When did you start playing?

Cazmyr

A13. Hub cities! I miss that more than anything else, that hub city was wonderful. Deadly at times, but serious fun. Barfing zombies. Huge hornets. You leveled up your crafting skills by ... are you ready? ... crafting. Want a better club? Go craft a dozen of them, and since you supposedly learn as you go, each club is a bit better.

A13 had a lot going for it, TFP could have just fixed the bugs and called it done for all I care.

A14 had seriously broken graphics, A15 was a nice bug-fix release. A16 didn't really have anything in it that pushed my buttons.

I am actually playing through A13 right now, reliving the hub cities and other fun things.

I had to check my profile and I joined these forums in August 2014. So, just over 4 years ago. I probably started playing a month or so before that. As of today I have 993 hours logged on Steam. I have had some significant breaks from the game. I didn't play much of alphas 14 and 15, not for any reason. Just playing other games but really enjoyed spending a couple of hundred hours on 16 recently and looking forward to 17. Looks like we are in for a complete overhaul. £20 very well spent.

1st purchase - Jan 2015

2nd purchase - Mar 2015 so friend could play

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th right after so my 3 kids and wife could play

And I have outlasted all of them, still play on a daily/weekly basis, at 4,999 hours right now.

I could live with going to Alpha 50, love that there are always changes on the horizon that somehow still sucks me in and I can't stop playing.

Thanks TFP for the work you have done and hoping that you will continue for a long time!

August 2017, 860 hrs played with a break during summer '18.

Not interested in any other game since I purchased this pearl. TFP activate all the right triggers for me.

What I love especially are the many options to tune difficulty. I was never really good with shooting stuff, now I am old. Also, I am a fan of George Romero, I like Walkers. 7D2D gives me a kinda relaxed gameplay with the occasional spike on Bloodmoon and when Screamers rise. Perfect for me.

22nd June 2014

Alpha 8.6

2,502 hours so far (currently playing Alpha 13 :D despite originally wanting to stop until release....)

Edit: seems A13 is pretty popular!

My actual favourites were A8, A9 and A11.0

What were those earlier Alpha's like? A13 is by far my favorite, and while a bit rough around the edges it seems to be fairly well balanced. I noticed for the first time last night that one of the big zombies will actually lunge at you to hit you, something that was removed in later versions, sadly. I'm not sure why I never noticed that before, it's awesome. Hub cities, decent RWG other than massive lakes and huge biomes.

A11

Many thing have improved dramatically since then but there are a few I miss:

1) Zombies pre-existing in the world when you spawn in. (I totally agree with making it possible to spawn without zombies, especially for new players, but starting games is so pedestrian and predictable now compared with those days.)

2) The old ambient sound tracks. Yes, they played too often. They were still awesome.

3) Zombies digging. So looking forward to this coming back.

4) Spider zombies as screamers. It used to be *terrifying* to see a spider z. That sound they make is viscerally frightening. Now, though, they're just... zombie cicadas. Loud, annoying, and mostly ignorable (once I take off my headphones) since it's so easy to protect against their climbing abilities.

Purchased: April 2nd, 2014.

Time Played According to Steam: 7,192 hours

Time Played without Steam: Many to count, but never kept track, sadly.

I've been around for many, many different variations of the game (Hey to the old vets still posting here!). From the block-style days, before the motorbike, before water slowing you down, before the electricity systems, when we had a mini-map, and even before random gen was a thing (that I despised in the beginning because I was modding Navazgane like a mad fool in Alpha 10) etc. etc.

I've hosted a server for years for friends as well so I spent a lot of time with .XML edits and seeing what server limitations the game has for my server clients.

I'm nowhere near active on the forums anymore as a contributor, but I lurk to see what is new from fellow players and to see game updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived