Telltale Layoffs

The Fun Pimp

Of course I'm a PC player. Last time I limited my gaming with a console, it was a Dreamcast. But here's the simple point re: the port. TFP did make money off it. By selling the rights to the console version to TTG. Who now owns those rights until they sell them off or there are bankruptcy proceedings. TFP literally cannot do anything with the port right now.

It could be like Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

Of course I'm a PC player. Last time I limited my gaming with a console, it was a Dreamcast. But here's the simple point re: the port. TFP did make money off it. By selling the rights to the console version to TTG. Who now owns those rights until they sell them off or there are bankruptcy proceedings. TFP literally cannot do anything with the port right now.

And this is just speculation. You assume this is how it is but you have no clue how the contract was set up. You might be completely right not saying you are not. It makes sense but we have no idea what is in the contract much less how it was written up.

iron galaxy is the developer. teltale is the publisher. im hoping this isn't why the update is taking so long. from articles i read even the employees didn't know till 30 minits before they were fired. so you ask why now. because fiscal quarter 1 starts octobee first. get everyone out berore the new fiscal year. merry christmas no bonus this year.

I like the walking dead series. I hope they finish this last season. They've only put out the 1st episode, suppose to be 4.

But more so i hope they continue at least with 7dtd.

I think it's all but officially confirmed that TWD is cancelled after episode 2...

I pray this is not the case, but I've heard it from numerous sources!

It could be like Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

What, that as soon as TTG is dead, another publisher is "activated"? Unfortunately, legal agreements are rarely that soft. I feel sorry for the console players- on multiple levels ;)- but the bottom line is, they shouldn't be blaming or harassing TFP on this. This is all on TTG.

What, that as soon as TTG is dead, another publisher is "activated"? Unfortunately, legal agreements are rarely that soft. I feel sorry for the console players- on multiple levels ;)- but the bottom line is, they shouldn't be blaming or harassing TFP on this. This is all on TTG.

First off, no one has blamed TFP for TTG having to people layoff. So I'm not sure what you think people are "blaming" TFP for doing. It's not "harassment" to ask what is to come for the console version of 7 Days to Die.

Secondly, you're acting like console players have no reason to look to TFP for relevant information and the future of 7 Days to Die on consoles, especially since they have made it clear that console development is handled by TTG and Iron Galaxy and not TFP. TFP stated they intend to "continue to update and support 7 Days on every platform" that they can. What other "platforms" are there other than PC? The console editions obviously.

Also, I do wonder just how many PC players started put on the console edition of the game before deciding to switch to the PC game. And given the fact that TFP has stated more than once their end goal is to have as much parity between console and PC as possible it is not unreasonable to wonder if that is still their goal, or if TTG shutting down means the console edition is dead too.

Finally, it's obvious we'll have to wait and see what happens. And as someone else mentioned in this thread, waiting is something console players are used to.

Option A: Pimps will cancel console port of the game :(

Option B: Pimps will wait till licence agreement with TTG to expire (3-6+ Years), invest more $$$ with new publisher and hopefully get it off the ground again...

I would be willing to bet that there was a clause to allow TFP to cancel TTG's license in a case like this. TFP owns the name after all.

I would be willing to bet that there was a clause to allow TFP to cancel TTG's license in a case like this. TFP owns the name after all.

I’m sure there was along with any number of other “reasons” including non performance. I think the key is finding a publisher who can monetize it. Let’s hope. The hand writing was on the wall a long time with respect to TTGs financials. So this probably isn’t a complete suprise and one people making deals with themmwoumd have hopefully considered.

did anyone here play sacred 2? ya great game whose company went broke before they could fix it. then sacred 3 came out and it was an insult to sacred fans

Look at home front. That was a good game and before it could get to far into it what was it THQ or something went down and no more online and no more dlc or anything. Then Home Front 2 years later and it 2as garbage.

Look at sierra studios they had a few games that was popular and who ever bought them out never touched them they just collecting dust.

Anyway not sure what my point was I'm at work and break is over lol but I think it was that those games was different. TT was just the publisher not the developers. The actual developers are still here making the game for PC. So the ports and such can still be a thing just got to give them time to figure things out. It hasn't even been a week yet.

did anyone here play sacred 2? ya great game whose company went broke before they could fix it. then sacred 3 came out and it was an insult to sacred fans

God I still cringe whenever I hear Sacred 3. The first one was awesome. Then the second came along and it was EPIC, but had a few bugs. Then there was that other garbage. It didn't fit at all, much less play well.

Option A: Pimps will cancel console port of the game :(

Option B: Pimps will wait till licence agreement with TTG to expire (3-6+ Years), invest more $$$ with new publisher and hopefully get it off the ground again...

Ive no wish to rag on you, so please take this as polite, but this is rather an argument from incredulity fallacy (in other words, these are the options I can think of and only these).

Im afraid thats rather simplistic, as contracts are usually far more complex than this. It is entirely likely there may be void clauses for situations like these, or any number of different things. You can put largely ANYTHING in a contract. All it requires is it to be legal, and agreed upon by all parties.

So, there are a myriad of options we can imagine, and thats due to us not knowing the contract details, so it remains speculation. It could mean they could get access to buy the licence by being given "first dibs", or a cut down rate, or they might just have to wait until the auditors auction it off, if it comes to full closure.

Then theres the matter of how TT games funded iron galaxy as part of this contract. It could be the usual pro rata thing of funds released in chunks as certain targets are met; hard to say bearing in mind the "early access" nature of its development. It could be theyve had all their funding already, and that TTs role was only left to market it now at this late stage. Add to this, there may also be obligations for TT to cover - in whole or part - patch costs, etc. We just dont know how reliant iron galaxy are at this point.

Every situation is different, but one could take some inkling from thqs disaster. Look at how many licences were quickly snapped and reused. Thq nordic, for example.

So, no, they are by far not the only two options.

But it remains, at present, irrelevant as we are not privy to enough informatio. Best bet is to exercise critical thinking skills and NOT assume anything until evidence is offered to us, especially as there are millions of different permutations in how this could be affecting iron galaxy.

Lastly,please excuse my crappy typing. Im old and using a horrific touchscreen for typing this.

The longer whoever is in charge now hesitates, the more patience (support and therefore chance to keep it alive) will fade away. It is market economy. Remember this.

It's not a question of hesitation. You don't announce something until you have hard data. There's a lot of legal discussions that are going to have to be made here. Meetings with lawyers and companies. It's not something you can just say and it will happen.

You're going to need to have some patience. It will take time to sort things out.

Well like Richard said PC will get theirs and we can still speculate. As far as us X-box users,to bad.

And to all us console users nana,na,na.

Actually we do get alphas FYI almost all of alpha 16 for those who said console doesn't also the branch of tell tale was the stupid novel type games such as wolf amount us. Also iron Galaxy is a huge part of the console version. Stop speculating and lying to one another to sit wait and keep turning in cuz it'll come

Actually we do get alphas FYI almost all of alpha 16 for those who said console doesn't also the branch of tell tale was the stupid novel type games such as wolf amount us. Also iron Galaxy is a huge part of the console version. Stop speculating and lying to one another to sit wait and keep turning in cuz it'll come

A couple of points, just to be clear.

We, the console players, DONT get alphas in the strictest sense, as the game on console is considered a full release. So although I see your point about features from the PC alphas coming across, its not quite the same. Its important to distinguish this as there were (and still are) myths floating about that console players will get EVERYTHING that has already appeared on PC. That CANNOT happen, as has been officially stated many times. Current consoles have too limited RAM and other resources for this.

Secondly, regarding the accusation of lying and speculating that "itll come". Again, whilst youre correct in general about speculation, the point about updates forthcoming to the consoles has been addressed by the team - its the start of this very thread.

It states that consoles versions will continue to be supported as long as they can. Now, granted thats an open statement, but it is most definitely NOT the case that its finished for console. As I pointed out on the previous page, iron galaxy are the devs responsible for console, and TT being publisher. We dont know any of the contractual details between them, so we cannot know whether theres any further funding due, or how much.

But, if the console devs themselves state that they are intending to continue as long as possible, there is good reason to take them precisely at their word, as they have been similarly conservative and straightforward in all communications previously.

Lastly, we DO have to sit and wait because bankruptcies, insolvencies, and closures take time to sort through the loose ends. As 7dtd was one of the two games that were actually still making money for TT, you can bet someone will try to bid for the rights, if iron galaxy themselves are unable to.

But it takes time. A couple of decades ago, I was made redundant after the company i word for went kaput. The auditors kept a few of us management on for a few weeks, then that was it. Last couple of days was auctioing assets off. I was owed two weeks holiday pay, but as with all insolvencies, I had to join the list of creditors.

I finally got my money paid, in one full sum, 9 years later.

Everyone really needs to stop jumping to conclusions. I see this type of click bait on youtube as well. Nobody really knows anything. The fate of what is to come is up in the air. Until someone comes out and says one way or the other on the future of the console, we all just have to sit back and be patient. It sucks not knowing, but is the way of life. We will get an answer.

Nope! The exact same message was posted in the PC section as well.

The consoles don't get alphas, only updates.

PC people were afraid that the Telltale story would also affect the PC alpha 17, so Richard wanted to let them know that it is still coming out soon.

And that's why I told Richard to be more specific in his message... Because some people might not understand.

Check your facts they where working on updating game engine so they can do the PC stuff

A couple of points, just to be clear.

We, the console players, DONT get alphas in the strictest sense, as the game on console is considered a full release. So although I see your point about features from the PC alphas coming across, its not quite the same. Its important to distinguish this as there were (and still are) myths floating about that console players will get EVERYTHING that has already appeared on PC. That CANNOT happen, as has been officially stated many times. Current consoles have too limited RAM and other resources for this.

Secondly, regarding the accusation of lying and speculating that "itll come". Again, whilst youre correct in general about speculation, the point about updates forthcoming to the consoles has been addressed by the team - its the start of this very thread.

It states that consoles versions will continue to be supported as long as they can. Now, granted thats an open statement, but it is most definitely NOT the case that its finished for console. As I pointed out on the previous page, iron galaxy are the devs responsible for console, and TT being publisher. We dont know any of the contractual details between them, so we cannot know whether theres any further funding due, or how much.

But, if the console devs themselves state that they are intending to continue as long as possible, there is good reason to take them precisely at their word, as they have been similarly conservative and straightforward in all communications previously.

Lastly, we DO have to sit and wait because bankruptcies, insolvencies, and closures take time to sort through the loose ends. As 7dtd was one of the two games that were actually still making money for TT, you can bet someone will try to bid for the rights, if iron galaxy themselves are unable to.

But it takes time. A couple of decades ago, I was made redundant after the company i word for went kaput. The auditors kept a few of us management on for a few weeks, then that was it. Last couple of days was auctioing assets off. I was owed two weeks holiday pay, but as with all insolvencies, I had to join the list of creditors.

I finally got my money paid, in one full sum, 9 years later.

It's Kool keep playin it like you got the inside scoop

Archived