed for now but I'll update when I know more. As a booby prize here's [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRKIkbSQTvs"]video[/URL] on something that might make it out as a mod if I can get it a bit more polished Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;367217]Got it. I'm using the deobfuscated DLL from Domonix's SDX and that relies on some of his DLLs to run. The new version of SDX isn't out yet so I want to check with Domonix if it's ok to distribute them through the editor before posting the fix. Alas, the update is postponed for now but I'll update when I know more. As a booby prize here's [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRKIkbSQTvs"]video[/URL] on something that might make it out as a mod if I can get it a bit more polished Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Its OK Hal COMMON INFO: The editors intern functions all work well. So we can do block- and entityChanges now again in the prefabs !!! Its just the .dll-switch that dont work at this moment guys !!! I really like this mod - its a very sinful addiction to the game (and also funny too !) rock on mag

[QUOTE=HAL9000;367217]Got it. I'm using the deobfuscated DLL from Domonix's SDX and that relies on some of his DLLs to run. The new version of SDX isn't out yet so I want to check with Domonix if it's ok to distribute them through the editor before posting the fix. Alas, the update is postponed for now but I'll update when I know more. As a booby prize here's [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRKIkbSQTvs"]video[/URL] on something that might make it out as a mod if I can get it a bit more polished Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] thats a pretty damn sweet mod. I already envisage a mod of this mod for things like throwing knives/axes etc.....

Archived