A17 most likely [not September] according to Roland

Erik Louden

If I read more into it then I'm sorry if I came off as harsh to you. Really, it wasn't even solely you I was responding to. There is a general disconnect between a lot of people who are treating this as a finished game and the developers who are treating this as a project under construction. The devs don't plan updates to be released so they coincide with school vacations, or to not go up against other game releases, or for any reason other than making it work best for them as they develop. They aren't going to fix bugs that we want them to fix. They are going to fix bugs that need to be fixed in order to keep developing. They aren't going to keep a feature or an option in the game because we really like it, they are going to keep it or discard it depending on what is best for their work.

As for suggestions regarding the TFP business model and operations...let's just keep suggestions focused on the game itself. The game is the purpose of these forums and TFP is happy with its management and organization.

Fair enough. I have been with the game and TFP since it's early days and fully support you guys.

I'm too impatient. I'll say this thought, everyone here is optimistic AF about this alpha ever releasing. I have come to a point that I honestly, 100% expect Alpha 17 to release in December or early 2019. Not joking at all. This is just getting sad. I would rather them just release an unstable A17 experimental build for those of us who just want to jump right on it. Obviously if you don't like the bugs, just revert back to the stable A16 build. This way, people can get their hands on A17, and TFP get a larger pool for bug testing. It could be a buggy as hell mess, but at least we have SOMETHING.

Hmmm. I thought I remembered something when I purchased this game. Terms of service thing that mentioned what I was getting into when I paid $25 for the early access. I think it said "The game is unfinished and the developers are under no obligation to provide anything more than the current state of the game at the time of purchase." Of all the verbage used, that was pretty clear to me when I paid for early access.

And quite honestly, I have just between 500-1000 hours on A16 and loved it. Vanilla and Starvation Mod junky. I still have DF and Medieval mods to try as well. I have spent $50+ on games I barely got 60 hours out of.

So, would all of you entitled whiners please, just stop. You got the same notice I did. And if your so huffed up, I doubt you barely played the game for less than 100 hours. And if you played it that much, you got way more than you paid for already. And as much as you like to think your threats of "I will never play this again" mean anything, we all know you will install A17E the hour it drops. Sp please. Just stop. My 9 year old handles himself better than this.

Those who want "the delivery" now - you'd be getting a raw pizza.

Some things are just not done, yet, others not balanced and in rare cases the balancing setup may still change drastically as we start getting feedback from a game that is starting to become fully playable.

I haven't even played it at all. Not for a minute. (I don't balance anything by feel. The systems are way too complex for that.)

There is content/data to finish, loot to distribute and adapt to the new systems, zombie stats and population distribution to beat into shape.

I get that you want to play it but... no. Not ready.

Nah to the ah to the no-o-o.

I'm too impatient. I'll say this thought, everyone here is optimistic AF about this alpha ever releasing. I have come to a point that I honestly, 100% expect Alpha 17 to release in December or early 2019. Not joking at all. This is just getting sad. I would rather them just release an unstable A17 experimental build for those of us who just want to jump right on it. Obviously if you don't like the bugs, just revert back to the stable A16 build. This way, people can get their hands on A17, and TFP get a larger pool for bug testing. It could be a buggy as hell mess, but at least we have SOMETHING.

And I'm sure if TFP did that, there would be absolutely no complaining by anyone at all about how buggy the release was.........

^^

1% of playerbase is happy

but 10% of the early early Experimental will make videos they proof that 7D2D is a totally buggy mess after Years in development.

I would like too to get my fingers on such a early version, but to be honest, i understand them completly

Btw you have SOMETHING

its called A16, A15, A14, A13 .....

After I think about 2½ thousand hours in this game, I'm now seriously considering leaving it until release.

I think it will be really fun coming back to it - and hopefully will by then have forgotten some things and there will be plenty new to discover.

Even better if VR is implemented by release day, too.

Meantime I've kept myself very busy with other short-term games and the sims that I've played for over 10 years and will no doubt still be in another 10 years.

I really don't mind if it's a year or three - the longer the better now, cos the longer it takes, the more I'm likely to forget, the more fun it will be!

After I think about 2½ thousand hours in this game, I'm now seriously considering leaving it until release.

I think it will be really fun coming back to it - and hopefully will by then have forgotten some things and there will be plenty new to discover.

Even better if VR is implemented by release day, too.

Meantime I've kept myself very busy with other short-term games and the sims that I've played for over 10 years and will no doubt still be in another 10 years.

I really don't mind if it's a year or three - the longer the better now, cos the longer it takes, the more I'm likely to forget, the more fun it will be!

I'm with ya, man.

I'll probably skip A17 altogether if it takes much longer. I was planning on playing for like 3-4 weeks, reaching end game and then just waiting for the next release. But if it gets backed up into October or later, I'm going to be busy playing Fallout 76 instead

Nothing against the developers. I understand they want to put their best foot forward and not release an unplayable mess, and that the engine and dev team overhaul has some growing pains, but competition is becoming a real issue here.

Well, you boys have fun. 7Days will be here when you return. I just helped a couple guys this last week get their original Kickstarter keys converted over to steam keys. They haven’t played the game since before it went to Steam and they sounded excited to play again. Couldn’t care less about when A17 might come out as they were just happy to try out A16. That’s got to be an almost five year gap between playing so 1-2 years for you guys taking a break should be no problem.

I'll probably skip A17 altogether if it takes much longer. I was planning on playing for like 3-4 weeks, reaching end game and then just waiting for the next release. But if it gets backed up into October or later, I'm going to be busy playing Fallout 76 instead

Nothing against the developers. I understand they want to put their best foot forward and not release an unplayable mess, and that the engine and dev team overhaul has some growing pains, but competition is becoming a real issue here.

Why post this? I taste salt.

Why post this? I taste salt.

Because I have the right to post how I feel and what I'm thinking especially if it serves to show crowd mood which is very hard to judge digitally

As a developer I'd certainly appreciate constructive negative feedback

Also why target me instead of the other dozen people in the thread expressing similar opinions? I worded my post in the most eloquent and constructive way I possibly could have.

Some of y'all acting like TFP is the dope man you gave $20 to last week, and you're begging for just one hit

lol!

I think they think they can complain TFP into releasing early, but that is pretty stupid as if they did we would get an unfinished release and those have sucked where you run for a few weeks and then have to wipe the map because of a change... NO THANKS.

Give me the "finished" release Anyday.

Lets face it, we ALL want to play A17 and probably most on this forum would be content to try it "as is".

*** At Al's Marina and Conga line dance HQ, our zombie bear doorman will give you his wisdom for 500 tokens... "We are all like sponges in one specific way: when life "squeezes" us, who we really are on the inside starts to show. Mmm-mm!"

On Topic

Thats a good statement, sure i would love to play A17 Yesterday, but now i know that it make sense to start something that needs longer instead of many small filler.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mist survival is sadly not really far developed.

I doubt you can spend a month with it

If you want to discuss it

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?86588-Suggestions-for-Comparable-games

It's already got in it, things we've been waiting 4.5 years for in this game. So i'd say it's pretty far developed. It's literaly mashed together everything anyone has asked for in a survival game wiht no exucses. Yeah, you can get a months play out of the game, if you can play alpha 16 for more than one min with zombies that run around in circles.

It's already got in it, things we've been waiting 4.5 years for in this game. So i'd say it's pretty far developed. It's literaly mashed together everything anyone has asked for in a survival game wiht no exucses. Yeah, you can get a months play out of the game, if you can play alpha 16 for more than one min with zombies that run around in circles.

Ok, so there is this far superior game over there. I get that. But why are you here then waiting for A17 to come out instead of playing this other game?

To be clear, I'm not telling you to go away. I'm asking why are you impatient to get A17 when you have other, better games to play?

Ok, so there is this far superior game over there. I get that. But why are you here then waiting for A17 to come out instead of playing this other game?

To be clear, I'm not telling you to go away. I'm asking why are you impatient to get A17 when you have other, better games to play?

everyone has his point if you wanna wait that great but he is not the only one who is lossing it waiting for this A17 it already been more then a whole year and TFP know about it but there is some people who are not able to play other games and just want to play the game that they like A16 is broken like the AI i am waiting for a17 but since it more likely to come on in octuber i can t hide the fact that i am disappointed of the endless delays i wish madmole can talk with us about this in his next video

- - - Updated - - -

lol!

I think they think they can complain TFP into releasing early, but that is pretty stupid as if they did we would get an unfinished release and those have sucked where you run for a few weeks and then have to wipe the map because of a change... NO THANKS.

Give me the "finished" release Anyday.

it will never be finished until stable hits the platform dude so expect 1 month or more in exp version of the game so a17 stable will be out may be november

I paid 25 bucks for this game year and year and years ago. I have gotten my 25 bucks in value back probably a hundred times. I am looking forward to A17 as it sounds like it will largely be a news game.

7 days to die is basicly the best game i played so far i have 3000+ on the game and i bought it from summer sale 2015 with 9 USD it was worth

i just wish they can hurry up in the update you know like not a large update every 1+ year but every 6 months or so

they can t do that as @ronald said there is a ugly bugs happening that can t go too the public yet because it will just cause a wave of rage and whiners so let give them there time and hopefully they can release the kraken in october ..

Archived