Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=SadPuppy;434517]Hello! I have the editor installed since I tried it out a little locally before, but now I would like to access my rented server and make prefabs etc. The only thing to install as far as I understood was the dedicated dll which I uploaded and renamed. I then restarted the server and joined. I eagerly type 'bbb shield' in chat but get back that I need to be an admin. Checking with 'admin list' in the console I confirm I am admin with all rights. It's probably dead simple but I cannot seem to find an answer to this problem. What am I missing? Are there other files to install? Oh, and totally unrelated...perhaps someone knows; When entering 3rd person view on the server, is there a way to freeze/lock the character so I can look around it and see the front and take a screenshot? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE] have you directed the editor to the server save path in settings

[QUOTE=stallionsden;434523]have you directed the editor to the server save path in settings[/QUOTE] No, I haven't touched the editor. Do I need to have the editor running locally when I play on the rented server you mean? I just wanted to check it out a bit first. I assumed it would save the prefab file (to be) on the server and I would ftp it home and edit it as needed and then re-upload or something. Or ...hmm...will it communicate with the server through that path perhaps?

Hello ! can reply here ? I needed to change some digits which hardcoded. They are located in "Assembly-CSharp.dll". Using "ILSpy" I can see them , but can't edit. I have long time not programmed - and now behind. I do not know what is now used. What and how do you edit Assembly-CSharp.dll ? who makes modified Assembly-CSharp.dll ? or advise where to ask. Thanks!

[QUOTE=SadPuppy;434517]Hello! I have the editor installed since I tried it out a little locally before, but now I would like to access my rented server and make prefabs etc. The only thing to install as far as I understood was the dedicated dll which I uploaded and renamed. I then restarted the server and joined. I eagerly type 'bbb shield' in chat but get back that I need to be an admin. Checking with 'admin list' in the console I confirm I am admin with all rights. It's probably dead simple but I cannot seem to find an answer to this problem. What am I missing? Are there other files to install? Oh, and totally unrelated...perhaps someone knows; When entering 3rd person view on the server, is there a way to freeze/lock the character so I can look around it and see the front and take a screenshot? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE] When you log in to the server type "bbb rp" that will refresh the editor and if no admins have already been created it will make you an admin by default. To set up others you have to add the FTP information in the editor and do it through that [QUOTE=n2n1;434594]Hello ! can reply here ? I needed to change some digits which hardcoded. They are located in "Assembly-CSharp.dll". Using "ILSpy" I can see them , but can't edit. I have long time not programmed - and now behind. I do not know what is now used. What and how do you edit Assembly-CSharp.dll ? who makes modified Assembly-CSharp.dll ? or advise where to ask. Thanks![/QUOTE] Download [URL="http://reflexil.net/"]Reflexil[/URL] for ILSpy, that will allow you to modify the IL in the DLL

[QUOTE=HAL9000;434612]When you log in to the server type "bbb rp" that will refresh the editor and if no admins have already been created it will make you an admin by default. To set up others you have to add the FTP information in the editor and do it through that [/QUOTE] My girlfriend told me she couldn't log in today (we are the only ones with pw now that we're setting up the server) so I checked the output_log which was around 360 MB. And even though noone was on the server it kept adding to the log file. Quickly checking through the file, I found that 'Hals Mod Loaded v2' 'Global Settings: C:\TCAFiles\Users\Sven-ErikB\167\HalGlobal.txt' but then it read 'NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at NguiWdwTerrainEditor.OnStrengthChange () [0x00000] in :0 at EventDelegate.Execute () [0x00000] in :0 at EventDelegate.Execute (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list) [0x00000] in :0 at UIProgressBar.Start () [0x00000] in :0 (Filename: Line: -1) NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at NguiWdwTerrainEditor.InGameMenuOpen (Boolean _isOpen) [0x00000] in :0 at NguiWdwTerrainEditor.Update () [0x00000] in :0 (Filename: Line: -1)' and after that it kept repeating the latter NRE for the rest of the file. And it kept adding... I look around the files on the server and under my seed / BlockBackup / Users, I check the log. It shows the commands I have been trying with BBB and after that: 'Process message from SadPuppy: Process chat error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object, at BackupManager.ProcessChatMessage (System.String msg, System.String playerName) [0x00000] in :0 ' And after that the same message twice with my girlfriends nickname (I assume she tried to connect twice). I now switched back the dlls and the output_log is small and not growing with errors anymore. Also, looking at info.txt it reads: name=SadPuppy ... admin=0 Not sure if it's a flag (not an admin) or it's the admin level but at least the file is there. The error situation; is that generated by 7 days or HAL9000? Could there be a compatibility problem with another mod (Allocs / Coppis)?

[QUOTE=SadPuppy;434681]My girlfriend told me she couldn't log in today (we are the only ones with pw now that we're setting up the server) so I checked the output_log which was around 360 MB. And even though noone was on the server it kept adding to the log file. Quickly checking through the file, I found that 'Hals Mod Loaded v2' 'Global Settings: C:\TCAFiles\Users\Sven-ErikB\167\HalGlobal.txt' but then it read 'NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at NguiWdwTerrainEditor.OnStrengthChange () [0x00000] in :0 at EventDelegate.Execute () [0x00000] in :0 at EventDelegate.Execute (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list) [0x00000] in :0 at UIProgressBar.Start () [0x00000] in :0 (Filename: Line: -1) NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at NguiWdwTerrainEditor.InGameMenuOpen (Boolean _isOpen) [0x00000] in :0 at NguiWdwTerrainEditor.Update () [0x00000] in :0 (Filename: Line: -1)' [/QUOTE] Interesting... that window shouldn't even be accessible to normal users. The error will be because the brush hasn't been set but the brush won't be set as that stuff isn't available to most users. [QUOTE=SadPuppy;434681] and after that it kept repeating the latter NRE for the rest of the file. And it kept adding... I look around the files on the server and under my seed / BlockBackup / Users, I check the log. It shows the commands I have been trying with BBB and after that: 'Process message from SadPuppy: Process chat error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object, at BackupManager.ProcessChatMessage (System.String msg, System.String playerName) [0x00000] in :0 ' [/QUOTE] If that's in my log file then it's having problems trying to parse the commands you're sending. And after that the same message twice with my girlfriends nickname (I assume she tried to connect twice). [QUOTE=SadPuppy;434681] Also, looking at info.txt it reads: name=SadPuppy ... admin=0 Not sure if it's a flag (not an admin) or it's the admin level but at least the file is there. The error situation; is that generated by 7 days or HAL9000? Could there be a compatibility problem with another mod (Allocs / Coppis)?[/QUOTE] Yes, that's a flag. Setting that to 1 will mean you're a bbb admin. Sounds like there's a compatibility issue. I'm not sure how Alloc's fixes work but if they patch the DLL and you're passing my DLL rather than the vanilla it could cause problems. Or if you've patched the vanilla DLL and then copied mine over the top of it that would be trouble too. Describe the order of installation and I'll see if it's fixable or not. I presume you're doing this on a dedi rather than an SP installing hosting a game?

[QUOTE=HAL9000;434698] Sounds like there's a compatibility issue. I'm not sure how Alloc's fixes work but if they patch the DLL and you're passing my DLL rather than the vanilla it could cause problems. Or if you've patched the vanilla DLL and then copied mine over the top of it that would be trouble too. Describe the order of installation and I'll see if it's fixable or not. I presume you're doing this on a dedi rather than an SP installing hosting a game?[/QUOTE] I got an archive from [url]http://www.botman.nz/download[/url] (Coppi's Mod) and just uploaded it to the server by FTP. The server is a rented one yes. I then just switched out the dll for your dedicated dll. If Alloc's fixes patch anything at run-time I do not know, I just copied it to the server under MODs.

[QUOTE=h0tr0d;434344]Well I'm not using SDX although I did download it. The Mods folder contains their mods but all the .xmls and this .dll are vanilla; I did a validate files check when I got this error and then re-placed my .xmls and your .dll. Is there something it changed that I am ignorant of? Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- we missed something[/QUOTE] Just tried the dedi DLL on a dedi installed on my local machine and it loaded up fine. I could bbb rp and use the fa command. The size of the DLL is 5,129Kb and the modified date should be 1st May 2016 at 20:55. Is that the same as your DLL? [QUOTE=SadPuppy;434927]I got an archive from [url]http://www.botman.nz/download[/url] (Coppi's Mod) and just uploaded it to the server by FTP. The server is a rented one yes. I then just switched out the dll for your dedicated dll. If Alloc's fixes patch anything at run-time I do not know, I just copied it to the server under MODs.[/QUOTE] I'd test each separately to find out which is causing the problem. Install in this order: 1) My DLL, 2) Run the game, make sure you can log in and no errors 3) Alloc's fixes 4) Run again and check logins 5) Coppi's mod 6) Check again Double check you have the latest versions of each mod. You should never see that first error message you posted so it sounds like something is pointing to an old place in an array or something from a previous version.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;434612] Download [URL="http://reflexil.net/"]Reflexil[/URL] for ILSpy, that will allow you to modify the IL in the DLL[/QUOTE] !!! [B]Thank You[/B] Very much! I was able to do what I wanted! I feel better! :D PS: why Assembly-CSharp.dll I can't find the names of the files from the assets? they refer as something different? or in a separate array? using ID? PPS: I'm not really here on the subject I guess. if so where do I go on the forum ? :)

[QUOTE=n2n1;435341]!!! [B]Thank You[/B] Very much! I was able to do what I wanted! I feel better! :D PS: why Assembly-CSharp.dll I can't find the names of the files from the assets? they refer as something different? or in a separate array? using ID? PPS: I'm not really here on the subject I guess. if so where do I go on the forum ? :)[/QUOTE] That's not how Unity works. You won't find references to the assets in the DLL, the DLL is just the scripting side of the engine. Try downloading Unity and creating projects to see how it works. I don't mind this thread going off topic if it's just quick questions but if you needed something in depth it would be easier to create a new post about it so you can find it easily again

[QUOTE=HAL9000;434959] I'd test each separately to find out which is causing the problem. Install in this order: 1) My DLL, 2) Run the game, make sure you can log in and no errors 3) Alloc's fixes 4) Run again and check logins 5) Coppi's mod 6) Check again Double check you have the latest versions of each mod. You should never see that first error message you posted so it sounds like something is pointing to an old place in an array or something from a previous version.[/QUOTE] I removed your DLL and all Mods and ran it vanilla, which worked OK. I then installed just your DLL (which I re-downloaded and filecompared to last time I did it). But the game isn't running as it should and the output_log generates lots of errors. --- FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UMA, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. (Filename: Line: -1) TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'UMA.UMADnaHumanoid' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. (Filename: Line: -1) FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UMA, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'BaseSlotData' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The following assembly referenced from C:\TCAFiles\Users\Sven-ErikB\167\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll could not be loaded: Assembly: UMA (assemblyref_index=19) Version: 0.0.0.0 Public Key: (none) The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (C:\TCAFiles\Users\Sven-ErikB\167\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\). TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'UIInput' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. at GUIWindowManager.Update () [0x00000] in :0 (Filename: Line: -1) --- and every few seconds it keeps adding the same to the log file. It's a rented server and I used your dedicated DLL.

[QUOTE=SadPuppy;435442]I removed your DLL and all Mods and ran it vanilla, which worked OK. I then installed just your DLL (which I re-downloaded and filecompared to last time I did it). But the game isn't running as it should and the output_log generates lots of errors. --- FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UMA, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. (Filename: Line: -1) TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'UMA.UMADnaHumanoid' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. (Filename: Line: -1) FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UMA, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'BaseSlotData' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The following assembly referenced from C:\TCAFiles\Users\Sven-ErikB\167\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll could not be loaded: Assembly: UMA (assemblyref_index=19) Version: 0.0.0.0 Public Key: (none) The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (C:\TCAFiles\Users\Sven-ErikB\167\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\). TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'UIInput' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. at GUIWindowManager.Update () [0x00000] in :0 (Filename: Line: -1) --- and every few seconds it keeps adding the same to the log file. It's a rented server and I used your dedicated DLL.[/QUOTE] Those errors don't make much sense. The UMA stuff is compiled in the Assembly-CSharp DLL. The only thing I can think of is if your hosting provider is running the x86 version of the server or something that isn't 14.6 but that would normally result in a different error message. Is your provider running one of the experimental branches?

[QUOTE=HAL9000;435475]Those errors don't make much sense. The UMA stuff is compiled in the Assembly-CSharp DLL. The only thing I can think of is if your hosting provider is running the x86 version of the server or something that isn't 14.6 but that would normally result in a different error message. Is your provider running one of the experimental branches?[/QUOTE] I got the reply from my provider today, they are running: [url]https://steamdb.info/app/294420/[/url]

[QUOTE=SadPuppy;436257]I got the reply from my provider today, they are running: [url]https://steamdb.info/app/294420/[/url][/QUOTE] That just means they're running the dedicated server. You can choose different branches of the install. I'd try downloading the dedicated server on your local machine. It's available in the tools section of Steam. If the editor works on your PC then it suggests it's a problem with your hosting provider. If it is a problem with your provider you need to work with them to resolve or use a different one. I've used BlueFang in the past with no problems using a modded DLL. If it still doesn't work on your local machine post the full log file and I'll have a look.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;437020]...[/QUOTE] Hopefully it is solved now. I reinstalled the server, put in your dll, added the mods, put back our customizations and game backup...and suddenly everything 'seems' to work now. I have tested today and got no weird errors like before. I can only guess that there were some error during installation last time, or that I somehow made an error somewhere despite my best efforts and error searching. Whatever the cause, if it works now I am very happy anyway. Apologies for the trouble, and thanks for your time and input! On a side note, I tried out the shield a little...but I couldn't get it to shut down without relogging (it claimed it stopped the shield but the poor zombies still fell down in pain). Known bug perhaps? Cheers, SadPuppy

[QUOTE=SadPuppy;437149]Hopefully it is solved now. I reinstalled the server, put in your dll, added the mods, put back our customizations and game backup...and suddenly everything 'seems' to work now. I have tested today and got no weird errors like before. I can only guess that there were some error during installation last time, or that I somehow made an error somewhere despite my best efforts and error searching. Whatever the cause, if it works now I am very happy anyway. Apologies for the trouble, and thanks for your time and input! On a side note, I tried out the shield a little...but I couldn't get it to shut down without relogging (it claimed it stopped the shield but the poor zombies still fell down in pain). Known bug perhaps? Cheers, SadPuppy[/QUOTE] Glad you got it sorted. Sounds like your nudge to the providers got them to sort something. I've never seen those errors before while messing with the editor so probably provider related. Yeah the shield bug is known, I haven't touched the editor in a while but if I remember I'll have a look into it before the next release.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;437394]Glad you got it sorted. Sounds like your nudge to the providers got them to sort something. I've never seen those errors before while messing with the editor so probably provider related. Yeah the shield bug is known, I haven't touched the editor in a while but if I remember I'll have a look into it before the next release.[/QUOTE] The world editor looks really good and I've been trying it a little. But when I hit "Edit Chunks In Prefab Editor", select an area with the middle mouse button, it opens up the Prefab Editor. However, after letting the World Editor open the Prefab Editor this way, I can't use 'Save As' as the application becomes non responsive and I have to close it. The other option "Export Chunks" seems to work fine though. I'm confused, what's the difference between those two? They seem to do the same, 'select area - edit area in editor' ? Also, trying to insert a prefab I don't get the red box you got in the tutorial video. Instead I get text in the chat: --BBB--: selbox selbox1 (coords) false bbb_red --BBB--: selbox selbox1 (coords) false bbb_blue What am I doing wrong? =(

[QUOTE=SadPuppy;437440]The world editor looks really good and I've been trying it a little. But when I hit "Edit Chunks In Prefab Editor", select an area with the middle mouse button, it opens up the Prefab Editor. However, after letting the World Editor open the Prefab Editor this way, I can't use 'Save As' as the application becomes non responsive and I have to close it. The other option "Export Chunks" seems to work fine though. I'm confused, what's the difference between those two? They seem to do the same, 'select area - edit area in editor' ? Also, trying to insert a prefab I don't get the red box you got in the tutorial video. Instead I get text in the chat: --BBB--: selbox selbox1 (coords) false bbb_red --BBB--: selbox selbox1 (coords) false bbb_blue What am I doing wrong? =([/QUOTE] Edit chunks in editor is for altering the world rather than saving a prefab. Once you've made the changes you want just close the editor window and it will ask you if you want to push the changes back to the server. If you click yes then it will reload the area you selected with the changes you made. Export chunks is for saving a prefab. Neither option should cause a hang though so I'll look into that. Sounds like you haven't installed the DLL on your local machine. Some commands run on the server side and some on the client. The red boxes are something that runs client side.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;437513] Sounds like you haven't installed the DLL on your local machine. Some commands run on the server side and some on the client. The red boxes are something that runs client side.[/QUOTE] Installed it now, but have to start the game without anticheat to get it to start. Then I can't connect to the server any longer. Does this mean that I have to shut EAC protection off on the server and restart each time I want to connect with your editor locally enabled (and do the changes I want)? Or is there a way to install your DLL locally and still use anticheat?

[QUOTE=SadPuppy;437516]Installed it now, but have to start the game without anticheat to get it to start. Then I can't connect to the server any longer. Does this mean that I have to shut EAC protection off on the server and restart each time I want to connect with your editor locally enabled (and do the changes I want)? Or is there a way to install your DLL locally and still use anticheat?[/QUOTE] No, the editor modifies the DLL so it will fail the EAC check. Only XML mods can be run through EAC.

I'm getting the UMA errors like SadPuppy did above. I copied the Assembly-CSharp Dedicated.dll from the [COLOR="#FF8C00"]download[/COLOR], pasted it into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed, and then removed "(space)Dedicated" from the file name. I then ran SDTDEditor.EXE, completed the settings form, ran the update, and then used the [COLOR="#FF8C00"]newly updated[/COLOR] Assembly-CSharp Dedicated.dll. Everything works as it should now. It's probably been asked a million times, but searching 180 pages for the answer is a nightmare... If I put this on my rented dedi, will my users have to install anything to their clients?

[QUOTE=schwanz9000;438412]I'm getting the UMA errors like SadPuppy did above. I copied the Assembly-CSharp Dedicated.dll from the [COLOR="#FF8C00"]download[/COLOR], pasted it into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed, and then removed "(space)Dedicated" from the file name. I then ran SDTDEditor.EXE, completed the settings form, ran the update, and then used the [COLOR="#FF8C00"]newly updated[/COLOR] Assembly-CSharp Dedicated.dll. Everything works as it should now. It's probably been asked a million times, but searching 180 pages for the answer is a nightmare... If I put this on my rented dedi, will my users have to install anything to their clients?[/QUOTE] That's very strange because the download link and the update link the editor uses are the same so you should be downloading the same file. I'll check that out. Yeah the search functionality for the forums leaves a lot to be desired. No, your users won't need to download anything but if they install my DLL then it will filter out some of the bbb commands in the chat window. They can still run the bbb commands though if they're set up to be able to.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;438451]Yeah the search functionality for the forums leaves a lot to be desired. No, your users won't need to download anything but if they install my DLL then it will filter out some of the bbb commands in the chat window. They can still run the bbb commands though if they're set up to be able to.[/QUOTE] Maybe a note in the OP for others to see would help? Even using a Google search [URL="https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hals%20prefab%20editor%20client%20files%20site%3A7daystodie.com"]like this[/URL] is a pain. I've got a few dll mods myself, but I've never messed with the Assembly-CSharp before and didn't know if the client had to have the same as the dedi since it is a core part of the game. Good to know! Thanks for answering!

I was trying to use fill area in game but I miscalculated the area it would fill...hrmm...so I made a mess. I decided to use the Reset Chunk option in the World Editor and work from there. To my surprise it left faint grid lines along the grid lines (permanently?) viewable in the in-game map. See the pictures below. What are those? Can I get rid of them? Also, is it possible to use Fill Area with a block that has space in the name (like Desert Ground)? I tried all I could think of. In game pic: [url]http://imgur.com/RMnVY0S[/url] World Editor: [url]http://imgur.com/rWuDW2c[/url]

[QUOTE=schwanz9000;438455]Maybe a note in the OP for others to see would help? Even using a Google search [URL="https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hals%20prefab%20editor%20client%20files%20site%3A7daystodie.com"]like this[/URL] is a pain. I've got a few dll mods myself, but I've never messed with the Assembly-CSharp before and didn't know if the client had to have the same as the dedi since it is a core part of the game. Good to know! Thanks for answering![/QUOTE] Some DLL mods will require both server and client to be updated but the editor doesn't. You get access to the bbb commands without the client being modded but there's extra functionality (like filtering, the selection boxes and teleporting people) that only become available if the client is modded too. [QUOTE=SadPuppy;438535]I was trying to use fill area in game but I miscalculated the area it would fill...hrmm...so I made a mess. I decided to use the Reset Chunk option in the World Editor and work from there. To my surprise it left faint grid lines along the grid lines (permanently?) viewable in the in-game map. See the pictures below. What are those? Can I get rid of them? Also, is it possible to use Fill Area with a block that has space in the name (like Desert Ground)? I tried all I could think of. In game pic: [url]http://imgur.com/RMnVY0S[/url] World Editor: [url]http://imgur.com/rWuDW2c[/url][/QUOTE] I could never find a way to remove those lines. There's no physical difference in the chunk once it's reset to the original so looks like a bug in the map image generator. The game hasn't been designed to allow resetting of chunks so it's probably never come up as an issue before. You're the second person to ask about it in a couple of days though so when I update the code next I'll have a poke around and see if I can spot what's causing it. For blocks with spaces in the name use the block name from the XML rather than the localisation name. Or try the ID, I can't remember if I put ID as an option.

Archived