Let s talk is 7 days to die dying ?

NeferPitou

People stop playing when they think a new update is coming soonish. Since people have been thinking A17 is just around the corner for the last few months so player counts are down. When A17 drops I bet that there will close to all time high if not all time high player counts.

That's unfortunate...

I think that he is correct that A17 has taken too long to make the fans of the game happy.

I know that many of his assumptions are wrong and I'm a bit unhappy that he claimed that the content creators were given a set in stone date. That is blatantly false. It's also false that TFP were trying to work around PAX.

He just is another one of those individuals, God bless them, that reads an estimate and takes it as a promise...

In my original letter back in the end of August I said that it would not happen until the second weekend in September at the earliest. He obviously took that to mean that it was going to happen second weekend in September which is his mistake but to cover himself he needed to spend some time on his platform blaming TFP.

It will be interesting to see whether he is right or not. Will A17 spike up higher than it ever has before on the steam charts or will it stay flat because he called it correctly and nobody is going to come back to play A17 because of the delays.

The problem, Roland - I hope you're having a good day - , is that only we, who are around Joel and the devs for years, know, that if they say "game's probably ready in July" only one thing is certain: That it's not ready in July. Other people think it means it's probably ready in July, so if not July, then no later than early August. When these nasty videos come out in September, it's not because people don't understand a basic word. People are not that stupid, Roland. It's because people are not used to a competent professional's estimation of his own work being that inaccurate.

The problem, Roland - I hope you're having a good day - , is that only we, who are around Joel and the devs for years, know, that if they say "game's probably ready in July" only one thing is certain: That it's not ready in July. Other people think it means it's probably ready in July, so if not July, then no later than early August. When these nasty videos come out in September, it's not because people don't understand a basic word. People are not that stupid, Roland. It's because people are not used to a competent professional's estimation of his own work being that inaccurate.

I'll grant that's true but in this particular case it was him misunderstanding me telling him something which led to him making an announcement of a firm date that wasn't firm and feeling like that made him look bad to his community. But I agree that most people wouldn't expect an estimate of July to be closer to Halloween than it is to USA Independence Day...lol

i didn t say richard or chris i said Joel read again ...... he promised he will make a video once a week atleast but look 3 weeks now without a single twitter post even ..but that okey we get used to disappointments anyway

this community need hope and information more then anything now it s get to the point that it s getting annoying

No disrespect meant

I think we got all variations of "crafting", "schematic", "blueprint", "release", "development" filtered out of the ingame chat so there should be fewer rants disrupting your gameplay experience.

"Zombie" might have to be filtered because it is a generalising term for people with a severe brain-handicap.

Don't worry. We know what's best for you!

He promised? Where.

Not trying to be a butt either, homie.

in 45.19 he said i am going to start making videos hmmm 3 weeks later nothing LMAO .....

- - - Updated - - -

I think we got all variations of "crafting", "schematic", "blueprint", "release", "development" filtered out of the ingame chat so there should be fewer rants disrupting your gameplay experience.

"Zombie" might have to be filtered because it is a generalising term for people with a severe brain-handicap.

Don't worry. We know what's best for you!

brain-handicap it s a shame really to hear it from DEVLOPER really just because people who are not aggreing with you means that we are people with no brain nice way to talk to your community and by the way i was checking your steam profile you almost played ARK more then 7 days to die spoiler try to work hard on your game then other games ARK is already out of beta but 7 days to die still 1.4 years for a single update people are mad and you don t want to accept that Gazz i mean no disrespect to your or other devs there i know it hard work to do but just stop it really there is something wrong !

brain-handicap it s a shame really to hear it from DEVLOPER really just because people who are not aggreing with you means that we are people with no brain nice way to talk to your community

NeferPitou...honestly, not even a German --> English --> Russian language gap can account for your massive misunderstanding here. Gazz was talking about zombies in the game and not members of the community on the forums. You need to relax and stop looking for trouble.

NeferPitou...honestly, not even a German --> English --> Russian language gap can account for your massive misunderstanding here. Gazz was talking about zombies in the game and not members of the community on the forums. You need to relax and stop looking for trouble.

my english is not my main may be it s misuderstood sorry for that

Archived