Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

Random Damage Hal, Just got into using your tool. Very nice. I was just wondering if you considered adding a random damage option that would update all blocks with a random damage value. I have been working on a little tower which i would like to appear weathered. So rather than select every block and then grab a damage value it would be nice to have this done auto-magically :). I assume this would have to be block specific (as the maximum damage varies per block type). But anything like this would be useful. Thanks, JG

[QUOTE=dwarvenlord1;412862]ah so, it was indeed the dll! I thought that it got overwritten already, but evidently the game was running and locked it or some such. That did indeed fix it, thank you![/QUOTE] Yep, I've done that like, a thousand times... and if you decide to do it to a dedicated server, it's a different DLL that gets renamed to that dll and THEN overwritten on the dedi.

Not having a lot of luck with the prefab insert function of the world editor, is it just me? I don't see the prefab that I'm inserting. I'm not talking about the chunk reload, I'm talking about the red/blue box. I also don't have any luck with the chunk reset feature. Just me?

[QUOTE=Guppycur;414081]Not having a lot of luck with the prefab insert function of the world editor, is it just me? I don't see the prefab that I'm inserting. I'm not talking about the chunk reload, I'm talking about the red/blue box. I also don't have any luck with the chunk reset feature. Just me?[/QUOTE] Hi Guppy, try checking the box on the left about getting unloaded chunks. That should start the full command process queue, it might be stuck in there

Cool, will do... Weird the prefab came in at some point, floating of course, couldn't reset the chunk, exited and entered the game a few times, said screw it and built some poles to support the prefab. :). Yeh, I'll look into the checkbox.

Update Time! Added: 14.3 support Updated: World viewer chunk generator pause button. It will now always load chunks that have been created by the game but ticking the box will start creating new, uncreated chunks to reveal more of the map

[QUOTE=HAL9000;415496]Update Time! Added: 14.3 support Updated: World viewer chunk generator pause button. It will now always load chunks that have been created by the game but ticking the box will start creating new, uncreated chunks to reveal more of the map[/QUOTE] ...you can't win. 14.4 homie. :)

Update Time! Added: 14.4 support Added: Settings checkbox to choose if when loading a prefab you stay at layer 0 or jump to the top of the terrain. Default is to jump. [QUOTE=Guppycur;415880]...you can't win. 14.4 homie. :)[/QUOTE] The fight continues....

[QUOTE=Guppycur;416125]I always feel like a retard for asking these types of questions, but did you remember to update the dedi dll? I get a version mismatch when using it.[/QUOTE] It's entirely possible. The file looks right but I've just uploaded another version to be sure. Try a manual update and see if that helps

[QUOTE=Guppycur;417243]@Hal: Still not seeing the red/blue boxes in game when placing objects via the world editor, got checkboxes checked, too. It works, it's just hard to use w/o the visual cue.[/QUOTE] Hi Guppy, just tried it on mine and it's loading in the boxes. Are you on SP or dedi? [attachment=644:name]

[QUOTE=Guppycur;417378]Dedi, and wtf just happened to the forum colors? Random css?[/QUOTE] Hmm sounds like something is going on in the dedi build, I will pay a bit more attention to it in the next patch. I think MM said they had another build brewing so shouldn't be long before another update.

Archived