A16 - Custom Vehicles by Manux [SDX]

DUST2DEATH

I submitted the latest code on GitHub for the Helicopter.

Changes:

- New Helico Engine to control gas consumption.

- Accurate CrossHair for weapons

- Gun now kills (was not working properly before)

- F5 to toggle between 1st and 3rd person

- Zoom in-out with scrollwheel when in 3rd person

- Sounds now pause when game is paused.

- Changed the Music trigger to Backspace

- New Textures for the Helicopter, made by Mumpfy. Looks great!

I changed the Music hotkey because I now use TormentedEmu's MinibikeOpenUI mod, that supports "M" to open the map.

Download that mod to also be able to open any of the player's UI while on a vehicle.

IMPORTANT:

Before copying the updated mod to your sdx mods directory, make sure to delete the old version of the mod. Some files have disappeared, and some renamed. You could get errors or issues if you don't do that.

Amazing work so far can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Quick question cause I haven't checked the xml yet. Can you turn off the weapons on the helicopter via xml or are you stuck having them included? Oh also do the weapons require ammo or are they unlimited?

Hi stedman, good points!

The Helicopter is still experimental and under construction. The ammo is currently unlimited, it's one of my next tasks to make it require ammo items and consume it from your inventory each time you fire.

About not having weapons, I can add an XML option for that.

Since we are limited to a set number of vehicle parts, the weapons currently take the place of existing minibike parts. The gun is the front wheel, and the missiles are the basket. I could possibly make it so that if you don't add those 2 parts, you can't use the weapons, but still can use the helicopter....

New Update:

Custom Parts:

We can now make custom vehicle parts that work properly. Also works for chassis and engine. It prevents people from using generic minibike parts when you have exclusive custom parts for a vehicle.

All the custom parts of the vehicles present in the mod, now use this new system. Check the xmls for examples.

You can now also spawn vehicles and they will all have the right parts in them.

How it works:

- keep the regular slot names identical to the minibike (on vehicle parts and on part items)

- Use the a new xml property on a vehicle part and set it to the custom part item name.

Example for new Helicopter Missile Launcher that takes the place of the regular basket:

<property name="custom_slot_type" value="helicopterMissileLauncher" />

- Also add this new property to the part item. This will prevent using that part in regular vehicle slots.

<property name="IsVehicleCustomPart" value="true" />

New Helicopter features:

- Now consumes gas

- You now need ammo to fire the weapons. For now, you just need the ammo in your backpack.

- You also need an Helicopter Missile Launcher (replaces basket) to be able to shoot missiles, and and Helicopter Gun (replaces wheels), to shoot gun ammo. Those parts are optional.

- The storage is always present, no basket required.

- Helicopter sounds and music now stop when pausing the game in SP.

code is on github

Consumable ammo would be great.

Would it be possible to just include 2 extra non weapon parts for the helicopter? That way you could just point the xml to which ones you want at compile time.

I think the new features above answer what you wanted. ;)

New Update:

Custom Parts:

We can now make custom vehicle parts that work properly. Also works for chassis and engine. It prevents people from using generic minibike parts when you have exclusive custom parts for a vehicle.

All the custom parts of the vehicles present in the mod, now use this new system. Check the xmls for examples.

You can now also spawn vehicles and they will all have the right parts in them.

How it works:

- keep the regular slot names identical to the minibike (on vehicle parts and on part items)

- Use the a new xml property on a vehicle part and set it to the custom part item name.

Example for new Helicopter Missile Launcher that takes the place of the regular basket:

<property name="custom_slot_type" value="helicopterMissileLauncher" />

- Also add this new property to the part item. This will prevent using that part in regular vehicle slots.

<property name="IsVehicleCustomPart" value="true" />

New Helicopter features:

- Now consumes gas

- You now need ammo to fire the weapons. For now, you just need the ammo in your backpack.

- You also need an Helicopter Missile Launcher (replaces basket) to be able to shoot missiles, and and Helicopter Gun (replaces wheels), to shoot gun ammo. Those parts are optional.

- The storage is always present, no basket required.

- Helicopter sounds and music now stop when pausing the game in SP.

code is on github

An error occurred: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at EntityCustomHelicopter.PrintPlayerComps () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityCustomHelicopter.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityCustomHelicopter.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

NullReferenceException

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.AudioSource:set_volume (single)

at HelicopterController.set_EngineForce (Single value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at HelicopterController.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I want try to make transport for my mod,and have few questions:

1)Posible to install gun on car or bike? If it is posible, can i control it?

2)If i have car with inventory from begining (like PICK-UP), can i add more space by installing some extra storage space (like basket on top of car)?

3)What min/max size of vehicle (mb in cm,or block's). What happens if i load in game too large car?

An error occurred: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at EntityCustomHelicopter.PrintPlayerComps () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityCustomHelicopter.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityCustomHelicopter.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

NullReferenceException

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.AudioSource:set_volume (single)

at HelicopterController.set_EngineForce (Single value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at HelicopterController.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Hi huannan,

make sure to always delete the old mod files before updating it with the latest code.

Let me know if you still get errors after doing that...

Also make sure you read the installation section of the mods readme on github, and that you are using SDX Launcher 0.7.2 or 0.7.2c.

I want try to make transport for my mod,and have few questions:

1)Posible to install gun on car or bike? If it is posible, can i control it?

2)If i have car with inventory from begining (like PICK-UP), can i add more space by installing some extra storage space (like basket on top of car)?

3)What min/max size of vehicle (mb in cm,or block's). What happens if i load in game too large car?

Hi Okami,

1) Weapons are currently only available on the Helicopter, but it's one of my short term goals to bring that feature back to all vehicles.

2) Storage is currently the same on all vehicles. If you want more storage for all vehicles, you could use this other mod I have in my repo: It's basically stedman420's Simple UI 120 mod converted to an SDX mod.

I haven't yet investigated what would be required to have different storage per vehicle, but I think it could be a lot of work. And would require a different UI definition for each in windows.xml.

3) In my mod, there is big vehicles like The Beast, and small ones like the HellGoatBike. I'm not sure there is a limitation to the size of vehicles, but I haven't tried extremely small ones or extremely big ones yet.

The robust bike chassis doesn't seem to be spawning anything for me when placed.

That must be because of the new custom part system. I guess it used to spawn a HellGoat Bike, but the new system makes sure that only dedicated custom parts are compatible with each vehicle. So currently, only a HellGoat Bike chassis will spawn the HellGoat Bike. The Robust chassis as been relayed to just being a generic part you can derive from for other parts.

Is it possible for someone to Build these & upload them as a Built version that I can then mod into a game, Ive tried this myself & only get errors ?

Ryan made an xml Transportation mod that uses the vehicles: https://github.com/RyanJames1978/Wasteland-Transportation-Mod

It just came out and hasn't been tested for multi yet, but it should be simpler to install...

To be able to install the regular sdx mod yourself, make sure sure to read my install instructions on github and to do the SDX tutorials if you are not familiar with the sdx workflow...

Ryan made an xml Transportation mod that uses the vehicles: https://github.com/RyanJames1978/Wasteland-Transportation-Mod

It just came out and hasn't been tested for multi yet, but it should be simpler to install...

To be able to install the regular sdx mod yourself, make sure sure to read my install instruction son github and to do the SDX tutorials if you are not familiar with the sdx workflow...

Ummm I can use the Mod files as is by copying them over the top of my steam install but cant get them to load into the WOTW mod that im currently running, I get 2 error lines that I cant seem top get rid of... But thanks for pointing me to the install so I could atleast see them in action :) Great work from all involved

Ummm I can use the Mod files as is by copying them over the top of my steam install but cant get them to load into the WOTW mod that im currently running, I get 2 error lines that I cant seem top get rid of... But thanks for pointing me to the install so I could atleast see them in action :) Great work from all involved

WotW is already an SDX compiled mod.

You would need to have Dwallorde recompile with the vehicles included.

Archived