A16 - Custom Vehicles by Manux [SDX]

DUST2DEATH

Heck yeah! Sorry I have been super busy all week but look at what I came back to. This is amazing and top notch work by everyone here.

Here are the files and changes needed to add sounds to the Road Hog. They can be edited into manux' files to give the hog a chopper sound

https://github.com/JaxTeller718/Dust2DeathRoadHog/archive/master.zip

Feel free to add those to your sdx repo if you like manux

Thank you to Dust2Death for this hog, its incredibly fun to use.

Great job manux on the vehicles. Now i know what I'm doing today :D The wife is going to be sooo mad lol

Heck yeah! Sorry I have been super busy all week but look at what I came back to. This is amazing and top notch work by everyone here.

Here are the files and changes needed to add sounds to the Road Hog. They can be edited into manux' files to give the hog a chopper sound

https://github.com/JaxTeller718/Dust2DeathRoadHog/archive/master.zip

Feel free to add those to your sdx repo if you like manux

Thank you to Dust2Death for this hog, its incredibly fun to use.

Great job manux on the vehicles. Now i know what I'm doing today :D The wife is going to be sooo mad lol

Thanks a lot for the sounds Jax, I will integrate them soon!

I'm glad you like it, I am adding new features, will post the details in a few minutes... (I think you will also like this)

Ok, my Mod is now called Manux_CustomVehicles:

https://github.com/manux32/7dtdSdxMods/tree/master/Manux_CustomVehicles

There is many new features now to let you build Custom Bikes, Custom Cars, and All-Terrain Vehicles that can climb on medium obstacles.

New Features:

All these features are controllable through xml. Check my Quad, Cicada Car, or HellGoat Bike vehicles xmls to see the new xml properties.

• - control the camera position offset when driving the vehicle
    - control the player position and/or rotation offset on the vehicle
    - hide the player for closed vehicles
    - modify the settings of the CharacterController that moves the car:

• - the center, radius and height of the CharacterController built-in capsule collider to better fit your vehicle. (We are limited to the built-in capsule collider for now, but it's better than nothing).
      - the Slope Limit and Step Offset properties of the CharacterController to make all-terrain vehicles that climb medium obstacles.

- A new EntityCustomBike class to have all those features on the bikes too.

Here's some all-terrain vehicles in action:

[video=youtube_share;au5lZz8cKmQ]

I get this error:

https://imgur.com/Y1sC4fM

How to fix it?

Thanks for help :smile-new:

Hi there, couple of questions and recommendations:

- Does your output_log.txt file give you more details on the errors? This file can typically be found here with a default SDX setup: C:\SDXModding\Game\Working\7DaysToDie_Data

- Can you spawn the full vehicles with the Spawn Entity window (F6 when in debug mode (dm))?

- Make sure you use the latest SDX Launcher version 0.72 or 0.72c for deploying the mod. This also applies for installing any of my other mods.

- If you are new to SDX, make sure to read/do the SDX tutorials.

Thanks for help..

In output.log.txt I find this:

2018-10-09T00:25:29 140.083 INF Time: 1.88m FPS: 73.70 Heap: 801.1MB Max: 801.1MB Chunks: 530 CGO: 324 Ply: 1 Zom: 0 Ent: 1 (1) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 3498.8MB

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at XUiC_SpawnMenu.BBG (Int32 ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_SpawnMenu+QE.WZ (.XUiController , .OnPressEventArgs ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper delegate-invoke) XUiEvent_OnPressEventHandler:invoke_void__this___XUiController_OnPressEventArgs (XUiController,OnPressEventArgs)

at XUiController.OnPressed (.OnPressEventArgs _e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiController.Pressed (Int32 mouseButton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiView.NGuiButtonOnClick (UnityEngine.Transform _t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NGuiButtonOnClickHandler.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)

UICamera:Notify(GameObject, String, Object)

UICamera:ProcessTouch(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)

UICamera:ProcessMouse()

UICamera:ProcessTouches()

UICamera:Update()

In Spawn entity window when I try to spawn full vehicle,the same error shows; "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I read the whole sdx tutorial and do everything that said there. Other sdx mods working fine...

Ok I think you are right tin33cro, I just tested the mod on its own without any other mods installed and I do get the same error. So this means I have dependencies to another mod I'm using and I didn't know about it.

I have a feeling it's gonna be something like Hal's DLL fixes mod.

Let me isolate the problem and get back to you shortly...

Ok it was exactly what I thought.

You need to also deploy Hal's DLL fixes mod for my mod to work.

You can grab it here if you don't already have it:

https://github.com/7D2DSDX/Mods/tree/master/HalDllUpdates

Thanks a lot for catching this and reporting it to us, I had no clue I had dependencies. I always use Hal's DLL fixes mod, it's a good mod to always have.

I'll update my mod to have a dependency and add a note in the mod's readme.

All right guys, the new toy is up and running, and pretty awesome!

code is submitted on github.

Keep an eye on improvements added to this mod, they are happening pretty often right now, I'm on fire. ;)

[video=youtube_share;MXkOzT_1-nM]

[video=youtube_share;OehnLqXRZIU]

The beast now harvests what it destroys:

[video=youtube_share;05JCymS6XHI]

- - - Updated - - -

wow, amazing work. that thing needs bumper stickers.

ah ah, totally, good idea!

- - - Updated - - -

I might actually call it The Beast, lol.

Sneak peek of the new destruction/harvesting.

And thanks to Three8, we now have underwater features for all vehicles.

Also changed some of the custom parts to use the regular vehicle slots, because there is issues when we rename the slots.

Destruction currently only works on The Beast (Loader). But I will change that in the near future.

To move the bucket, use the keyboard arrow keys.

There is new xml properties to let you define what gets destroyed and what gets harvested. And one also to harvest directly to the vehicle inventory. ANd 2 new for underwater.

There is others too, I'll update the readme to document all the new stuff...

You should build the vehicles from the parts instead of spawning them with the Spawn entities window, because that can result in getting a vehicle that has the wrong parts and therefore not function properly.

Code is up on github.

|[video=youtube_share;tAwpDKaP1w0]

Archived