Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

Hi HAL Just a quick query (and not sure if it can already be done) but is it possible to be able to cut and paste like cut a part of a prefab from one prefab and paste in another. Like maybe have 2 screens open in the editor 1 with one orefab and the 2nd with another or. Just thinking it be way faster if i wanted to take something from 1 of my prefabs and put in another. If not is ok

[QUOTE=stallionsden;323882]Hi HAL Just a quick query (and not sure if it can already be done) but is it possible to be able to cut and paste like cut a part of a prefab from one prefab and paste in another. Like maybe have 2 screens open in the editor 1 with one orefab and the 2nd with another or. Just thinking it be way faster if i wanted to take something from 1 of my prefabs and put in another. If not is ok[/QUOTE] Hey Stallionsden, You can copy one part of a prefab, create a new prefab of the right size and paste it in. It has to be in the same editor though. Use the "Copy" radio button at the top of the screen and set the height you want to copy in the textbox next to it. Cheers, Hal

Hey guys, Looks like I will have to push the next version back a bit. It's 10.50pm here and I've been working all weekend with no time to play with the editor. I've two big bugs to track down and then it should be good for the first round of testing by you guys. Still going to be a buggy mess but CTDing about 40% of the time when connecting to the server is not something I want as a first release ^^ Cheers, Hal

I just downloaded it for the first time and it is crashing as soon as I launch the .exe saying "SDTDEditor has stopped working." Tried searching the forum but there is a lot of pages and the search bar just leads to this thread. Tried running as administrator with no change. Using windows 7 64bit Don't know if this helps any but if I click details I get this. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: sdtdeditor.exe Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0 Problem Signature 03: 55bcd1ec Problem Signature 04: mscorlib Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0 Problem Signature 06: 4ba22001 Problem Signature 07: 11cd Problem Signature 08: 9f Problem Signature 09: System.TypeLoadException OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: b957 Additional Information 2: b957cfefd38b0c1570b7c92ba02e6602 Additional Information 3: c9e4 Additional Information 4: c9e414e7ee19942ab26e7d09a1d9423b

[QUOTE=heromedel;325883]I just downloaded it for the first time and it is crashing as soon as I launch the .exe saying "SDTDEditor has stopped working." Tried searching the forum but there is a lot of pages and the search bar just leads to this thread. Tried running as administrator with no change. Using windows 7 64bit Don't know if this helps any but if I click details I get this. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: sdtdeditor.exe Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0 Problem Signature 03: 55bcd1ec Problem Signature 04: mscorlib Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0 Problem Signature 06: 4ba22001 Problem Signature 07: 11cd Problem Signature 08: 9f Problem Signature 09: System.TypeLoadException OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: b957 Additional Information 2: b957cfefd38b0c1570b7c92ba02e6602 Additional Information 3: c9e4 Additional Information 4: c9e414e7ee19942ab26e7d09a1d9423b[/QUOTE] have u installed net.framework 4.5 ??? U need it for the editor IMO !!!

[QUOTE=heromedel;325883]I just downloaded it for the first time and it is crashing as soon as I launch the .exe saying "SDTDEditor has stopped working." Tried searching the forum but there is a lot of pages and the search bar just leads to this thread. Tried running as administrator with no change. Using windows 7 64bit Don't know if this helps any but if I click details I get this. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: sdtdeditor.exe Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0 Problem Signature 03: 55bcd1ec Problem Signature 04: mscorlib Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0 Problem Signature 06: 4ba22001 Problem Signature 07: 11cd Problem Signature 08: 9f Problem Signature 09: System.TypeLoadException OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: b957 Additional Information 2: b957cfefd38b0c1570b7c92ba02e6602 Additional Information 3: c9e4 Additional Information 4: c9e414e7ee19942ab26e7d09a1d9423b[/QUOTE] Yes, you need [URL="https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=42642"].net 4.5[/URL] to run the editor

[QUOTE=stallionsden;326980]Hey HAL9000 IMMMMMM BAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK lol a couple of questions. 1. Is the editor going to be released on release date (maybe you have earlier access to it so you can prepare) 2. Is there going to be a prefab converter ??????[/QUOTE] Hey Stallionsden, I doubt the A13 editor will be out on the release day for A13, if I asked nicely I could probably get early access but it wouldn't speed things up much as the beta I created the editor for would be replaced by the release build and would need re-hooking up for the editor. A prefab converter will depend on how many blocks have changed. If it is a lot then I will look into to, my aim is to get you within 95% of a converted prefab. This all depends on release date though as when Nov 10th comes around I have to see a man about a dog Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;327005]Hey Stallionsden,I doubt the A13 editor will be out on the release day for A13, if I asked nicely I could probably get early access but it wouldn't speed things up much as the beta I created the editor for would be replaced by the release build and would need re-hooking up for the editor. [/QUOTE] Slacker. Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- picking up the slack since 1492

[QUOTE=HAL9000;327005]Hey Stallionsden, I doubt the A13 editor will be out on the release day for A13, if I asked nicely I could probably get early access but it wouldn't speed things up much as the beta I created the editor for would be replaced by the release build and would need re-hooking up for the editor. A prefab converter will depend on how many blocks have changed. If it is a lot then I will look into to, my aim is to get you within 95% of a converted prefab. This all depends on release date though as when Nov 10th comes around I have to see a man about a dog Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] War. War never changes...

[QUOTE=HAL9000;327005]Hey Stallionsden, I doubt the A13 editor will be out on the release day for A13, if I asked nicely I could probably get early access but it wouldn't speed things up much as the beta I created the editor for would be replaced by the release build and would need re-hooking up for the editor. A prefab converter will depend on how many blocks have changed. If it is a lot then I will look into to, my aim is to get you within 95% of a converted prefab. This all depends on release date though as when Nov 10th comes around I have to see a man about a dog Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Haha yeh i think i be seeing the same man with the same dog lol. I so hope they release before start of nov as yeh once FO4 is out i be off playing that for a while

[QUOTE=Spikaner;329031]Quick question , is there somewhere a German video tutorial for the editor ?[/QUOTE] If there is I won't be the one talking. My German is nowhere near a conversation vocabulary. Maybe one of the German guys here has an option? Hal

Hi Hal, Would it be possible to have a function added at some point that will generate a text file of the prefabs and the dimensions. Would be a huge benefit for working out sizes when doing custom hub layouts. Something like: prefabname - 16wx16dx12h With each prefab on a new line. Or even just adding the info as a comment to the .xml generated by the editor.

[QUOTE=StompyNZ;329394]Hi Hal, Would it be possible to have a function added at some point that will generate a text file of the prefabs and the dimensions. Would be a huge benefit for working out sizes when doing custom hub layouts. Something like: prefabname - 16wx16dx12h With each prefab on a new line. Or even just adding the info as a comment to the .xml generated by the editor. [/QUOTE] Hi StompyNZ, Yep, it's added to the next version. It's in the "Prefab" dropdown menu and called "List Prefab Heights". It generates a CSV where the editor is located. Cheers, Hal

Update time! Many new things are in. Mainly being able to set the density values for blocks in prefabs and the first version of the world editor. The density value was always in the editor in the bottom left where you see and edit the meta data for blocks but now it is editable too. I think it's going to take a lot of trial and error to understand what the density settings do but I'm sure you guys will figure it out and we can make something to streamline the process. I did a bit a messing around with it but something seems to be lying. The density values in the prefab aren't what the game says they are when using the F3 (?) command to bring up the debug info. Not sure why it's inconsistent but it makes debugging the stuff very difficult. I think density should only be set for terrain blocks and if you're unsure what to use set the density to zero and the game will use default values. The world editor is now enabled as well, there's a video for setting it up and a quick overview [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UWYxHMbmWQ&feature=youtu.be"]here[/URL]. I'm running a new rig now and have replaced the recording software so hopefully that annoying audio sync loss is now gone. Remember, this is a first release that's buggy and un-optimised. If you can't handle alpha access then don't click the button (and how are you playing 7DTD?) I will probably be taking an extended break from the editor once Fallout is released so if you have any suggestions or bug reports if you can let me know as early as possible I will try to get them fixed before Nov 10. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;329607]Update time! Many new things are in. Mainly being able to set the density values for blocks in prefabs and the first version of the world editor. The density value was always in the editor in the bottom left where you see and edit the meta data for blocks but now it is editable too. I think it's going to take a lot of trial and error to understand what the density settings do but I'm sure you guys will figure it out and we can make something to streamline the process. I did a bit a messing around with it but something seems to be lying. The density values in the prefab aren't what the game says they are when using the F3 (?) command to bring up the debug info. Not sure why it's inconsistent but it makes debugging the stuff very difficult. I think density should only be set for terrain blocks and if you're unsure what to use set the density to zero and the game will use default values. The world editor is now enabled as well, there's a video for setting it up and a quick overview [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UWYxHMbmWQ&feature=youtu.be"]here[/URL]. I'm running a new rig now and have replaced the recording software so hopefully that annoying audio sync loss is now gone. Remember, this is a first release that's buggy and un-optimised. If you can't handle alpha access then don't click the button (and how are you playing 7DTD?) I will probably be taking an extended break from the editor once Fallout is released so if you have any suggestions or bug reports if you can let me know as early as possible I will try to get them fixed before Nov 10. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Hi Hal, THANK YOU for continuing to update your already fantastic tool! I was able to figure out how to get the density function to work for me. I simply opened up a vanilla prefab and copied the density values that the devs used for their blocks and applied it my own blocks. In the sample image below, I modified the density value of the concrete blocks below the shed to the value -108 and then modified the density value of the adjacent gravel blocks to -128 and VOILA!!!! Seemless transition between diamond and square shaped blocks! :) Before: [img]http://i.imgur.com/9gcxu4h.jpg[/img] After: [img]http://i.imgur.com/8aNybR0.jpg[/img]

[QUOTE=Laz Man;330184]Hi Hal, THANK YOU for continuing to update your already fantastic tool! I was able to figure out how to get the density function to work for me. I simply opened up a vanilla prefab and copied the density values that the devs used for their blocks and applied it my own blocks. In the sample image below, I modified the density value of the concrete blocks below the shed to the value -108 and then modified the density value of the adjacent gravel blocks to -128 and VOILA!!!! Seemless transition between diamond and square shaped blocks! :) Before: [img]http://i.imgur.com/9gcxu4h.jpg[/img] After: [img]http://i.imgur.com/8aNybR0.jpg[/img][/QUOTE] awesome :-)

[attachment=522:name] [attachment=523:name] As I mentioned I'm not sure you even need the terrain block to have the density set. The first shot there is actually an alley of 1 terrainfiller, 2 blocks sidewalk, 1 terrainfiller and the 2 sidewalk blocks have pulled the terrain right over the top; ) The second shot has -100 on the now covered brick at the bottom, one side is the edge of the prefab, the other has a single line of density 0 terrainfiller.

[QUOTE=Laz Man;330184]Hi Hal, THANK YOU for continuing to update your already fantastic tool! I was able to figure out how to get the density function to work for me. I simply opened up a vanilla prefab and copied the density values that the devs used for their blocks and applied it my own blocks. In the sample image below, I modified the density value of the concrete blocks below the shed to the value -108 and then modified the density value of the adjacent gravel blocks to -128 and VOILA!!!! Seemless transition between diamond and square shaped blocks! :) [/QUOTE] Looking good Laz! Can't wait to see what you can come up with. [QUOTE=StompyNZ;330204][ATTACH=CONFIG]11342[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]11343[/ATTACH] As I mentioned I'm not sure you even need the terrain block to have the density set. The first shot there is actually an alley of 1 terrainfiller, 2 blocks sidewalk, 1 terrainfiller and the 2 sidewalk blocks have pulled the terrain right over the top; ) The second shot has -100 on the now covered brick at the bottom, one side is the edge of the prefab, the other has a single line of density 0 terrainfiller.[/QUOTE] What value did you use in the first shot on the sidewalk blocks? If you guys come up with a list of densities that work together or a way of calculating a smooth slope I will put it into a cheat sheet in the editor for everyone to reference. Maybe in time I can add a tool that will build a smooth sloped based on your inputs. Cheers, Hal

Archived