Texture packs/in game items

Payya

Seriously, who would NOT buy the crap out of that? You could do theme packs - pool side party! Lawn chairs, beach balls, towels strewn onto the ground. Better housing upgrades with more couch set options, wallpaper packs, floor tiles, etc. There are many many games who's main (or only!) means of revenue come from visual/virtual upgrades. Think League of legends custom skins, The Sims upgrades, etc. Seriously, make this so you can shut up and take my money.

Who said making the game free to play? I'm talking paid DLC content in addition to the purchase price. SWTOR and Sims both have the initial purchase price and content you buy/download. If you don't want fuzzy bear items to throw on your bed, doilies to put on tables, open book items to put on the couch - don't buy them, they'd be for flavor only.

SWTOR is P2W, F2P and subscription based, so that game could fit any argument you choose to make. The Sims content packs are just there to milk EA's customers of their money, along with every other content pack/DLC out there. I'm a firm believer in if you buy a game, you get the game. You don't get 75% of the game, but then have to buy the rest separately. The exception to this rule are expansion packs. Actual, proper expansions though, not a couple of missions and some fluff, but a real extension onto the main storyline with the ability to further advance your character. Here's an idea for you Payya. Instead of suggesting that TFP do the DLC thing to try to get more money out of it's fan base (especially when the game itself isn't even finished), why not visit the modding section of the forums, and find out how to make these things for yourself? You get your fluff, TFP get more mods for their game, and no-one has to spend money.

Here's an idea for you, bort, how about you run along and play your sub 20-dollar games and leave the "fluff" to those of us that can afford it. I'm a firm believer that it is in the best interest to support a dev team monetarily. This is not a 60 dollar game with an option for expansion packs or deluxe editions. I'm also not talking game-breaking DLC, so I promise that you would not feel as if you've only received "75% of the game". You will not feel left out. I have a full time job, a boyfriend (who plays this game with me), and children, so I do not have the time nor the desire (or skill!) to create these things but I would definitely buy them and there are many others that would too.

Really - people are now even asking to be ripped off themselves? No wonder that many companies dont give a crap about consumers anymore. How could anyone even seriously use sims as an example. Its probqably the most awful money-grabb i have seen in a while - not to mention the company that won "worst company" award multiple times ... Plz just go leave and play some of those moneygrabbing games on mobile-devices if you are so eager to throw your money out of the window. I heard candy-crush and dungeon-keeper mobile are great for that. Other people also have jobs - having a job doesnt mean that one suddenly starts to throw money out of the window ... Not to mention that exactly what you suggest killed modding - there could be unlimited free objects etc. in sims from modders if it werent for the money-grab mechanics. What do you think would be the consequence of your i dea - it s obvious - modding would have to go - since ppl wouldt pay for such stuff if they could get better stuff from modders for free. Sorry for beeing so agressive but from my point of view the gaming industry has been going downhill and anti-consumer for years - and people like you even try to encourage them?!

How about you take your negativity and shove it somewhere else, and go play candy crush yourself? I hear they're free, you won't be ripped off from them. But it sounds like you'd know better than I would. I see you stuck yourself to "Sims" and not LoL or SWTOR, you should try those games, they're really fun and they have options for non-gamebreaking, paid content. I see that you have 155 posts in just a few months and read over a few of them, seems like you are a negative person in general. It's people like you, not like me, that are a problem with the gaming industry. Get over yourself.

Anyway I don't intend to respond any more to this post. You don't like the idea - fine, you think I should go back to where ever I came from, that's fine too, I just hope that the devs continue to update and upgrade this game and I'm pretty sure they won't do it for free. Let the hate flow freely, I feed on your tears. Have a great day all :)

Im sure modders will be adding tons of stuff for this game when its further in development. And for free... More stuff is always awesome. Though I do see the point that some people seem to be missing here... Payya was kind of trying to give tfp more money for this game.. I commend this actually. Its a great game, support it any way you can. As far as the dev team adding this stuff themselves, I think that would pull away from more important content expansion. I would wait until the game is further development when mods wont have to be constantly reworked with the game, and find you a good/reliable modder and ask them to build the stuff you want. If you want to donate a bit of money to them for their time, they may not say no, and you can get what you want. If you want to support the actual game makers, perhaps find their official contacts and see if you could provide a little extra funding, but dont ask for new items, I dont see that working. :) I think everyone should support this game, in any way they think they could. Many many many ways to do this.

Archived