Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=kimila;318177]Hi. This is the one i would like to insert but it seems to be too big. [ATTACH=CONFIG]10854[/ATTACH] Looking forward to the new release and hope this will solve the problem. The area i am talking about is 341 X 341 with asphalt around it, 5 block. Then i have made a small one 51 X 51 and place that inside so i get 32 small area that players can build on and they place there claimblock in the middle of that block so the are protected just to the road, if you know what i mean. Have a nice day.[/QUOTE] Can you send me the prefab? I'll run it through the editor and see if there's any issue. [QUOTE=HydroXTV;318254]I know thats and old one, but I just had an idea about that! (actually I had it 2pages later for whatever reason) Lets say you have a prefab where copyairblocks IS NOT ticked + rotation is 1(whatever direction that is). Change the stuff,while the game is running, u want to change(tick copyairblocks) make sure u SAVE it and then insert it again, aint that working?[/QUOTE] Yep, that would work. [QUOTE=kimila;318302]Got another problem. Found some old house and claim them. Put it into you editor and it seems ok. When i move mouse cursor over a block that should be stairsSmallRichwood i get this error "value of 23 is not valid for 'selectedindex'" There is the same block on the same layer in another place and here it is ok, but the block is not pointing the same direction maybe thats why it is ok. I can replace the block with woodframe but still get the error on the same block. Have a nice day.[/QUOTE] What version of the game are you running? And which version of the editor? Sounds like an error I've seen when there's a mismatch.

Good Evening Hal, I recently noticed that in some vanilla prefabs that diamond shaped blocks will sit flush when placed along certain cubed blocks. A good example of this is with vanilla prefab "store_book_sm_01.tss." In front of the store there are SideWalkFull blocks (cube shaped) placed next to asphalt blocks (diamond shaped). Strangely, when these two blocks are placed next to each other, the asphalt block smoothes itself out so it sits flush against the SideWalkFull block. However, if you grab both these blocks from out of the creative menu and place them alongside of each other they [color=red]will not[/color] create a seemless transition. After much testing, it appears that the blocks in question were somehow configured to allow for this special "Smoothing" transition to occur. Is there a function or meta tag in your editor that configure diamond shaped blocks to behave this way? See thread link below for additional information. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks :) [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32866-Block-Smoothing[/url]

[QUOTE=h0tr0d;308457] Also something else I noticed. When replacing terrain with blocks it causes a weird terrain mesh surface error, I did a video of my looking at it [URL="http://youtu.be/jBea75Sxjb8"]here[/URL][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=HAL9000;308488] Ah yes, the weird texture merging. That started a couple of alphas ago. You can try using the reset parameter in the InsertPrefab command to get rid of it. Resetting just fills the area with air first and then does the insert. The only donwside at the moment is this can't be used when having the CopyAir box unticked as it wipes the area clean before inserting. You set the reset parameter like this: bbb ip true Also, just as an after-thought. Now the editor is in lock-down with new features for a while it's a good time for me to make a video going through the editor from downloading for the first time, installation and usage. I'll see what I can do over the next couple of days. Hal[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Laz Man;318797]Good Evening Hal, I recently noticed that in some vanilla prefabs that diamond shaped blocks will sit flush when placed along certain cubed blocks. A good example of this is with vanilla prefab "store_book_sm_01.tss." In front of the store there are SideWalkFull blocks (cube shaped) placed next to asphalt blocks (diamond shaped). Strangely, when these two blocks are placed next to each other, the asphalt block smoothes itself out so it sits flush against the SideWalkFull block. However, if you grab both these blocks from out of the creative menu and place them alongside of each other they [color=red]will not[/color] create a seemless transition. After much testing, it appears that the blocks in question were somehow configured to allow for this special "Smoothing" transition to occur. Is there a function or meta tag in your editor that configure diamond shaped blocks to behave this way? See thread link below for additional information. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks :) [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32866-Block-Smoothing[/url][/QUOTE] [URL="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?7564-Hal-s-Prefab-Editor/page124"]this?[/URL]

Hal hi for some reason even after updating the editor. each time i go to go into the prefab editor i get a error that says details, continue or quit. When going into details I get this - See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) at SDTDEditor.BlockReader.LoadColours() at SDTDEditor.BlockReader.ReadBlocks() at SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.LoadBlocksXML() at SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.100.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/stallionsden/Desktop/7DTDEditor/SDTDEditor.exe ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.91.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Core Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- Assembly-CSharp Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/stallionsden/Desktop/7DTDEditor/Assembly-CSharp.DLL ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/stallionsden/Desktop/7DTDEditor/UnityEngine.DLL ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 14.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Web.Services Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.GeneratedCode Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- Accessibility Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT Debugging ************** To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this application or computer (machine.config) must have the jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled. For example: When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hey Hal About the adding of the "glassshower to glassbuisness" block. Thx for the offer - but NO !!! I have to check each prefab manually - because some glasshowers i wann keep. Only the ones that appear as windows have to be changed (hopefully!!!). This is man's work and cannot made automaticly IMO. I will check the Magoli-function with the custom-prefabs soon. But iam hardly into creating some new Buildings these days. (And this means Iam on 11.4 again !!! I love that version for creating very much :) !!! ) btw: Have u saw [URL="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32866-Block-Smoothing"]THAT[/URL] Do u have a idea how we can control that little gap between earth-kinda-blocks and common sqaured ones ???? cya Mag

[QUOTE=HAL9000;318318]Can you send me the prefab? I'll run it through the editor and see if there's any issue. What version of the game are you running? And which version of the editor? Sounds like an error I've seen when there's a mismatch.[/QUOTE] Sorry for the question but how do i add a file, only pictures and video is possible. kimila

[QUOTE=Laz Man;318797]Good Evening Hal, I recently noticed that in some vanilla prefabs that diamond shaped blocks will sit flush when placed along certain cubed blocks. A good example of this is with vanilla prefab "store_book_sm_01.tss." In front of the store there are SideWalkFull blocks (cube shaped) placed next to asphalt blocks (diamond shaped). Strangely, when these two blocks are placed next to each other, the asphalt block smoothes itself out so it sits flush against the SideWalkFull block. However, if you grab both these blocks from out of the creative menu and place them alongside of each other they [color=red]will not[/color] create a seemless transition. After much testing, it appears that the blocks in question were somehow configured to allow for this special "Smoothing" transition to occur. Is there a function or meta tag in your editor that configure diamond shaped blocks to behave this way? See thread link below for additional information. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks :) [url]https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32866-Block-Smoothing[/url][/QUOTE] Hey Laz, Yes, there's a smoothing process in the RWG stuff that isn't done by the editor. Mainly cause I don't know where it happens. There's a function in the prefab class that snaps to terrain but my limited testing with it didn't do anything. That may be because I wasn't using a prefab with the correct blocks. Now we know a prefab it definitely works with I will take a look at it again. [QUOTE=stallionsden;318857]Hal hi for some reason even after updating the editor. each time i go to go into the prefab editor i get a error that says details, continue or quit. When going into details I get this - See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. [/QUOTE] As a guess you have custom blocks defined and they share a block ID which would cause the editor to throw that error. Or maybe there's something gone wrong with the block meta data the editor stores. Try deleting the file BlockColours.txt from the editor folder. If that doesn't work delete it again and the BlockData file too. [QUOTE=Magoli;318861]Hey Hal About the adding of the "glassshower to glassbuisness" block. Thx for the offer - but NO !!! I have to check each prefab manually - because some glasshowers i wann keep. Only the ones that appear as windows have to be changed (hopefully!!!). This is man's work and cannot made automaticly IMO. I will check the Magoli-function with the custom-prefabs soon. But iam hardly into creating some new Buildings these days. (And this means Iam on 11.4 again !!! I love that version for creating very much :) !!! ) btw: Have u saw [URL="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32866-Block-Smoothing"]THAT[/URL] Do u have a idea how we can control that little gap between earth-kinda-blocks and common sqaured ones ???? cya Mag[/QUOTE] Hey Mag, Yeah automating window-only removal would be problematic. Laz has posted about the block terrain gaps. I will take a look. I've seen a few of your asia inspired creations recently - looking good! Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=kimila;318918]Hope this is right. [ATTACH]10928[/ATTACH] This should be the prefab i have some problems with.[/QUOTE] tried using the 10-11 converter? Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- convert to our side. [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE=HAL9000;318905]Hey Laz, Yes, there's a smoothing process in the RWG stuff that isn't done by the editor. Mainly cause I don't know where it happens. There's a function in the prefab class that snaps to terrain but my limited testing with it didn't do anything. That may be because I wasn't using a prefab with the correct blocks. Now we know a prefab it definitely works with I will take a look at it again. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- It was a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on your door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth. And so it goes away. Puzzling."

[QUOTE=HAL9000;318905]Hey Laz, Yes, there's a smoothing process in the RWG stuff that isn't done by the editor. Mainly cause I don't know where it happens. There's a function in the prefab class that snaps to terrain but my limited testing with it didn't do anything. That may be because I wasn't using a prefab with the correct blocks. Now we know a prefab it definitely works with I will take a look at it again. As a guess you have custom blocks defined and they share a block ID which would cause the editor to throw that error. Or maybe there's something gone wrong with the block meta data the editor stores. Try deleting the file BlockColours.txt from the editor folder. If that doesn't work delete it again and the BlockData file too. Hey Mag, Yeah automating window-only removal would be problematic. Laz has posted about the block terrain gaps. I will take a look. I've seen a few of your asia inspired creations recently - looking good! Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Thanks for taking a look hal. I will make a video when I get a chance to try and illustrate what I'm seeing better. :)

[QUOTE=HAL9000;318905] As a guess you have custom blocks defined and they share a block ID which would cause the editor to throw that error. Or maybe there's something gone wrong with the block meta data the editor stores. Try deleting the file BlockColours.txt from the editor folder. If that doesn't work delete it again and the BlockData file too. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Ok that worked TY Hal :-)

[QUOTE=HAL9000;318905]Hey Laz, Yes, there's a smoothing process in the RWG stuff that isn't done by the editor. Mainly cause I don't know where it happens. There's a function in the prefab class that snaps to terrain but my limited testing with it didn't do anything. That may be because I wasn't using a prefab with the correct blocks. Now we know a prefab it definitely works with I will take a look at it again. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] 1 Day ago--[QUOTE=h0tr0d;318492]If the world generates it in the rwgmixer file...then it should be smooth provided your Y offset and pertinents are accurate. If you try and insert it in manually there is a gap between blocks and terrain. Terrain always has an odd overlap blending sort of thing. I have had one snow block in a 10x10 area and an entire row of asphalt next to grass had a small white strip between them.[/quote] Thanks Hal! Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- Is everything ok Dave?

[QUOTE=HAL9000;317984]Ah well then we should expect another DNC classic soon! ^^ Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] I "assumed" they added weapon unloading since I took time off, but it looks like it hasn't been added (even since A8.2) Since I cannot use Cecil to do the coding for weapon unload, I'll have to deobfuscate the "original" .dll Accessing private variables for weapon unload are not possible without editing the "original" .dll file again. (may also throw in: add bullet casing upon shot fired from weapon). When you get a chance, please PM me a link with the tool your using to deobfuscate (don't have this any longer --- compiled version is fine). <--- prefer this method (just in case I have to swap between tools to get a better view of C#, sometimes she's a pig and can only see a little here an there) Or deobfuscate the original, send me a link, I'll work on it like I used to, and return it back for your own voodoo magic to be added. If that is fine with you? Thanks bro :0)

[QUOTE=kimila;318918]Hope this is right. [ATTACH]10928[/ATTACH] This should be the prefab i have some problems with.[/QUOTE] I've made a couple of tweaks to the import method, give it a go in the next version. Make sure you've visited the whole area first. Chunks don't exist until you visit them and the editor can't make chunks that haven't been created yet. [QUOTE=Laz Man;318960]Thanks for taking a look hal. I will make a video when I get a chance to try and illustrate what I'm seeing better. :)[/QUOTE] Each block has a density value that controls how large it is (which threw me for a while cause to me density doesn't equal volume) if I tweak these values I can get things sized correctly but can't find where the process is automated in the RWG. I want to see the back-end changes to blocks in A13 before putting more time into it but if I can get something out I will see for the A13 version. [QUOTE=stallionsden;319036]Ok that worked TY Hal :-)[/QUOTE] np stallionsden ^^ [QUOTE=h0tr0d;319093]1 Day ago-- Thanks Hal! Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- Is everything ok Dave?[/QUOTE] That's the one! [QUOTE=DarkNightsComing;319187]I "assumed" they added weapon unloading since I took time off, but it looks like it hasn't been added (even since A8.2) Since I cannot use Cecil to do the coding for weapon unload, I'll have to deobfuscate the "original" .dll Accessing private variables for weapon unload are not possible without editing the "original" .dll file again. (may also throw in: add bullet casing upon shot fired from weapon). When you get a chance, please PM me a link with the tool your using to deobfuscate (don't have this any longer --- compiled version is fine). <--- prefer this method (just in case I have to swap between tools to get a better view of C#, sometimes she's a pig and can only see a little here an there) Or deobfuscate the original, send me a link, I'll work on it like I used to, and return it back for your own voodoo magic to be added. If that is fine with you? Thanks bro :0)[/QUOTE] That's the good news, no more deobfuscation :) you can drop the vanilla Assembly-CSharp.dll file into DotPeek and see what's going on. There's a new namespace called "A" that holds a lot of helper classes but once you get used to it then it's easy to read around. Let me know if you need anything. Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;319254]That's the good news, no more deobfuscation :) you can drop the vanilla Assembly-CSharp.dll file into DotPeek and see what's going on. There's a new namespace called "A" that holds a lot of helper classes but once you get used to it then it's easy to read around. Let me know if you need anything. Hal[/QUOTE] Totally loving it!!! Going to have some fun. I'll take a look at the namespace first before digging in to create weapon unload / bullet casing. Appreciate it and I'll definitely let you know if anything pops up. DNC

[QUOTE=HAL9000;319254]That's the good news, no more deobfuscation :) you can drop the vanilla Assembly-CSharp.dll file into DotPeek and see what's going on. There's a new namespace called "A" that holds a lot of helper classes but once you get used to it then it's easy to read around. Let me know if you need anything. Hal[/QUOTE] Cheers for this tip Hal. I haven't learnt C# yet but it makes for some interesting reading to see the code, esp for the RWG section :) Might really help for understanding what options we have that arn't covered in the xml :)

[QUOTE=kimila;319696]Hi again. Just a simple question. If want to make an area fill with stone and i type bbb fa stone 5, i get an area that is 10 x 11 not 11 x 11. kimila[/QUOTE] Just tried it an worked ok. Remember it only fills air with the block specified. It won't replace other blocks/grass etc. Which I suppose leads to the question do you guys want a "Fill Area" and a "Fill Space" command? [QUOTE=Deccypher;320619]Hi Anyone else having problems with Windows 10 and Hals tool. I love the tool but cant use it since my pc decided to go win 10. I have sevral things i want to work on but cant get it to jive,[/QUOTE] I'm runnning Windows 10 and it's running fine. Are you running the latest version of the editor? What isn't happening?

[QUOTE=Deccypher;320660]Hi Hal, assuming something with the dll, gets stuck on loading ( like it does if you try to load it on a12.5) even though its running a11.3[/QUOTE] The latest version of the editor won't run on A11. There's a link in the first post for a version of the editor that's compatible. Try downloading that again.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;320647]Which I suppose leads to the question do you guys want a "Fill Area" and a "Fill Space" command? [/QUOTE] I set up my build area by clipping underground and doing bbb fa air 50 50 then bbb fa steelwall 50 so it gives a nice flat workspace to start building on :) fillspace could be handy for that too ;)

[QUOTE=HAL9000;320672]The latest version of the editor won't run on A11. There's a link in the first post for a version of the editor that's compatible. Try downloading that again.[/QUOTE] ahh i new it was an older version just forgot it was that far back. ill try it on A10.4 and give another go and alwos try the link you mentioned..

Archived