A16 - Custom Vehicles by Manux [SDX]

DUST2DEATH

Loaded question and i probably already know the answer, but is there a way to disable the xp gains from the loader? Without removing the xp from the actual block? Perhaps a way of not allowing xp to passthrough on the vehicle.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish all mods were SDX and public so we could mix any modlet like the vehicles with any other complete big mod.

Agree 100 percent there. I'll be making sure Ravenhearst is as accessible to everyone as possible so they CAN mix any single mod into it in 17. I'll probably also be releasing a lot of the models I have from RH as separate modlets as well, well some of them.

Loaded question and i probably already know the answer, but is there a way to disable the xp gains from the loader? Without removing the xp from the actual block? Perhaps a way of not allowing xp to passthrough on the vehicle.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree 100 percent there. I'll be making sure Ravenhearst is as accessible to everyone as possible so they CAN mix any single mod into it in 17. I'll probably also be releasing a lot of the models I have from RH as separate modlets as well, well some of them.

Sounds good!

Good point about the XP, I will add a new XML property for that... thanks for the suggestion!

It is really OP as it is right now, you level up so quick when driving The Beast.

All right, new version is now on github

Changes:

- Weapons now available for all vehicles.

- 2 new parts slots per vehicle (gun and explosive launcher), which can be customized with custom parts.

- IMPORTANT: If you don't use a Bigger backpack mod, I also did the changes for the regular UI to have 10 parts slots. But if you use one and it's not mine, you will have to add 2 more slots and make the tweaks in your windows.xml

- Camera features on all vehicles: 3rd person zoom and toggle to first person (Now uses the "Home" hotkey to avoid conflicts with regular debug menu F5.)

- New MiniBike-Plus vehicle: a minibike with all the features of other vehicles.

- New "is_built-in_storage" xml property for the vehicle storage section: set it to true to have built-in storage, no basket needed. (See Helicopter and Cicada Car for examples)

- New empty parts xml sections: for when your vehicle has less than 10 parts defined. (See Helicopter and Cicada Car for examples)

- Helicopter improvements and fixes

I added snapshots of what the new weapon parts slots look like for the RoadHog and the Helicopter in my github repo readme, in the Custom Vehicle Parts section.

So in the vehicles section do you replace the gun part slots with the empty slots if you don't want them? And if you give them all empty slots instead of weapons do you have to change the UI still to include those empty slots?

Good question. I think that if you don't add the 2 new slots in the UI, you don't need to add empty slots in the vehicle xml, you can just remove the weapon slots, but I'm not 100% sure.

I added the empty slots because the UI was doing weird stuff without them. If you opened the UI of a vehicle that had 10 slots, and then another that had 8, you would have the 2 last slots items show up in the vehicle that has only 8 defined.

Empty slots was my quick and dirty way to fix that, I couldn't easily fix it by hacking the code functions.

So the weapon slots can just be removed from the vehicle xml they don't need replaced?

The TFP code already adapts to the number of parts you have, so it should work yes. Small issues only happen when you have less parts slots defined than the number of slots you display in the UI, that's what empty slots are for.

Try it and let me know if you get any issues...

Just to keep you guys informed, I got delayed a bit on releasing the new Destroy/Harvest feature for all vehicles.

I should release it somewhere today/tomorrow if everything goes well. I am fixing some bugs, improving how it deals with blocks, entities and vehicle damage, and adding new xml properties for better controlling the system for each vehicle.

I also now disable the vehicle camera and weapon controls when opening the console or UI windows while driving the vehicle, so that you can control the UI without shooting ammo or moving the camera :wink:.

You need Tormented Emu's MiniBikeOpenUI mod to be able to open UI windows like the map, backpack or other character windows while driving.

In the vehicles xml when a vehicle uses the built-in storage function does storage not count toward a slot used? Like would you need to add an empty slot if storage uses the built-in storage?

Yes you need to add an empty slot because for this to work and not require a basket, you need to remove the slot_type xml property from the storage section, which has the effect or removing a part slot from the vehicle.

For example:

<property class="storage">
   <property name="class" value="Storage" />
   <property name="is_built-in_storage" value="true" />
   <property name="parent_part" value="chassis" />
</property>

Check the Cicada Car and Helicopter xmls for complete examples.

The storage still exists has a "hidden" part, like the horn, but it does no require a part item added in the UI to be functional.

About custom parts and additional slots, I'm actually thinking about adding 2 more slots for future add-ons.

One new add-on I'm thinking of as an optional part, is the tracking light I have on the Helicopter. Could be cool to have that on other vehicles.

New version submitted

On my github as usual.

This update is mainly about making the Destroy/Harvest feature available for all vehicles, but it also includes other little fixes and improvements:

Destroy/Harvest feature:

- now available for all vehicles

- Xml properties to control/disable Entities and Vehicle damage

- Xml properties to control/disable XP gain (Thanks to JaxTeller for that suggestion)

- Changed some of the DestroyBlocks/HarvestBlocks groups and groups names, to have something interesting for vehicles that are not The Beast.

- Hitting entities is now more interesting. No more instant kills and it hits body parts of the entity, and the speed at which you hit the entity matters. (You should NOT use Tormented Emu's MiniBikeImpact mod anymore when using the new version. It will still work if you do, but the results won't be the same, because two pieces of code will be managing entity damage, and my xml controls won't work as expected.)

Helicopter fixes and improvements:

- Does not get stuck anymore when hitting object colliders while flying

- Can now go in the water if you want

- Flies forward faster, based on the engine/rotor current speed

- Engine speed now stops incrementing when it reached its max, so it will be easier/faster, to slow it down when desired

- Won't go down anymore while flying forward

- Finer controls to be able to more easily reach a stable height and keep it.

UI:

- Weapons and camera controls are now disabled when opening the console or any other in-game UI. It won't show the crosshair anymore and controls won't fire weapons or zoom the camera while a UI is opened or the game is paused.

- To be able to open the map, the backpack or any other character UI while driving, add Tormented Emu's MiniBikeOpenUI mod to your SDX mods, it's really worth it!

Currently the RoadHog it the vehicle that does the most destruction after The Beast. It's way less stuff than the beast, but it does more than any other vehicle in the mod, because it has that spiked shield in front of the handlebar.

The main difference is tire and the new hardDebris group. hardDebris destroys/harvests: woodDebris, hubcapNoMine, emberPile, scrapMetalPile, cinderBlocks.

The Beast:

<property name="DestroyBlocks" value="grass,plant,cactus,shrubOrBush,tree,rock,bigBoulder,rareOres,tire,fenceOrDoor,buildings,softDebris,hardDebris,poleOrPillar,car,furniture,devices,curb,trap,terrain,lootCtn" />

RoadHog:

<property name="DestroyBlocks" value="grass,plant,cactus,shrubOrBush,tire,fenceOrDoor,softDebris,hardDebris,poleOrPillar" />

All other Vehicles:

<property name="DestroyBlocks" value="grass,plant,cactus,shrubOrBush,fenceOrDoor,softDebris,poleOrPillar" />

The Helicopter does no damage to blocks or entities. (except with weapons obviously)

Small Update: Vehicle Weapons Parts Meshes

I submitted a change that adds meshes for the weapons parts.

I lost a lot of time on just an aesthetic change, but I think it was worth it. It's nice to see when you have weapons on a vehicle, and to see bullets shoot from them.

NEW FANTASTIC VEHICLES UPDATE

- Custom storages per vehicle: You will need to re-assemble your vehicles to see those changes properly.

- Custom Icon per vehicle on the map and compass

- New buttons for the BackPack and the vehicle storages: Stash All, Take All, Drop All. (I might eventually do a separate modlet out of this one, so it can be used alone with any other SDX mod.)

- A couple more fixes on the Helicopter.

I also did a cleanup of all the loot containers deployed by my mods. And I made sure that all lootcontainer IDs are as high as possible to try to avoid conflicts with other mods.

I hope I didn't break too much, please report any new problems.

on my github as usual.

Great mod,keep up the good work man !!

I have a question: can the vehicles work with Starvation mod? I install starvation mod trough 7dtd launcher, install vehicles normally with sdx,pointing where is install path of starvation..eg. c:7dtd/starvation but ingame there is no vehicles...

Great mod,keep up the good work man !!

I have a question: can the vehicles work with Starvation mod? I install starvation mod trough 7dtd launcher, install vehicles normally with sdx,pointing where is install path of starvation..eg. c:7dtd/starvation but ingame there is no vehicles...

Glad you like the mod!

I wish we could build on top of big mods like Starvation. Starvation already modifies the Assembly of the game. Mortelentus would need to make a version of Starvation with the Vehicles, because we don't have access to his code. so we can't mix the C# code from both mods.

Or Mortelentus would need to make an SDX version of his mod, but I really doubt he would want to do that.

Archived