Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=stallionsden;305566]Just a quick question. When trying to link the server to the editor so i can get the base i built out. Server: [COLOR="#00FF00"]I know this[/COLOR] Port: [COLOR="#00FF00"]I know this[/COLOR] User: [COLOR="#00FF00"]I know this[/COLOR] Pass: [COLOR="#00FF00"]I know this[/COLOR] Root: [COLOR="#FF0000"]I have no idea what this is[/COLOR] Save Path: [COLOR="#00FF00"]I know this[/COLOR] Also what filees do i need to put into my server as well or.[/QUOTE] It depends on who your provider is. Try connecting to your FTP with an FTP client (I use FileZilla). When you connect it will show the path to the root of the FTP folder. Put that in. On mine it's "/7dtd/" but it will vary. [QUOTE=Magoli;305574]Thx for changing that Hal. I also didn't know the ctrl+z - command. But so its much more comfortable ;) Mag[/QUOTE] The undo feature isn't tied to a key combo. You need to click the buttons in the top left of the screen. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;305580]It depends on who your provider is. Try connecting to your FTP with an FTP client (I use FileZilla). When you connect it will show the path to the root of the FTP folder. Put that in. On mine it's "/7dtd/" but it will vary. The undo feature isn't tied to a key combo. You need to click the buttons in the top left of the screen. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] ty for the reply. Your gonna have to be more specific please. I do not understand. I have filezilla have opened it up and i dont see anything :-(. Also I do not know where to put the stuff extracted like I have placed it in the desktop but do i have to place anything else in my 7dtd folder &/or server. Sorry to be a bother

[QUOTE=HAL9000;305580]It depends on who your provider is. Try connecting to your FTP with an FTP client (I use FileZilla). When you connect it will show the path to the root of the FTP folder. Put that in. On mine it's "/7dtd/" but it will vary. The undo feature isn't tied to a key combo. You need to click the buttons in the top left of the screen. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] I bad know English so I couldn't understand from the video how to use your program there's a manual in text format ?

[QUOTE=stallionsden;305597]ty for the reply. Your gonna have to be more specific please. I do not understand. I have filezilla have opened it up and i dont see anything :-(. Also I do not know where to put the stuff extracted like I have placed it in the desktop but do i have to place anything else in my 7dtd folder &/or server. Sorry to be a bother[/QUOTE] I don't have a dedicated server any more so I can't show you mine but check [URL="http://www.vendocode.com/Root.png"]this[/URL]. Where it says "/7DTD" on the right hand side. Copy the path to the root of the dedicated server that's in that box. If you want to run the bbb commands you'll need to replace the Assembly-CSharp.DLL file that's on the server with the dedicated server version of my editor. It's in the editor folder. If you get stuck PM me your details and I'll have a look. [QUOTE=stanislav;305620]I bad know English so I couldn't understand from the video how to use your program there's a manual in text format ?[/QUOTE] Hi stanislav. No, there's no written manual unfortunately. Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;305628]I don't have a dedicated server any more so I can't show you mine but check [URL="http://www.vendocode.com/Root.png"]this[/URL]. Where it says "/7DTD" on the right hand side. Copy the path to the root of the dedicated server that's in that box. If you want to run the bbb commands you'll need to replace the Assembly-CSharp.DLL file that's on the server with the dedicated server version of my editor. It's in the editor folder. If you get stuck PM me your details and I'll have a look. Hi stanislav. No, there's no written manual unfortunately. Hal[/QUOTE] here I created a house , how do I insert the game and how to find a house in the game ?

[QUOTE=stanislav;305638]here I created a house , how do I insert the game and how to find a house in the game ?[/QUOTE] Try [URL="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?10118-How-to-Add-or-Move-a-Prefab"]this[/URL] tutorial by WSiegel

[QUOTE=HAL9000;305535]There's already an undo/redo feature but it was disabled after the last update. It's re-enabled in the next release of the editor. Look in the top left of the screen for the undo/redo arrows. I've just tried using the replace block function to remove brownGrassDiagonal and it worked fine. What problem are you having? I wasn't specifying a location. The dialog box just opens in My Documents by default. I've changed it so it will point to the app data folder now. You can change the claim size through the backup manager while you're still in the game. Just alt-tab out, change and save the area and the player and it will refresh in-game. [/QUOTE] Thank you. The replaceblockid to air does not work, the grass remains. Unless I am doing something wrong...I can change it to any block but air it seems. When I change the claim size it does not update if I stay in-game like you said. Dunno what I do wrong. I alt tab out, change it, in-game it says bbb reload, but when I try a bbb claim, uses old size.

[QUOTE=h0tr0d;305824]Thank you. The replaceblockid to air does not work, the grass remains. Unless I am doing something wrong...I can change it to any block but air it seems. When I change the claim size it does not update if I stay in-game like you said. Dunno what I do wrong. I alt tab out, change it, in-game it says bbb reload, but when I try a bbb claim, uses old size.[/QUOTE] You don't have to reclaim the lot. After you update the dimensions of the claim, just usethe BBB ex command.

[QUOTE=h0tr0d;305860]Ugh, trying to export a 1000 x 255 x 1000 area...[/QUOTE] That's 255 million blocks you're trying to export ;) my export routine uses some basic compression but the prefab files don't so you'd be looking at a prefab file size of around 2 gig! [QUOTE=h0tr0d;305867]Yeah maybe a bit ambitious...figured my machine would chew through it. If only I could use air blocks to eliminate other blocks![/QUOTE] Can you post a video of what you're doing? I'm 99% sure the function works as intended but without knowing your steps it's hard to tell you what to change. [QUOTE=Laz Man;305962]You don't have to reclaim the lot. After you update the dimensions of the claim, just usethe BBB ex command.[/QUOTE] Good point Laz Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;305990]That's 255 million blocks you're trying to export ;) my export routine uses some basic compression but the prefab files don't so you'd be looking at a prefab file size of around 2 gig! Can you post a video of what you're doing? I'm 99% sure the function works as intended but without knowing your steps it's hard to tell you what to change. Good point Laz Hal[/QUOTE] I will tonight. I am currently trying to import a less ambitious prefab of 18.8 million blocks, and it keeps giving me some heap error. I'll show you what I am trying to do through a video tonight.

[QUOTE=h0tr0d;306402]here ya go Hal...you know the editor better than we do so you can see what I am doing. [URL="http://youtu.be/lc7Tz4mJ00M"]I might be mistaken[/URL][/QUOTE] Thanks for the video. It's much easier to tell what's going on when I can see it. First one I think is a bug. The "Invalid Search ID" message box happens when nothing is selected in the "Replace" combobox but there is a text value there. Did you copy/paste that in? Or do you have some sort of auto-fill software? The editor isn't setting the index of the destroyedStone item so you're getting the error message. When you opened the list and clicked on destroyed stone it worked because the index got set. I shall have a look at that. The second is user error unfortunately - the 20x20air prefab didn't have the copy air ticked so when you inserted it nothing happened because there's only air. You ticked the "copy air" and tried again but you didn't save the prefab so you were still loading the version that didn't have the copy air ticked. Save the prefab with the checkbox ticked and it will work fine. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=h0tr0d;306402]here ya go Hal...you know the editor better than we do so you can see what I am doing. [URL="http://youtu.be/lc7Tz4mJ00M"]I might be mistaken[/URL][/QUOTE] Yep, definitely a bug for number 1. Nice spot h0tr0d, that bug has been there since I first added block replacement many moons ago. I've just released a mini-update for the editor that fixes the replacement bug plus some of the tweaks you guys have asked for over the past couple of days. Do a manual update to get the new version. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;306524]Yep, definitely a bug for number 1. Nice spot h0tr0d, that bug has been there since I first added block replacement many moons ago. I've just released a mini-update for the editor that fixes the replacement bug plus some of the tweaks you guys have asked for over the past couple of days. Do a manual update to get the new version. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] OK, we shall see!

[QUOTE=h0tr0d;306788]Ah, and what about a feature for removing multiple layers/ columns? Unless I am missing it, I only see the option to remove one at a time.[/QUOTE] I use the remove layer feature all the time. Especially after exporting. Usually 0-80 then 31-174.

Archived