Block durability: 100

Loot respawn time: 5

Loot abundance: 100

Airdrops: 24

24 hour cycle: 60 minutes

In-game Day: 416

Game system: PS4 Pro

Hi Clare,

I was riding my minibike in the burnt forest when I stopped to kill a Burn Victim. While I was doing that two others sneaked up on me, I quickly moved away, but one touched or hit my minibike which started to burn. After I had quickly killed all the Burn Victims I went to my minibike that was still smoking and hopped on. I saw it was reduced in durability from 66% to I believe 10%, but it didn't move. I check the parts and found out that the minibike handlebars, tires and battery all had 0 durability. Luckily I was carrying some repair kits and removed and reparied these parts and put them back. When I hopped on the durability was up again, but I noticed the minibike was still slightly burning. I got off the bike, waited a bit and then got on. I noticed that the durability had not decreased. So somehow the graphics still show it as burning, but there does not seem to be any detrimental effect on the bike. I drove to one of the traders on my burning bike and made a screenshot:

1574610624_7DaystoDie_BurningBike.thumb.jpg.f3802996086361aacea975879b3a3f04.jpg

Then I closed the application and shut down the PS4. After a couple of hours I resumed playing and I found that the bike was still showing as burning.

Hi TheCheeta,

Thank you for reporting this in such detail and for clarifying that you tried clearing the cache and that didn't work. I would assume disassembly and reassembly might stop the burning effect but obviously the graphics sticking is not intended and will need to be addressed.

Can you confirm for me that there was no sound effect that you were aware of as you seem to describe it as solely visual?

Clare

Hi Clare,

I have another small update on this issue. With my burning bike I accidentally drove over the burning patches in the burning forest so I was engulfed in flames. When the flames had died down and I got of my bike the bike had not returned to the normal graphics and is still showning as burning.

TheCheeta

Hi Clare,

Final update for the burning minibike. After driving around some more the durability of the whole bike became too low to my liking (36%) and I used the option to repair the whole minibike. I did this two times in a row and bumped up the durability to 60% or so. This also fixed the burning minibike animation, so the minibike is now back to normal.

TheCheeta

Thank you for the update TheCheeta, we haven't managed to get the graphics to stick ourselves, but good to know there's a fix to test when we get there. If it happens again, please let me know as there may be other ways to trigger the graphic effect sticking. We'll keep trying on our end.

Clare

Archived