I need help with modding!!

FuryMarine360

Hey guys, i have been playing this game for over 3 years and i want to mod. ive been looking at some tuts to try and improving my modding capabilities.

Can anybody help me pls?

You might want to be a bit more specific and state what you want to accomplish? or an area you want to tackle first?

Also probably add in where you think your capabilities are at?

Might also want to say what OS you are using? Linux/Win/Mac since different OS's will also dictate certain things that need to be adjusted for.

Modding in general covers a wide range of areas and many different levels of a persons capabilities.

It might give those willing to help you along a better idea of where to start from.

*Not saying I'll personally be able to help you at any point, just giving you a nudge that you probably need to expand and explain what you want a bit more*

You might want to be a bit more specific and state what you want to accomplish? or an area you want to tackle first?

Also probably add in where you think your capabilities are at?

Might also want to say what OS you are using? Linux/Win/Mac since different OS's will also dictate certain things that need to be adjusted for.

Modding in general covers a wide range of areas and many different levels of a persons capabilities.

It might give those willing to help you along a better idea of where to start from.

*Not saying I'll personally be able to help you at any point, just giving you a nudge that you probably need to expand and explain what you want a bit more*

Well basically im stuck on porting a homemade block into the game. Like everything is fine in the SDX parting, then when i load the game, my block isnt showing up in creative

Well basically im stuck on porting a homemade block into the game. Like everything is fine in the SDX parting, then when i load the game, my block isnt showing up in creative

Post what you have and I would be surprised if someone wont come along and point you in the right direction at some point.

Post what you have and I would be surprised if someone wont come along and point you in the right direction at some point.

okay, thisi s what ive put:

Config:

<configs>

<!-- This tells SDX to add to the blocks.xml -->

<config name="blocks">

<!-- This tells SDX to add the following block to the bottom of the block list -->

<append xpath="/blocks">

<block id="2042" name="cubesample">

<property name="Material" value="Mconcrete" />

<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity" />

<property name="Model" value="#cube?cubePrefab" />

<property name="CustomIcon" value="ui_game_symbol_cubesample" />

<!-- ony needed if you want to enable picking up the block -->

<property name="CanPickup" value="true" />

<!-- used to fine tune block position in game if needed -->

<property name="ModelOffset" value="0,0,0" />

<!-- only needed only if the block's dimensions exceeds 1Mx1Mx1M -->

<property name="MultiBlockDim" value="1,1,1" />

<property name="Collide" value="movement,melee,bullet,arrow,rocket" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="cubesample" />

<drop event="Destroy" count="0" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="rockSmall" count="1" prob="1" />

<drop event="Fall" name="rockSmall" count="0" prob="1" stick_chance="1" />

<drop event="Fall" name="rockSmall" count="1" prob=".75" stick_chance="1" />

</block>

</append>

</config>

<!-- Adding a new recipe for the mod -->

<config name="recipes">

<append xpath="/recipes" >

<recipe name="cubesample" count="1" craft_area="forge" material_based="true">

<ingredient name="unit_stone" count="10" />

<ingredient name="unit_clay" count="60" />

</recipe>

</append>

</config>

</configs>

mod:

<mod>

<info>

<!-- Information about the Mod, the author and version information -->

<!-- These are displayed in the SDX Launcher -->

<author>FuryMarine360</author>

<name>CubeSample</name>

<description>CubeSample SDX Mod</description>

<mod_version>1.0</mod_version>

<game_version>16.4</game_version>

<launcher_version>0.7.1</launcher_version>

</info>

<!-- This references any config files that SDX needs to merge into your files -->

<config_mods>

<import file="Config\cubesample.xml" />

</config_mods>

</mod>

the Rescource folder is fine, same as the icon folder

Have you confirmed that your new block is in the Data/Config/blocks.xml of the game build? Can you post a link to your game log, under 7DaysToDie_Data/?

yes, i have done that aswell. i used the mods xml to move my stuff into the block file

- - - Updated - - -

Did sdx do the number assignment or did you do it manually?

i did it by the "build" button, where it builds it for you and it puts it into the game

Would need to see your logfile, but in 90+ percent of the time, its a typo, where the name of the parent object in unity or the unity bundle name do not match exactly the capitalization and spelling of the names used in the xml.

Would need to see your logfile, but in 90+ percent of the time, its a typo, where the name of the parent object in unity or the unity bundle name do not match exactly the capitalization and spelling of the names used in the xml.

it all matches up tho, i used the cube sample as a representation and copied from that

Hi,

what Spectral Force meant, is that SDX can either take the id you provide when adding it in the item.xml, or if you don't provide an id, it will automatically assign one. This is recommended to make sure you are not clashing with an item that has the same id.

Just change this in cubesample.xml:

to:

<block id="" name="cubesample">

- Make sure you use the latest SDX Launcher version 0.72 or 0.72c for deploying the mod.

- Make sure the name of the .unity 3D file and Unity prefab name exactly match what you put in the xml. Uppercases matter.

- If you add new .unity3d files in your SDX mod, you usually need to refresh the SDX Launcher for the new ressource to be taken in account. Otherwise it doesn't see it.

-Are you able to deploy other SDX mods properly?

- Are you getting any errors somewhere in the console or in your C:\SDXModding\Game\Working\7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt file?

When there is an error while the game reads the items.xml file, all other items that have not been read yet, will not be read at all, so you then have many missing items in the game.

Hi,

what Spectral Force meant, is that SDX can either take the id you provide when adding it in the item.xml, or if you don't provide an id, it will automatically assign one. This is recommended to make sure you are not clashing with an item that has the same id.

Just change this in cubesample.xml:

to:

<block id="" name="cubesample">

- Make sure you use the latest SDX Launcher version 0.72 or 0.72c for deploying the mod.

- Make sure the name of the .unity 3D file and Unity prefab name exactly match what you put in the xml. Uppercases matter.

- If you add new .unity3d files in your SDX mod, you usually need to refresh the SDX Launcher for the new ressource to be taken in account. Otherwise it doesn't see it.

-Are you able to deploy other SDX mods properly?

- Are you getting any errors somewhere in the console or in your C:\SDXModding\Game\Working\7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt file?

When there is an error while the game reads the items.xml file, all other items that have not been read yet, will not be read at all, so you then have many missing items in the game.

ngl, im new to this, i only started about 3/4 days ago. I get what you mean now!! :)

ngl, im new to this, i only started about 3/4 days ago. I get what you mean now!! :)

this is everything that ive done so far

config:

<configs>

<!-- This tells SDX to add to the blocks.xml -->

<config name="blocks">

<!-- This tells SDX to add the following block to the bottom of the block list -->

<append xpath="/blocks">

<block id="" name="alientest">

<property name="Material" value="Mconcrete" />

<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity" />

<property name="Model" value="#Alien?alientest" />

<property name="CustomIcon" value="ui_game_symbol_Alien" />

<!-- ony needed if you want to enable picking up the block -->

<property name="CanPickup" value="true" />

<!-- used to fine tune block position in game if needed -->

<property name="ModelOffset" value="0,0,0" />

<!-- only needed only if the block's dimensions exceeds 1Mx1Mx1M -->

<property name="MultiBlockDim" value="1,1,1" />

<property name="Collide" value="movement,melee,bullet,arrow,rocket" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="test1" />

<drop event="Destroy" count="0" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="rockSmall" count="1" prob="1" />

<drop event="Fall" name="rockSmall" count="0" prob="1" stick_chance="1" />

<drop event="Fall" name="rockSmall" count="1" prob=".75" stick_chance="1" />

</block>

</append>

</config>

<!-- Adding a new recipe for the mod -->

<config name="recipes">

<append xpath="/recipes" >

<recipe name="alientest" count="1" craft_area="forge" material_based="true">

<ingredient name="unit_stone" count="10" />

<ingredient name="unit_clay" count="60" />

</recipe>

</append>

</config>

</configs>

icons:

ui_game_symbol_Alien

resource:

alien.unity3d

mod:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<mod>

-<info>

<!-- Information about the Mod, the author and version information -->

<!-- These are displayed in the SDX Launcher -->

<author>FuryMarine360</author>

<name>AlienSample</name>

<description>Sample Alien Block SDX Mod</description>

<mod_version>1.0</mod_version>

<game_version>16.4</game_version>

<launcher_version>0.0.0</launcher_version>

</info>

<!-- This references any config files that SDX needs to merge into your files -->

-<config_mods>

<import file="Config\alientest.xml"/>

</config_mods>

</mod>

Thank you. It's another block causing the issue

2018-10-09T15:30:31 14.708 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Model '#Alien?alientest' not found on block with id 17)
2018-10-09T15:30:31 14.709 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!
2018-10-09T15:30:31 14.710 ERR   at BlockShapeModelEntity.Init (.Block _block) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile, Boolean _fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

The second link you sent is truncated. It's not a full log, but you have Easy Anti-Chear enabled in it. That won't work for SDX mods.

Archived