A16 - Custom Vehicles by Manux [SDX]

DUST2DEATH

TATATATATA TATATATATA TA TATATAAAAAAAA...

vehicles are awesome man, GREAT WORK !!

*personal opinion: is just a matter of the game implementation, like i would love to use the BEAST, but it will make you suffer, like eat tons and tons of gas, and goes slow... just to keep the game hard.

also if you ever want to i can give it a shot at the textures... some bullet holes here and there, a bit of rust, some spray tags.... just let me know. at your service. :02.47-tranquillity:

TATATATATA TATATATATA TA TATATAAAAAAAA...

vehicles are awesome man, GREAT WORK !!

*personal opinion: is just a matter of the game implementation, like i would love to use the BEAST, but it will make you suffer, like eat tons and tons of gas, and goes slow... just to keep the game hard.

also if you ever want to i can give it a shot at the textures... some bullet holes here and there, a bit of rust, some spray tags.... just let me know. at your service. :02.47-tranquillity:

That would be great, go ahead, unleash the beast. ;)

I wouldn't mind some help with the new helicopter too. It's awfully heavy and split in a million meshes, but when I tried to merge the meshes, the UVs got screwed up for some reason. I'm not really that savvy on the modeling and texturing side, I prefer using my time to code and to rig new systems. So I kept the super heavy model for now. It needs some love! ;)

About the Beast, you can fully control its 'OP'ness through XML properties:

How much gas it consumes, how fast it goes, what it can destroy, what it can harvest, etc...

And I can add support for new XML properties if needed, that's the easy part. ;)

Let me know if you want the original assets or the Unity scenes, I can package them for you.

I paid for the beast, but I really liked the asset and it is was not that expensive.

Oh my do I like this one! (Even though I only took in the roadhog for now... Is it here I should ask about the templates mentioned in the github page mentioned in the first post?

Am in the middle of developing my own mod, so I don't want to take in too many influences from other mods here... But the templates could help me to get in some new bikes and perhaps some cars - which I will add here too, once they're ready, if it'd be possible with my current skillset...

Greetings for a job well done nontheless!!!

Oh my do I like this one! (Even though I only took in the roadhog for now... Is it here I should ask about the templates mentioned in the github page mentioned in the first post?

Am in the middle of developing my own mod, so I don't want to take in too many influences from other mods here... But the templates could help me to get in some new bikes and perhaps some cars - which I will add here too, once they're ready, if it'd be possible with my current skillset...

Greetings for a job well done nontheless!!!

Thanks Hratalvi!

I made a template for the Custom Bikes (RoadHog) and the Custom Cars (CicadaCar). Link at the end of this post.

You should really start with a Bike, a Custom Car is more complicated on the rigging side.

From the code github repo, make sure to check all the properties that are set in the dust2DeathRoadHog.xml, for: roadHogChassis (chassis item spawning), roadhog entityclass, and roadHog vehicle. They are the key to make it all work.

For example, under the roadHog vehicle, the hierarchy/path of the handlebar_joint, and it's rotateMin and rotateMax bones, has been changed to make it easier to rig the handlebar.

The best is to start with a copy of the RoadHog xml for your custom bike, then just rename the entityclass, the vehicle and the chassis item, and also change the paths of the Unity prefab to yours.

There is also roadHogSounds.xml for the custom sounds of the RoadHog.

In the Unity scene, you will have a roadHog_Refs folder. This folder contains reference objects for knowing which values to put in the xml file for some of the custom XML properties I support for vehicles.

- ref_CharControllerAndUIActivationArea: This object has a CharacterController and a BoxCollider component. Those are used to see what size and center values to put in the entityclass XML properties for those Colliders. See my mods readme for more infos on the Custom Vehicles XML properties.

- roadHogRightHandIK and roadHogLeftHandIK: those and their "_root" parents are used to have a visual representation of what values to put in the vehicles' handlebars IK XML properties. The "_root" parents are just there to make it easier to position and rotate the IK objects from the stand point of the handlebar's handles. You need to temporarily make the IK objects(without their "_root" parents) child of your prefab's handlebar_joint to get the local positions and rotation values in the Inspector. Those are the values to put in those IK XML properties. Make sure to unparent them from the prefab when you are done, or at least disable those objects.

Custom Vehicles Templates

How to turn on and off the helicopter? What key on keyboard?

Yes sorry, this is so new that I didn't document the hotkeys, here they are:

LeftShift: lift-up

Space: slow down motor, go down

W-S-A-D: for movement

LeftArrow/RightArrow to rotate on-place

M: to start/stop the music I have on the youtube video.

For those who want to try the helicopter, grab my latest code on github. I just fixed a couple of issues with the initialization of the Helico, and the precision of it's collision detection.

It was often not working properly the first time you use it after loading your game, and it would often go through the floor if you landed too fast.

That would be great, go ahead, unleash the beast. ;)

I wouldn't mind some help with the new helicopter too. It's awfully heavy and split in a million meshes, but when I tried to merge the meshes, the UVs got screwed up for some reason. I'm not really that savvy on the modeling and texturing side, I prefer using my time to code and to rig new systems. So I kept the super heavy model for now. It needs some love! ;)

About the Beast, you can fully control its 'OP'ness through XML properties:

How much gas it consumes, how fast it goes, what it can destroy, what it can harvest, etc...

And I can add support for new XML properties if needed, that's the easy part. ;)

Let me know if you want the original assets or the Unity scenes, I can package them for you.

I paid for the beast, but I really liked the asset and it is was not that expensive.

Just one question. Can the "Beast" take damage, from any source? Just like wreck brick wall on full speed, and take some damage from it?

If no, can it be done via XML?

Just one question. Can the "Beast" take damage, from any source? Just like wreck brick wall on full speed, and take some damage from it?

If no, can it be done via XML?

Yes it takes damage but the feature is not finished. It's currently set to give a constant amount of damage for anything you destroy. There is an XML property intended to control how much damage you take, but I couldn't finish the feature yet, so it's value is not used. If you put zero in it though, you wont take any damage anymore.

<property name="DestroySolidsDegradationPerHit" value="0" />

I hope to finish this feature in the coming weeks... My time has been deviated a bit to the new flying vehicles. ;)

Switch into first person when firing and get us some crosshairs. =)

On the list! Just couldn't make it happen in time for that vid. ;)

Might also add a hotkey to switch first/3rd person, and zoom 3rd person with the mouse wheel...

Archived