Custom texture entities

Mumpfy

hey, so im trying some re texturing on the zombies and i have one doubt maybe someone knows...

i can change the texture all works perfect is just that to be able to see it I need to check it in game, i do a quick test on unity but its not the same, so the question is...

is there any way to freeze the entity "in game" so i can check the texture walking around them without them attacking me all the time?

lfROFr2.png

yNpyy0S.png

9wpJqiM.png

wNrUT1d.png

S27CWxz.png

You could try removing all the AITasks except leave one like approachspot. That will stop the wandering and attacking

I think all you need to do is just change the sequence number.

<property name="AITask-10" value="BreakDoor"/>

<property name="AITask-2" value="BreakBlock"/>

<property name="AITask-3" value="Territorial"/>

<property name="AITask-4" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityPlayer"/>

<property name="AITask-5" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" param1="EntityNPC"/>

<property name="AITask-6" value="ApproachSpot"/>

<property name="AITask-7" value="Wander"/>

Pretty sure the last time I messed with it, that's all it took to get them to just stay in place and stay in their idle poses.

Mumpfy a couple of things i was taught that may help.

For the g-string thong, in resource.assets or umaplayer, i have to recheck which. You can use bikini bottom for texture.

Its not really used so far in game. For the paint texture create a normal map. Find an unlike texture you like, create an nomal of it. then clone its normal into the shape of you texture normal. Will give contrasting raised texture to your artwork.

Also can be done for hair. Her hair can be snakes, chaninmail, cactus needles. just rememner make a normal to have more texture.

Keep up the good work.

4sheetzngeegles:

thanks, the thong is actually part of the stripper texture, and its made like ♥♥♥♥, im actually fixing that right now. all you see here is raw from unity, just the texture without anything extra but the main texture png, just becouse i keep working on it until i like what i have. thats why everything looks a bit flat and shiny. now i found a better way to edit the textures in a way that i can actually place them in the mesh "in time" and check the changes im doing on the texture file... so its a lot better, all the above stuff i was working blind, just editing the textures and then opening the game to check the results... im really new at all this, actually is the firt time ever i do any modding, even new at 3d, first time i work on that.... so is a slow process of learning.

i will upload better picts when satisfied with the work, with normals on and rendered.

i really really want to thank all of you guys for the feedback and tips, it really nice and keeps me going.

Archived