Telltale Layoffs

The Fun Pimp

Clare is ok Mad but ok (if employed by TT). Most obvious reason for not replying Laid off by TT under contract with a Gag Order,it isn't that Clare doesn't want to reply to everyone,by Law Clare can't.

Im afraid that is absolute nonsense.

Gag orders are for legal disputes administered on behalf of courts, not normal working contracts. Law isnt remotely involved here.

Youre part right, though.

She is likely not responding for the obvious reasons. Either shes gone (which id be surprised at, because I would doubt shes employed by TT if shes community person on here), or theres nothing helpful she can tell us.

You have to remember a couple of things. In winding up situations, things literally change day to day, or hour to hour. It would cause absolute chaos and misinformation if she posted one hour to say, for example "its ok, fundings been found for x", then an hour later to say "no scratch that, its changed".

Aside from that, what could she say that is really of any help, apart from "im still here"?

Also, auditors are normally largely involved in control of the company and their job is to assess and audit the assets and financials of the company and work out the best way to both close the company up, organize the debtors, etc. That is,of course, very much assuming this is the case here - take this with a pinch of salt (its from personal experience only).

So, any communication is going to be really guarded and conservative. In all likelihood, what the original post on this thread is about all you need to know at this point.

Still, you are correct in wondering whether claire is ok. It would be nice to know.

Gag orders are for legal disputes administered on behalf of courts, not normal working contracts. Law isnt remotely involved here.

She is likely not responding for the obvious reasons. Either shes gone (which id be surprised at, because I would doubt shes employed by TT if shes community person on here), or theres nothing helpful she can tell us.

You have to remember a couple of things. In winding up situations, things literally change day to day, or hour to hour. It would cause absolute chaos and misinformation if she posted one hour to say, for example "its ok, fundings been found for x", then an hour later to say "no scratch that, its changed".

Aside from that, what could she say that is really of any help, apart from "im still here"?

Also, auditors are normally largely involved in control of the company and their job is to assess and audit the assets and financials of the company and work out the best way to both close the company up, organize the debtors, etc. That is,of course, very much assuming this is the case here - take this with a pinch of salt (its from personal experience only).

So, any communication is going to be really guarded and conservative. In all likelihood, what the original post on this thread is about all you need to know at this point.

Still, you are correct in wondering whether claire is ok. It would be nice to know.

= What I meant was a Non Disclosure Agreement,I don't say anything definite about Clare being at TT for starters.Everyone is like were is Clare, I giving some reasoning why Clare isn't posting anything that's it,far as I know Clare works for TT,IG,and TFP. Lastly what I need to know is none of yours anybody else concern period.

= What I meant was a Non Disclosure Agreement,I don't say anything definite about Clare being at TT for starters.Everyone is like were is Clare, I giving some reasoning why Clare isn't posting anything that's it,far as I know Clare works for TT,IG,and TFP. Lastly what I need to know is none of yours anybody else concern period.

Theres really no need to take offence. None was intended.

I get what you mean then. Yes, its possible for nda to be in effect.

Please understand when I was addressing who claire works for, and everything else, I wasnt just referring to YOU or YOUR claim. Im trying to post for the benefit of everybody here, for the sake of clarity (you know how chinese whispers go and things get out of hand).

Finally, I never said "you need to know". I said "what you have to remember is ...". It is a figure of speech, like "bearing in mind". I was referring to the fact that concerning the subject of insolvency, you need to take certain things into account, as I explained. Ergo, things you need to remember. Anyway, Im old and likely this might not be familiar to you (plus mere text is difficult to present inflection).

So please understand there was no malice or offence intended. Im just trying to do my bit to make sure correct details get out there to everyone.

(Since everyone is speculating..)

Maybe it's something simple like:

She just doesn't have any info to give us and saying something even innocuous like "Hi! I'm doing well!", will ultimately end up in a frenzy of question, upon question, of thing's she doesn't yet have any info for?

Let's not kid ourselves.. You know that's what will happen. Id guess within 3-5 posts of ppl genuinely wanting to know she's Ok.

In all seriousness, I have seen her name pop up in the ppl On-line list from time to time..even today! So there's that at least.

(So with that speculation out of the way) :D

Good Luck Clare! Hope everything is as well as it can be with you. :peace:

Her (Clare) twitter bio says Former Console Community Manager for 7DTD...this stinks. I wish her nothing but the best as she was truly awesome at her job. We will miss you Clare.

Well, colour me surprised on that one.

Thank you for letting us know. I couldnt agree more. Theres a wealth of other dev and publisher forums that havent done half the job clare did on her own.

She was to the point, always very polite and decent, and timely with her posts. I truly hope that our comments here might help in her next job in some way.

Thank you for all you did clare.

Well, colour me surprised on that one.

Thank you for letting us know. I couldnt agree more. Theres a wealth of other dev and publisher forums that havent done half the job clare did on her own.

She was to the point, always very polite and decent, and timely with her posts. I truly hope that our comments here might help in her next job in some way.

Thank you for all you did clare.

Well said! Clare has been a wonderful source of help and advice; was always friendly, fun and worked hard to help us all. I hold out hope that she will return to the forum soon - she will be missed!

If you don't come back to us Clare, thank you for everything you've done for us and best wishes for the future!

... it's more realistic to belive this game is dead.

Maybe, or maybe not.

The Fun Pimps clearly stated they won't give up now, so please give them a chance.

Please wait for facts, not beliefs. We as players have nothing to loose if TFP is successful, and things cannot be worse if TFP is unsuccessful..

EDIT :

7DTD is now a zombie game ??? :miserable:

I just don't get it. Sure there are problems with the game, but for the majority of players it seems to be working. Yeah, there is the md5 problem that regardless of anyone's excuse, is a problem with the game not with the xbox. And then there's the crashes that don't cause resets because we learned how to avoid them, but all in all, the game performs. It's no Lambo but it isn't a Yugo either.

I for one will continue to play, whether their's new updates or not. If TFP puts together a new crew to port things I will enjoy that as well, but until then I'll enjoy what I have.

I really hope that Clare is ok,right? And we have to admit that console players dont get any updates anymore soon..or ever. Thanks Richard for that "update" also.

If this turns out to be a fact i will never buy anything from the fun pimps ever again. Trust when i say they are not far off themselves from going bankrupt.

Sad to see claire go. Somewhere a sad giraffe is crying.

3656430_700b_v1.jpg

I don't really consider that funny considering last night at 4am, a tenant in my building was going to commit suicide but his friend called the cops on him... and he is now in a psych ward. It would have been the 2nd suicide I witnessed in my building.

If this turns out to be a fact i will never buy anything from the fun pimps ever again. Trust when i say they are not far off themselves from going bankrupt.

1. TFP didn't drop the ball here.

2. Can't trust you on this at all. Sorry. You have some of their financial documents stored somewhere? Didn't think so.

- - - Updated - - -

In theory they should be able to hired by the next console puplisher, iron galaxy or TFP. Whether or not they are hired is another story. They may not need new people or only a few and don't want to create bad blood by only hiring some of them.

It's really up in the air, but I've seen other developers for other games show intrest in hiring former TT employees

TT is just the publisher in this case, so hiring them for the continuation of the console port makes very little sense.

What I expect will happen is that TFP will find another publisher for the console version, or simply take that task on themselves.

Until we have solid new on it though, everything is merely speculation.

Archived