Navezgane or RWG for A17?!

Ttocs

So I was thinking which I will go for when the big A one seven finally comes down.

Nave got kinda stale for me and the cities compared to the ones you get in rwg well, just dont compare.

Buuut I read someone along the lines that Nave is getting a sizeable boost in size. Now if a lot of optimisation has been done for a17 I reckon that this may change in regards to size and there could be a grand ol city coming along with other cool POIs for nave (even with the smaller map, stuff in nave always seemed better moulded into the map than rwg)

Any chance we could get more info on nave size? A screenie of the map would be lush. Its a biggie for me since i go for such long games I dont want to make the wrong move D= ( though i understand if you dont want to post it as its kinda a spoiler for some)

What will everyone else be doing? This kinda topic post i know has been done alot and i joined sides with the people who like the world to be completely different and surprising all the time (even this goes slightly stale in the rwg because after you realise its just big city after big city with scrambled POI inside, bar the odd single house, camp or cave.) I remember finding the mine in nave on 16.4 and was loving exploring the place, it felt so fresh and came as a surprise, same for the ruins at bottom of the canyon etc. but after going through all POI its same ol nave.

Meh im so undecided, help me xD

So I was thinking which I will go for when the big A one seven finally comes down.

Nave got kinda stale for me and the cities compared to the ones you get in rwg well, just dont compare.

Buuut I read someone along the lines that Nave is getting a sizeable boost in size. Now if a lot of optimisation has been done for a17 I reckon that this may change in regards to size and there could be a grand ol city coming along with other cool POIs for nave (even with the smaller map, stuff in nave always seemed better moulded into the map than rwg)

Any chance we could get more info on nave size? A screenie of the map would be lush. Its a biggie for me since i go for such long games I dont want to make the wrong move D= ( though i understand if you dont want to post it as its kinda a spoiler for some)

What will everyone else be doing? This kinda topic post i know has been done alot and i joined sides with the people who like the world to be completely different and surprising all the time (even this goes slightly stale in the rwg because after you realise its just big city after big city with scrambled POI inside, bar the odd single house, camp or cave.) I remember finding the mine in nave on 16.4 and was loving exploring the place, it felt so fresh and came as a surprise, same for the ruins at bottom of the canyon etc. but after going through all POI its same ol nave.

Meh im so undecided, help me xD

I think it was quite the opposite, the size of Navezgane will be probably smaller than before, but maybe it's not the final size, maybe they will make it bigger sometime later. Navezgane however was changed a lot and also texture redesign should make it feel fresh again.

I always preferred to start testing new Alpha in Navezgane for two reasons:

1) Loading time. It was always faster to load into the game for the first time, because randomly generated world must be generated first and my PC isn't exactly one of the most powerful PCs, I do have a new PC which is much faster than this old potato, but it's currently broken so there's a chance that I won't be able to enjoy Alpha 17 on it any time soon.

2) Navezgane was always easier for me to start with when I learned my way around it and found my favorite places to start my base at. Of course you can jump right into the randomly generated world, but for me it was always easier to figure new stuff out in Navezgane first. Knowing where to find what helps a lot, so that you can just focus on new features / game mechanics and other things that are new and you want to learn, and of course then I always try randomly generated worlds and experiment with the stuff I already learned in Navezgane.

Oh and also this time there should be some new quests. Not sure if they are fully compatible with randomly generated worlds, but they definitely should be already in Navezgane, so I will definitely visit Navezgane first.

Assuming we will get our hands on it in this century. :indecisiveness:

Guess I'm the opposite. I will wait at least A17...... whatever it ends up being before going to navezgane. That way they finish and got anything extra updated into it. So I will most likely start with RWG first that way navezgane stays fresh for me. I actually might wait till A18 before navezgane maybe haven't completely decided yet.

I think it was quite the opposite, the size of Navezgane will be probably smaller than before, but maybe it's not the final size, maybe they will make it bigger sometime later. Navezgane however was changed a lot and also texture redesign should make it feel fresh again.

:

Woot! Smaller?! I swear somewhere along the grapevine someone said it would be larger and alot more added. Could be wrong it was a while back.

- didnt think about the quests! That kinda sways it for me if they are not going to be in RWG but not had any info here or ive missed it since I dont check too often.

- I mostly play SP anyway but even then as you say it becomes same ol same ol once you tried out and explored the new stuff. If only RWG could be not only the random cities that it is now which i love but also other random POIs in between them bar just the caves + camps. Like the canyon ruins, abandoned mine, testing facility but perhaps on a more grande stand alone scale.

Gyro seems abit of a waste to nave unless its expanded. Bah now im undecided again. Will the quests be in RWG? Infact will all new features be accessible in rwg from the get go?

Im in the same camp as:

crazywildfire & SylenThunder.

I haven't really played Nav for any length of time in A16.4 since I wanted to forget where everything is at and want it to be as close to a fresh new experience as it can be.

I probably won't even think of playing it till A17 goes stable or A18.

Nav only has a finite amount of times it can be played before I'll start to lose interest in it, so rwg will be my main stay for awhile.

I think it was quite the opposite, the size of Navezgane will be probably smaller than before...

Woot! Smaller?! I swear somewhere along the grapevine someone said it would be larger and alot more added.

Navezgane will be bigger, and it's where I will be playing first.

THAT is a matter for exploration and discovery. I’ll say nothing else other than “the Navezgane map increased in size.”

The rest is for you to learn by playing.

Until the full story is implemented into Navezgane, I really only use it for QA testing. For actual gameplay it's only currently valid as a single-player map IMHO, and even then it gets boring fast.

Guess I'm the opposite. I will wait at least A17...... whatever it ends up being before going to navezgane. That way they finish and got anything extra updated into it. So I will most likely start with RWG first that way navezgane stays fresh for me. I actually might wait till A18 before navezgane maybe haven't completely decided yet.

I`m also going to wait for a while. Anyway, I`m interested in the game, so this is only a question of time.

Until the full story is implemented into Navezgane, I really only use it for QA testing. For actual gameplay it's only currently valid as a single-player map IMHO, and even then it gets boring fast.

If Navezgane gets boring fast, then randomly generated worlds will get boring fairly quick too once you explore it a little bit to find a big city, then you're practically set up to start your real game, but then you realize it's all the same except Navezgane is at least built manually to actually make sense for the players.

If Navezgane gets boring fast, then randomly generated worlds will get boring fairly quick too once you explore it a little bit to find a big city, then you're practically set up to start your real game, but then you realize it's all the same except Navezgane is at least built manually to actually make sense for the players.

have to disagree.

I have played navazgane ONCE. Back in A8 (and watched 1-2 letsplays) and I know that map pretty much completly.

Every time I spawn in a random world, its like that first time on Navazgane.

No orientation, no knowledge, no base, no plan. Everything just evolves as you go around.

I sometimes play random gens for 20 hours until I have mapped the most important things (water, trader, towns, ressources)

While in navazgane, I only need about 10 minutes, until I know where I am (roughly) and know a place where I can stay and loot.

have to disagree.

I have played navazgane ONCE. Back in A8 (and watched 1-2 letsplays) and I know that map pretty much completly.

Every time I spawn in a random world, its like that first time on Navazgane.

No orientation, no knowledge, no base, no plan. Everything just evolves as you go around.

I sometimes play random gens for 20 hours until I have mapped the most important things (water, trader, towns, ressources)

While in navazgane, I only need about 10 minutes, until I know where I am (roughly) and know a place where I can stay and loot.

You say you played Navezgane once back in Alpha 8. Do you realize it was changed drastically several times since then? The map got considerably bigger, new biomes, whole new areas with brand new POIs were added for exploration? There are also some unique areas you won't find in any randomly generated world, heck even Alpha 17 is another big change for Navezgane.

I've played the Navesgane map a few times, but I prefer random gen because of the unknowns. For any new players to the game, Navesgane is a good choice.

I will play random for the first few games, then I "might" play Navesgane to try out Dungeon POIs I couldn't find in random.

Going to try Navezgane first, since I know where some of the good things WERE.

Good way to check out what has changed before going back to RWG.

I've never explored the entire map (any map really).

Of course, it will be interesting to see how some of the seeds from A16 turn out in A17.

Yeah, new randomly generated worlds in Alpha 17 should have some design improvements over the Alpha 16, so they are definitely something to look forward to, but I will still try Navezgane first. It's the fastest way to jump right into the new stuff.

You say you played Navezgane once back in Alpha 8. Do you realize it was changed drastically several times since then? The map got considerably bigger, new biomes, whole new areas with brand new POIs were added for exploration? There are also some unique areas you won't find in any randomly generated world, heck even Alpha 17 is another big change for Navezgane.

True, but it is still Navezgane. Some big changes are coming for it in A17 but looks as if for the most part is still the same kind of layout as where the towns and such are. I played it a few times on PC and a few times on console even with the changes being made it will still seem to familiar. I say have at it if that is what you like and want no judgement. For me after this update how much more will actually change? This update will still not have a lot of things in it so I prefer to jump head first in RWG not knowing anything about the seed at all especially with the new changes to test things out and save Navezgane for when more stuff is added to get a first good look at it and not be like oh yeah I know where this is..... if that makes sense.

Trying out all the new things on a map where you know where the towns are, farms, bookstores etc, makes a kind of sense (for me at least)

Get stuff for weapons, mods, foods, meds, books(?) etc.

Mind you, I have a few seeds that I know where to get that already, but who knows with the RWG will do in 17.

So, going to go with Navezgane, and treat it as a tutorial/training session.

Some want to just find things randomly, that's fine.

There is no wrong answer for this. :)

Archived