Maping

Doomgaurd

I always thought the map was like an object attached to your'e belt ,because if your'e playing multiplayer and someone dies you can just pick up his map and see were he has been for instance if you have an enemies and you know they have a base, killing one of them and taking his map could lead to their base or it just places where you have never been it would make things allot easier and funner

Pretty decent idea, it would force players to be more careful while venturing into the unknown, but i think it might add too much difficulty for new players because they have small stashes and having to start over every time someone kills you and finds your base would be frustrating. Maybe just keep their base unmarked on the map?

Very great thread with a lot of excellent ideas! [QUOTE=Doomgaurd;144063]I always thought the map was like an object attached to your'e belt ,because if your'e playing multiplayer and someone dies you can just pick up his map and see were he has been [/QUOTE] First of all, this is a very good idea and I hope that implementing the map as object which is dropped on death is something we'll get in a future release. It would bring much to the game, especially to PvP servers. [QUOTE=CongoBongo;144079]especially if when you take his map... does his fog of war return? >:)[/QUOTE] It would only make sense that as soon as you drop your map fog of war returns. But fog of war would disappear again as soon as you collect your map from your dead body. "Delete all" on death would give players that want a more difficult experience the abillity to get their map deleted permanently as soon as they die. [QUOTE=u2020bullet;144098]Maybe just keep their base unmarked on the map?[/QUOTE] Since getting waypoints and bed locations from other players as soon as picking up their map would probably be very frustrating and unnecessary difficult for new players and pretty imbalanced in pvp it's not a very good idea. As you I think just removing fog of war in the areas scouted by the one that drew the map is a great idea. [QUOTE=Mike06;144301]I would rather see compass as droppable item.[/QUOTE] Also this. I really hoped that the compass would be a craftable/lootable item with an easy recipe. Improving the UI via items is a brilliant idea and I hope stuff like that will get implemented at some point. They could even bring back the minimap when a player builds a quite high tech radar system. This would also again increase difficulty of "delete all" on death what would make at least some people happy.

Archived