Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=Laz Man;304160]Hi Hal, I experienced a bug with certain rotations for the flagstone stair block. See error bleow. [img]http://i.imgur.com/rYm0X6L.png[/img][/QUOTE] Thanks Laz, I'll check it out [QUOTE=Krash;304371]Don't know much about installation on Linux, I just unpacked the ZIP in the 7d2d folder and started the editor exe, but that's on windows. Anyhow, just wanted to say thank you for the fixes on the editor! Small things like delete region files in savegames may not be working (it just deletes the 0,0 region) and the new stair rotations is giving the editor a headache :), also the undo function is not working for me anymore. But these are minor issues I just mention cause it may be of interest to see what 7dtd handles differently in A12.4. The editor is a great benefit for my gameplay, so again: Thank you very much for the work you put into it!!![/QUOTE] Last time I checked the editor wasn't compatible with Linux. They do a specific build for Linux which means a different DLL and asset file is generated so you can't swap one with the other. [QUOTE=Magoli;304515]Hello Hal Do u know a easy/automatic way to change meta "Lit1" to "Lit2" ??? I know the "reset all meta data" function. But i need to exchange just the Lightning. And also just the Lights that are "Lit1". They have to be "Lit2" !!! The Lights that are "off" - has to stay off !!! I have to do this on 120 Prefabs. Because "Lit1" makes big performance-trouble (fps decreases) !!! Is it difficult and would it take much time for you to write a little Converter that can do this !!! (Again this would be a question for Kin: "Will the "Lit1"-meta performance get better in near future ??" ) best regards Mag[/QUOTE] There's no way currently, I'll see what I can do over the weekend. [QUOTE=rucky;304517]Na, I don't get it. :-( please give me a bit advice what EXACTLY I need to do to EXPORT a prefab from a SP random gen save. 1) Download HAL's Editor. Done. if I am correct that does not need to be in the same directory as 7DTD, right? 2)... ?? I heard from copying Assembly-CSharp or was it Assembly-CSharp Dedicated? over the file located in C:\STEAM\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed - but then... game gives me black screen. so, without that. Starting Editor, Backup Manager, I choose my save, but program doesn't find any player... so I add him.. after clicking on his number/name: ERROR: Assembly-CSharp-firstpass wasn't found. okay. what shall I do?[/QUOTE] Sounds like you've copied the firstpass DLL out of the editor directory. You only copy the Assembly-CSharp.DLL out. Leave the others in. If you copy the others you could get a black screen when starting the game as I've had to tweak those. [QUOTE=Magoli;304600]Same thing here !!! Normaly the editor checks for updates in the first 5 secs !!! But the server is still down !!! This is why we couldn't recieve the right AC.dll !!! And this is y we get a blackscreen !!! I hope everything works normal soon. In the emergency-version u have to put the AssemblyCsharp.dll in your local Gamefolder. AssemblyCsharp_dedicated.dll on servers !!! @Hal: Could u send me pls the editor-version that works with A11.4 please ??? I believe it was the latest update for 0.42 - ore ??? Shame on me i dont saved it !!! Just updated the editor without thinking - shXt man !!! I need this version - because i still like to build (and export!) in A11.4 !!! A12 is not good for Prefab-creators (always Snow, rain, storm, alot darkness, weak and slow performance) !!! thx ahead Mag[/QUOTE] Sorry Mag, I don't have it anymore. The server is dead and that's where I stored the old ZIP files.

Hi hal. I have a request - with "List Blocks in Prefab", could you make it possible to copy and paste that text (or is there a way that already exists that I've missed)? This way I could copy and paste the text into a spreadsheet and auto-generate a list of tasks when renovating prefabs for bugs/balance. For example next to whenever "wallLight01" appears I might put "Turn this off" or similar. I could also then use it to auto assign values to loot contains and give a prefab an overall loot score. It doesn't matter what format the text is in, as long as I can copy and paste it I can use vertical selection to manage the rest.

[QUOTE=alexander_q;304904]Hi hal. I have a request - with "List Blocks in Prefab", could you make it possible to copy and paste that text (or is there a way that already exists that I've missed)? This way I could copy and paste the text into a spreadsheet and auto-generate a list of tasks when renovating prefabs for bugs/balance. For example next to whenever "wallLight01" appears I might put "Turn this off" or similar. I could also then use it to auto assign values to loot contains and give a prefab an overall loot score. It doesn't matter what format the text is in, as long as I can copy and paste it I can use vertical selection to manage the rest.[/QUOTE] When the message box appears you can press Control+C to copy the message to the clipboard. Is that what you mean?

[QUOTE=HAL9000;304895]Sounds like you've copied the firstpass DLL out of the editor directory. You only copy the Assembly-CSharp.DLL out. Leave the others in. If you copy the others you could get a black screen when starting the game as I've had to tweak those.[/QUOTE] thanx for your answer, but sorry, I've only copied Assembly-CSharp.DLL and I get a black screen here... (and there is no firstpass dll in your editor directory)

[QUOTE=rucky;304927]thanx for your answer, but sorry, I've only copied Assembly-CSharp.DLL and I get a black screen here... (and there is no firstpass dll in your editor directory)[/QUOTE] Where did you download the editor from? If it's the link in the first post try [URL="http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=64358904488164352763"]this[/URL] one instead. Usually the editor updates but my server's down at the moment, you may be trying with an old version.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;304938]Where did you download the editor from? If it's the link in the first post try [URL="http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=64358904488164352763"]this[/URL] one instead. Usually the editor updates but my server's down at the moment, you may be trying with an old version.[/QUOTE] yep, I got that one, there is no Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll in your folder... and that one gives me the black screen too :-( do I need an older version of 7DTD for that to work? 11.4 ?

Hi, if people are required to perform certain copy and pasting of files to or from editor can someone please provide a step by step installation summary for the editor? People on this thread seem to be searching for the correct way to install this, me included and so far I see no real instruction just people trying to sort it, finding the way and then leaving the thread hanging without the actual instruction being posted. It would be more useful to provide detail instructions no?

FINALLY I got it to work!!! oh yes, difficult thing it was, it seems missing that Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll... so here is my STEP-by-STEP instruction to get your prefab into the editor: [LIST] [*]GET SDTDEditor.zip, extract to a directory of YOUR choice [*]RENAME "C:\STEAM\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll" (dir may vary) [*]COPY Assembly-CSharp.dll from SDTDEditor to "7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed" [*]NOW COPY Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll from "7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed" to SDTDEditor-Directory [*]START SDTDEditor.EXE - you may need to specify 7DTD-folder [*]in editor menu CHOOSE "Prefab Editor" [*]in editor CHOOSE "Launch Game" [*]in game menu CHOOSE your save with your prefab and LOAD [*]in game go/fly to your prefab and then HIT ESC [*]NOW SWITCH back to editor menu and CHOOSE "Backup Manager" [*]in manager CHOOSE World, Save and Player to your Save and you [*]in manager SET "Is Admin" to true [*]SWITCH BACK to game und HIT ESC another time - you will see something -bbb- mentioning, thats *GOOD* [*]in game HIT 'T' and TYPE IN 'bbb claim prefabname' - you will see a message that you've done it [*](SWITCH BACK to manager, RECLICK your player and you will see a claimed area :-) SWITCH BACK to game after) [*]in game HIT 'T' and TYPE IN 'bbb ex prefabname' - you will see a message showing the location where it's saved [*]SWITCH to editor, CHOOSE "File" > "Load exported area" [*]NAVIGATE to "C:\Users\{yourName}\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Random Gen\{savename}\BlockBackup\Users\{yourId}" [*]CHOOSE your exported "prefabname.ex" - vola! you got it [/LIST] now I need to check what I can do with it...

[QUOTE=LowfDog;305004]This is a newb question. Is there a way to replace all of one type of block in a prefab with another block? I haven't used the editor enough to be sure there isn't a way to do it.[/QUOTE] yes - its the function: "ReplaceBlockID's" just fillin the block u want to have changed above - and then what it should be in future in the box below. Then choose if u want it replaced just in this layer u r watching - or the complete prefab !!! And choose if want the rotation,damage and metas keept from the "old" blocks !!! Press OK - and its done ;) Mag

One last question, does the editor access blocks in my block file only or can it also access the miscellaneous blocks? ie, Red Wood is set as a Misc block, I did notice that it picks up my custom block Id's from my modding earlier blocks for my server.

Hi hal since you lost your previous domain. how would you like a sub domain to use as you see fit for your editor or anything else 7d2d ? HAL9000.7d2d.rocks. id be willing to host it for you free to keep the great tool/editor youve made alive . ( also updated the editor to the lastest version in my modtools. [URL="http://7d2d.rocks/mod-tools/SDTDEditor.zip"]SDTDEditor.zip[/URL] to use as a mirror til your set back up.. PM if your intrested and ill set it up and get you the ftp access ect

[QUOTE=rucky;304979]FINALLY I got it to work!!! oh yes, difficult thing it was, it seems missing that Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll... so here is my STEP-by-STEP instruction to get your prefab into the editor: [LIST] [*]GET SDTDEditor.zip, extract to a directory of YOUR choice [*]RENAME "C:\STEAM\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll" (dir may vary) [*]COPY Assembly-CSharp.dll from SDTDEditor to "7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed" [*]NOW COPY Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll from "7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed" to SDTDEditor-Directory [*]START SDTDEditor.EXE - you may need to specify 7DTD-folder [*]in editor menu CHOOSE "Prefab Editor" [*]in editor CHOOSE "Launch Game" [*]in game menu CHOOSE your save with your prefab and LOAD [*]in game go/fly to your prefab and then HIT ESC [*]NOW SWITCH back to editor menu and CHOOSE "Backup Manager" [*]in manager CHOOSE World, Save and Player to your Save and you [*]in manager SET "Is Admin" to true [*]SWITCH BACK to game und HIT ESC another time - you will see something -bbb- mentioning, thats *GOOD* [*]in game HIT 'T' and TYPE IN 'bbb claim prefabname' - you will see a message that you've done it [*](SWITCH BACK to manager, RECLICK your player and you will see a claimed area :-) SWITCH BACK to game after) [*]in game HIT 'T' and TYPE IN 'bbb ex prefabname' - you will see a message showing the location where it's saved [*]SWITCH to editor, CHOOSE "File" > "Load exported area" [*]NAVIGATE to "C:\Users\{yourName}\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Random Gen\{savename}\BlockBackup\Users\{yourId}" [*]CHOOSE your exported "prefabname.ex" - vola! you got it [/LIST] now I need to check what I can do with it...[/QUOTE] Thanks Rucky. I will check out why the firstpass DLL is missing from the editor zip. [QUOTE=Hunter;305068]One last question, does the editor access blocks in my block file only or can it also access the miscellaneous blocks? ie, Red Wood is set as a Misc block, I did notice that it picks up my custom block Id's from my modding earlier blocks for my server.[/QUOTE] The editor reads your block.xml file to get the information so anything in there will be included. If you use custom blocks in your prefab though it will only work for people with the same block.xml file. [QUOTE=Deccypher;305132]Hi hal since you lost your previous domain. how would you like a sub domain to use as you see fit for your editor or anything else 7d2d ? HAL9000.7d2d.rocks. id be willing to host it for you free to keep the great tool/editor youve made alive . ( also updated the editor to the lastest version in my modtools. [URL="http://7d2d.rocks/mod-tools/SDTDEditor.zip"]SDTDEditor.zip[/URL] to use as a mirror til your set back up.. PM if your intrested and ill set it up and get you the ftp access ect[/QUOTE] Hi Deccypher, Thank you for the offer it's appreciated but the editor is tied into a webservice and things for the auto-update so I need to run it on my box. The URL has been transferred to a new server now but I need to set everything back up (why oh why did I leave the 7DTD stuff off the backup job?!) ^^ Hal

Hi Hal When I click on "List Blocks in Prefab" a window appears. But it has a static size and dont show everything (even when i change windows font-size). Could u make that window scrollable - so we can reach the end of the List ??? Mag

[QUOTE=Magoli;305190]Hi Hal When I click on "List Blocks in Prefab" a window appears. But it has a static size and dont show everything (even when i change windows font-size). Could u make that window scrollable - so we can reach the end of the List ??? Mag[/QUOTE] Done

[QUOTE=HAL9000;305152] Hi Deccypher, Thank you for the offer it's appreciated but the editor is tied into a webservice and things for the auto-update so I need to run it on my box. The URL has been transferred to a new server now but I need to set everything back up (why oh why did I leave the 7DTD stuff off the backup job?!) ^^ Hal[/QUOTE] np just trying to keep good tools in use :) dont woory we all have skipped a backup job once or twice .. great learning experiance :cower:

[QUOTE=h0tr0d;305321]Any chance of getting an Undo redo feature? Ctrl Z baby! And can anyone tell me how to get air blocks to replace browngrass and ♥♥♥♥! Filth floren filth![/QUOTE] There's already an undo/redo feature but it was disabled after the last update. It's re-enabled in the next release of the editor. Look in the top left of the screen for the undo/redo arrows. I've just tried using the replace block function to remove brownGrassDiagonal and it worked fine. What problem are you having? [QUOTE=h0tr0d;305331]Oh, Hal, when you click on "load exported area" it looks in the old saves area. They moved it to the appdata line, so probably an easy fix. Also, it doesn't seem as if you can change claim size while in-game.[/QUOTE] I wasn't specifying a location. The dialog box just opens in My Documents by default. I've changed it so it will point to the app data folder now. You can change the claim size through the backup manager while you're still in the game. Just alt-tab out, change and save the area and the player and it will refresh in-game. [QUOTE=alexander_q;305483]YES! You've just made me very happy. I'd been using OCR on screenshots of the blocklist lol[/QUOTE] Glad I could save you some time. That's a default Windows function so you can do it on any message box that pops up in any program. Mag asked me to change it so now it loads into a text box which will make it easier again. [QUOTE=Deccypher;305513]Hal having alot of trouble loading in windows 10 just getting black screen when launching game though editor. ill try tommorrow on an older pc just thought id let you know[/QUOTE] I haven't installed Windows 10 yet so can't test anything but let me know what you find out. Hal

Just a quick question. When trying to link the server to the editor so i can get the base i built out. Server: [COLOR="#00FF00"]I know this[/COLOR] Port: [COLOR="#00FF00"]I know this[/COLOR] User: [COLOR="#00FF00"]I know this[/COLOR] Pass: [COLOR="#00FF00"]I know this[/COLOR] Root: [COLOR="#FF0000"]I have no idea what this is[/COLOR] Save Path: [COLOR="#00FF00"]I know this[/COLOR] Also what filees do i need to put into my server as well or.

Archived