Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=StompyNZ;331009]I couldn't get the blocks to place in the 3d editor. Could grow it in all directions but left click didn't work. (also couldn't get the world editor to connect to my local server with lan IP address, but haven't tried to troubleshoot the issue yet) [/QUOTE] Can you try placing a block without expanding the selection tool? Does it work then? Let me know if you're still having trouble with the editor connecting. If you're running a VPN it can change the IP to whatever you've been given by the VPN. [QUOTE=Laz Man;331013]I use the editor to lay the basic foundation and do a lot of the grunt work done (I.e. placing walls of the same material). From there I will bounce in and out of the game to place blocks that have difficult rotations to remember. For stairs, I'll place just place a few in the correct rotation then export the prefab out. I'd then build the rest of the stairs in the editor. All detail work is done in game. Furniture, cabinets, toilets, etc. Usually room at a time.[/QUOTE] Yeah this is what I typically see with users of the editor. The framework is done in the editor and the detail in the game. With it being that way there's not much benefit to having the editor in 3D. It looks cool but without the ability for you guys to be able to use it from start to finish and find it more useful than the in-game editing all I'm doing is changing the perspective. I'll have a sleep on it and see if I can think of a way of integrating it all. At worst it will have been a fun interlude into Unity mesh generation. [QUOTE=stallionsden;331032][url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?13230-VoxelWorkshop-Prefab-Builder[/url] I think this was it lol but I also seen you in there so you know bout this one already but I will keep looking as I couldnt get into the site so couldnt tell if it was the same one i was thinking bout[/QUOTE] Yeah I checked that out after it was released, looked like it had great potential but was at the same problem I'm having, getting the usability of the interface to a good standard. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;331041]Can you try placing a block without expanding the selection tool? Does it work then? Let me know if you're still having trouble with the editor connecting. If you're running a VPN it can change the IP to whatever you've been given by the VPN. [/QUOTE] Still no joy getting the 3d editor to do much. I did notice it has a log file and is giving these errors: [spoiler] Initialize engine version: 5.2.2f1 (3757309da7e7) GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1 Direct3D: Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0] Renderer: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (ID=0x6810) Vendor: ATI VRAM: 2030 MB Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly Platform assembly: C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die-prefab\editor_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless) Loading C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die-prefab\editor_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain Platform assembly: C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die-prefab\editor_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless) Loading C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die-prefab\editor_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain Platform assembly: C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die-prefab\editor_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless) Loading C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die-prefab\editor_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain Platform assembly: C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die-prefab\editor_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless) Loading C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die-prefab\editor_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain Platform assembly: C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die-prefab\editor_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless) - Completed reload, in 0.139 seconds desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 1920x1080 at 0,0 Initializing input. Input initialized. Initialized touch support. Platform assembly: C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die-prefab\editor_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless) Platform assembly: C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die-prefab\editor_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless) NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at PrefabManager.GetBlockExtra (BlockValue b) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab.GenerateChunk (Int32 chunkX, Int32 chunkZ, Boolean regenerate) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab+c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in :0 UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator) Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab:LoadPrefab(String, String) PrefabManager:LoadPrefab() PrefabManager:Start() (Filename: Line: -1) Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten. Thread -> id: 2560 -> priority: 1 Thread -> id: 2558 -> priority: 1 IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range. at PrefabEditor.SetBlock (Int32 _x, Int32 _y, Int32 _z, BlockValue _bv) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab.SetBlock (Vector3 pos, Vector3 scale) [0x00000] in :0 at PrefabManager.SetBlock (Vector3 pos, Vector3 scale) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Resources.Scripts.InputManager.Update () [0x00000] in :0 (Filename: Line: -1) NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at PrefabManager.GetBlockExtra (BlockValue b) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab.GenerateChunk (Int32 chunkX, Int32 chunkZ, Boolean regenerate) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab+c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in :0 UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator) Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab:SetBlock(Vector3, Vector3) PrefabManager:SetBlock(Vector3, Vector3) Assets.Resources.Scripts.InputManager:Update() (Filename: Line: -1) NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at PrefabManager.GetBlockExtra (BlockValue b) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab.GenerateChunk (Int32 chunkX, Int32 chunkZ, Boolean regenerate) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab+c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in :0 UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator) Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab:SetBlock(Vector3, Vector3) PrefabManager:SetBlock(Vector3, Vector3) Assets.Resources.Scripts.InputManager:Update() (Filename: Line: -1) NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at PrefabManager.GetBlockExtra (BlockValue b) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab.GenerateChunk (Int32 chunkX, Int32 chunkZ, Boolean regenerate) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab+c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in :0 UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator) Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab:SetBlock(Vector3, Vector3) PrefabManager:SetBlock(Vector3, Vector3) Assets.Resources.Scripts.InputManager:Update() (Filename: Line: -1) NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at PrefabManager.GetBlockExtra (BlockValue b) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab.GenerateChunk (Int32 chunkX, Int32 chunkZ, Boolean regenerate) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab+c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in :0 UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator) UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator) Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab:SetBlock(Vector3, Vector3) PrefabManager:SetBlock(Vector3, Vector3) Assets.Resources.Scripts.InputManager:Update() (Filename: Line: -1) IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range. at PrefabEditor.SetBlock (Int32 _x, Int32 _y, Int32 _z, BlockValue _bv) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab.SetBlock (Vector3 pos, Vector3 scale) [0x00000] in :0 at PrefabManager.SetBlock (Vector3 pos, Vector3 scale) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Resources.Scripts.InputManager.Update () [0x00000] in :0 (Filename: Line: -1) IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range. at PrefabEditor.SetBlock (Int32 _x, Int32 _y, Int32 _z, BlockValue _bv) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab.SetBlock (Vector3 pos, Vector3 scale) [0x00000] in :0 at PrefabManager.SetBlock (Vector3 pos, Vector3 scale) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Resources.Scripts.InputManager.Update () [0x00000] in :0 (Filename: Line: -1) IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range. at PrefabEditor.SetBlock (Int32 _x, Int32 _y, Int32 _z, BlockValue _bv) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab.SetBlock (Vector3 pos, Vector3 scale) [0x00000] in :0 at PrefabManager.SetBlock (Vector3 pos, Vector3 scale) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Resources.Scripts.InputManager.Update () [0x00000] in :0 (Filename: Line: -1) IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range. at PrefabEditor.SetBlock (Int32 _x, Int32 _y, Int32 _z, BlockValue _bv) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Scripts.ChunkProviderPrefab.SetBlock (Vector3 pos, Vector3 scale) [0x00000] in :0 at PrefabManager.SetBlock (Vector3 pos, Vector3 scale) [0x00000] in :0 at Assets.Resources.Scripts.InputManager.Update () [0x00000] in :0 (Filename: Line: -1) [/spoiler] Looks like it's trying to load block data? is there a specific location that the editor.exe needs to be? I tried it both in its own folder where it downloaded to and in the game folder and same result. I just get a grey floor with a grey block that I can grow but can't place. Anyway, my feedback on a good control setup for 3d would be as you have it for wsad, q+e, the resize functions maybe have upwards use alt instead of shift+control. Also for zoom I like having it on mouse wheel and hold right click and move mouse for freeform rotation. I'll have another look at the world editor tonight, I probably set something up wrong as I didn't spend much time looking at it yet (was in the middle of doing a big prefab conversion and hub layout). If I'm trying to use it with a game running on the same machine (In MP mode), do I use the LAN IP or the external IP and NAT it back to my desktop? I might have been hitting my firewall and getting bounced. Also is the port we use for the world editor the game port or a separate one? (sorry if the vid covered any of this, I was really tired when i watched it)

Another question comes to mind from something in the vid. When you reset a chunk does it read the rwgmixer and regenerate from that or use a copy in memory from when the game loaded. Just thinking about being able to change the mixer and see the changes in game without reloading the game by just refreshing the chunk.

[QUOTE=StompyNZ;331058]Still no joy getting the 3d editor to do much. I did notice it has a log file and is giving these errors: Looks like it's trying to load block data? is there a specific location that the editor.exe needs to be? I tried it both in its own folder where it downloaded to and in the game folder and same result. I just get a grey floor with a grey block that I can grow but can't place. Anyway, my feedback on a good control setup for 3d would be as you have it for wsad, q+e, the resize functions maybe have upwards use alt instead of shift+control. Also for zoom I like having it on mouse wheel and hold right click and move mouse for freeform rotation. I'll have another look at the world editor tonight, I probably set something up wrong as I didn't spend much time looking at it yet (was in the middle of doing a big prefab conversion and hub layout). If I'm trying to use it with a game running on the same machine (In MP mode), do I use the LAN IP or the external IP and NAT it back to my desktop? I might have been hitting my firewall and getting bounced. Also is the port we use for the world editor the game port or a separate one? (sorry if the vid covered any of this, I was really tired when i watched it)[/QUOTE] No it's nothing you've done, it's me being an idiot. I thought I'd localised all the files for the demo but the blocks were still looking for the path on my computer. I've just updated the [URL="http://www.vendocode.com/editor3d.zip"]download[/URL]. Can you give this one a go? With controls I was thinking of using alt to pan the camera. There's also a problem for how to work out where you are pointing at. You could either be wanting to place a block next to a block thats already there or you could be wanting to replace that block. To get around this I was thinking of using the mouse scroll to be able to move the selection tool by an offset (set in the same way using shift/control to set direction). [QUOTE=StompyNZ;331107]Another question comes to mind from something in the vid. When you reset a chunk does it read the rwgmixer and regenerate from that or use a copy in memory from when the game loaded. Just thinking about being able to change the mixer and see the changes in game without reloading the game by just refreshing the chunk.[/QUOTE] Any changes to the mixer should result in the changes being reflected in the game when you reset a chunk. Basically I hook into the games generation method and can set an override if I want to reset something. The reset just means the game doesn't look up the chunk to see if it already exists, it just makes it again from scratch. The good side is that if you want to test changes you can, the down side is if you add more prefabs to the server then the reset can result in a different prefab being loaded and you'll get a weird looking chunk.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;331175]No it's nothing you've done, it's me being an idiot. I thought I'd localised all the files for the demo but the blocks were still looking for the path on my computer. I've just updated the [URL="http://www.vendocode.com/editor3d.zip"]download[/URL]. Can you give this one a go? With controls I was thinking of using alt to pan the camera. There's also a problem for how to work out where you are pointing at. You could either be wanting to place a block next to a block thats already there or you could be wanting to replace that block. To get around this I was thinking of using the mouse scroll to be able to move the selection tool by an offset (set in the same way using shift/control to set direction). Any changes to the mixer should result in the changes being reflected in the game when you reset a chunk. Basically I hook into the games generation method and can set an override if I want to reset something. The reset just means the game doesn't look up the chunk to see if it already exists, it just makes it again from scratch. The good side is that if you want to test changes you can, the down side is if you add more prefabs to the server then the reset can result in a different prefab being loaded and you'll get a weird looking chunk.[/QUOTE] The new download got it working :) Presents some interesting possibilities. Good news with the reset chunk then. I'll def have to work it out and get it working as it would save a lot of time doing complex hub layouts to see the changes quickly like that The current hub I'm working on is already 350 x 500 blocks and over 100 prefab lots and 30 streets so its getting there but takes time to test changes :)

Noob question here. If I make a game to check out a prefab I'm working one, do I have to exit the game entirely to desktop for any changes I make to take effect or can I just leave the world I'm in and make a new one without leaving the game? Might have been answered already but I just can't bring myself to comb through 144 pages and the search came up with nada.

[QUOTE=KamakazeeMonkey;331474]Noob question here. If I make a game to check out a prefab I'm working one, do I have to exit the game entirely to desktop for any changes I make to take effect or can I just leave the world I'm in and make a new one without leaving the game? Might have been answered already but I just can't bring myself to comb through 144 pages and the search came up with nada.[/QUOTE] no u havent start the whole game new !!! U even didnt have to start a new savegame- when u delete the region-files in ur savegamefolder manually. But I always use a new gamesave when I wanna watch my changes. I also create/check the Prefabs always just in NAVA - at the same position (-680 / 1200) Mag

[QUOTE=KamakazeeMonkey;331474]Noob question here. If I make a game to check out a prefab I'm working one, do I have to exit the game entirely to desktop for any changes I make to take effect or can I just leave the world I'm in and make a new one without leaving the game? Might have been answered already but I just can't bring myself to comb through 144 pages and the search came up with nada.[/QUOTE] You can use the bbb IP command to insert a prefab. bbb IP If I'm testing a prefab I usually turn zombies off and put it into notepad bbb barn_1 0 120 0 I can copy/paste that into chat and it always spawns in the same position. This way you don't have to leave the game. Cheers, Hal

I don't know why, but I'm having trouble getting the new density feature to work, Hal. Density is changing for me, but for some reason I can't get voxels to go flush up against blocks. I spent hours trying to get it working yesterday with zero luck. I've used the BBB commands (like always), I've changed block/voxel densities too many times to count, I've reset regions, I've reinstalled my game back to vanilla, I've even started new games to no avail. I've reinstalled the editor with fresh updates and it still won't set correctly. I even used Laz Man's settings from his post back on page 142, but I'm just missing something somewhere.

[QUOTE=Warsaken;331613]I don't know why, but I'm having trouble getting the new density feature to work, Hal. Density is changing for me, but for some reason I can't get voxels to go flush up against blocks. I spent hours trying to get it working yesterday with zero luck. I've used the BBB commands (like always), I've changed block/voxel densities too many times to count, I've reset regions, I've reinstalled my game back to vanilla, I've even started new games to no avail. I've reinstalled the editor with fresh updates and it still won't set correctly. I even used Laz Man's settings from his post back on page 142, but I'm just missing something somewhere.[/QUOTE] Hey War, Unfortunately I can't be of much help with that. I just turned the function on, not a clue how to use it ^^ If you've used Laz's suggestions and it's not working I'd go back and sanity check it. Make sure you've saving to the right folder, not overwriting it again etc. Good luck. Hal

[QUOTE=Warsaken;331613]I don't know why, but I'm having trouble getting the new density feature to work, Hal. Density is changing for me, but for some reason I can't get voxels to go flush up against blocks. I spent hours trying to get it working yesterday with zero luck. I've used the BBB commands (like always), I've changed block/voxel densities too many times to count, I've reset regions, I've reinstalled my game back to vanilla, I've even started new games to no avail. I've reinstalled the editor with fresh updates and it still won't set correctly. I even used Laz Man's settings from his post back on page 142, but I'm just missing something somewhere.[/QUOTE] For all it may be worth I can share my experience: -128 density for both terrain and playerplaced block result in the terrain overlapping over the placed block (concrete or steel in my case). -128 for terrain and -100 for player placed block results in no overlapping and no gap between both blocks (the result wanted). But there seems to be something messing with the density values. I think it happens when a region is generated and the prefab gets placed. I build my prefab in Nevazgane btw and allways delete the region files of my savegame to have my prefab replaced with the new edits I made in the editor. What than happens is that some terrain blocks behave like they are supposed to do in the original nevazgane map and not like I have edited them in my prefab. For example some gras blocks that should stay flat have a small raise like they should have to form a gentle slope at the base of a hill even if in my prefab there's no hill anymore and the density is edited by me to reflect this.

[QUOTE=Krash;331995]For all it may be worth I can share my experience: -128 density for both terrain and playerplaced block result in the terrain overlapping over the placed block (concrete or steel in my case). -128 for terrain and -100 for player placed block results in no overlapping and no gap between both blocks (the result wanted). But there seems to be something messing with the density values. I think it happens when a region is generated and the prefab gets placed. I build my prefab in Nevazgane btw and allways delete the region files of my savegame to have my prefab replaced with the new edits I made in the editor. What than happens is that some terrain blocks behave like they are supposed to do in the original nevazgane map and not like I have edited them in my prefab. For example some gras blocks that should stay flat have a small raise like they should have to form a gentle slope at the base of a hill even if in my prefab there's no hill anymore and the density is edited by me to reflect this.[/QUOTE] Does the same thing happen in Random Gen? I've not played Navez in a while but I remember the chunk data is pre-defined and saved in the world folder, I wonder if that's causing some kind of interference? Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=Warsaken;332060]Random gen is where I'm testing. Just implementing a prefab WILL show changes in density, but will NOT let voxels butt-up against blocks just using the "bbb ip" command. Spent hours slamming my face into a wall to figure this out.[/QUOTE] @LazMan, Hey Laz, could you send war an example prefab that works in your game please? That way we know if it's a problem with the editor or War's install. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=Warsaken;332060]Random gen is where I'm testing. Just implementing a prefab WILL show changes in density, but will NOT let voxels butt-up against blocks just using the "bbb ip" command. Spent hours slamming my face into a wall to figure this out.[/QUOTE] Hi war, I will have to test the BBB IP function. The prefab I tested was imported into my game via XML and not the BBB IP command.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;332028]Does the same thing happen in Random Gen? I've not played Navez in a while but I remember the chunk data is pre-defined and saved in the world folder, I wonder if that's causing some kind of interference? Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Mhhh... honestly I don't know much about rwg as I like to build on a static map that stays the same after updates to the game and I also don't even know the command to insert my prefab into a rwg map to test, if someone tells me the command I'll take a look. But now that I think about it what I described may be entirely related to the way the nevazgane map loads and not really relevant for troubleshooting here as most people play rwg. For example I've rerouted a street and "adjusted" a hill, but everytime I reload the edited prefab (by deleting regionfile in savegamefolder and reloading the savegame) some asphalt terrain gets replaced with gravel where the street is in the original nevazgane and where the hills base was originally the now flat gras raises to form the start of the now non existant hill. But I've made some interesting observations: First air blocks have a density, too, and above the hills slope, the air blocks have very low positive density values that get higher the bigger the distance airblock-hill is. I think to form a natural looking hill it isn't enough to edit just the terrains density. Positive density seems to "push" a texture away while negative density pulls textures of the next terrain blocks into the edited block. If you give terrain blocks the density 127 for example they become "invisible", their own texture pushed entirely out of them. The blocks are still there and you can't place another block in their space, but they become a hole in the ground. I learned that by accident^^ Lower negative density values (-10 for example) work well to have a stair block connect with terrain without pulling the terrains texture too far into the stair block so the texture overlaps way over the stair blocks center over the actual stairs (with -100 for example). So the higher the value (negative or positive) the stronger the push or pull effect. I need to play a bit more with the values to come up with more definitive numbers, but I think it's not as difficult to make terrain behave like you want as I first thought. A nice hill slope needs air blocks above the terrain blocks edited to lower positive density so they don't push the terrains texture completly out of them, the terrain blocks need to have (from top of hill down to base) densitys starting with -128 and getting lower in small steps for the next blocks in that layer (-110, -90, -70, -50 etc etc, -10) to form a nice smooth slope downwards. I havn't had time to really test different settings and most values I tried were in the right direction but with too much or too few effect. Still, the generel logic behind the density isn't that complicated it seems :) Once again thank you Hal for the time and effort you put into the editor! The new functions are really helpful for prefab building and fun to try out

I know about the hub layout, but thanks for the heads up. This is taking what myself and my friends build on my server, turning it in to a prefab, and reapplying the area back to the game with the smooth terrain applied. I'm thinking the density is being applied using the "bbb ip" function, but with limited functionality. @krash: You are absolutely correct in the extreme values of the density setting. +127 makes a voxel completely transparent, whereas -127 gives it's it's maximum height within the square area. In between is just lowering the height of the actual voxel (lack of appropriate wording here, I believe). I discovered this during my trials so far before I replied to the thread with the issues.

[attachment=527:name] Hi Hal, would it be possible to add the density meta to this section? I have a few prefabs I'd like to do a block replace on to fix some density issues but cant see an easy way to do it. Can't use area edit as the blocks are mixed in with others.

[QUOTE=Warsaken;332441]I know about the hub layout, but thanks for the heads up. This is taking what myself and my friends build on my server, turning it in to a prefab, and reapplying the area back to the game with the smooth terrain applied. I'm thinking the density is being applied using the "bbb ip" function, but with limited functionality. @krash: You are absolutely correct in the extreme values of the density setting. +127 makes a voxel completely transparent, whereas -127 gives it's it's maximum height within the square area. In between is just lowering the height of the actual voxel (lack of appropriate wording here, I believe). I discovered this during my trials so far before I replied to the thread with the issues.[/QUOTE] Maybe the effect of density is applied in its total effect when a region is generated and the engine skips most of it when something is inserted into an existing region? Strange is with my prefab also, that another hill still has the steps-look even if it has the original density values of nevazgane that should form a natural blending and were copied since I first exported the area. I think it got a bit better since Hal added the new function but it doesn't look like when the area gets generated without my prefab. I noticed that all grass blocks have a density of 127... is it possible that they are supposed to have density scaled like all other blocks (terrain and air) around them? Maybe the editor skips some types of blocks regarding density? But I've build on this area for so long it's possible I placed all grass blocks that I checked for their density values myself at some time. Sry that I can't be of real help here. If I knew how to insert a prefab into an existing region I could compare and look for differences between manually inserted prefab into allready generated region, and prefab placed during first generation of region by the game itself.

[QUOTE=Warsaken;332441] I'm thinking the density is being applied using the "bbb ip" function, but with limited functionality. [/QUOTE] This could be true, there may be some other smoothing process I'm not aware of. [QUOTE=StompyNZ;332442][ATTACH=CONFIG]11389[/ATTACH] Hi Hal, would it be possible to add the density meta to this section? I have a few prefabs I'd like to do a block replace on to fix some density issues but cant see an easy way to do it. Can't use area edit as the blocks are mixed in with others.[/QUOTE] This has been added to the next version [QUOTE=Krash;332525] If I knew how to insert a prefab into an existing region I could compare and look for differences between manually inserted prefab into allready generated region, and prefab placed during first generation of region by the game itself.[/QUOTE] That's the bbb ip function, I've described the usage a few posts ago or there's videos online showing how it works. Check my youtube account or the links in the first post. Cheers, Hal

Cheers, thanks Hal :) BTW for the getting a slope looking smoother you don't need to adjust the air blocks or anything. [attachment=529:name] The slope has 3 blocks per layer, with the lowest block density=-1, 2nd=-50, 3rd=-120 All the densities need to be negative or you get weirdness. Big Thanks to Lazman for helping me understand that last part :) You can find the stadium_entrance_ramp.tts in the stadium hub posted yesterday if you wanted to see it in the editor.

Archived