a17 on release, that weekend you guys mention will we be able to play too?

Chronosphere

Disgusting behaviour from the streamers tbh. It´s a shame you have to serve them as a dev. I never understood the whole streaming games thing anyways. Who has enough time to watch people play and playing for yourself?

Well...they didn't ASK for exclusivity. We OFFERED it.

Here's a question: What if PC Gamer asked for an interview with one of the owners to talk about 7 Days to Die and during that interview the owner allowed the interviewer to play and record his play of A17 and post it on their website as part of the story they did. Would THAT be disgusting? Where is the line in your mind between legitimate media marketing and disgusting media marketing or are you morally against all advertising and marketing in all of its forms?

I mean if you just have a deep seated loathing of all marketing and advertising then I think we can be done with the conversation...lol.

Interestingly, this tends to be the response of people toward things that they don't understand: put it down, usually make it a moral issue in some way, dismiss it, and come up with reasons why it shouldn't be that way.

Thank you for the case study.

I didn´t find streamers to be a bad thing at all before i knew about the exclusive thing. I just didn´t understand the hype. And even now i don´t think every streamer is like this, so still not all streamers disgusting. Sorry no case for your study.

There is a big difference between someone visiting the studio of TFP and offering streamers the alpha earlier. ANd someone could have mentioned that we talk experimental here before page 4.

I didn´t find streamers to be a bad thing at all before i knew about the exclusive thing. I just didn´t understand the hype. And even now i don´t think every streamer is like this, so still not all streamers disgusting. Sorry no case for your study.

Then when the tendency (to lash out against what they don't understand) is pointed out to people, they have a desire to explain away or justify their response. When they see the harsh reality of who they are, they want to mitigate it in some way.

Don't worry about it, though. It's really difficult to escape our shared social psychology.

Case study adjourned. (Or is it?)

Then when the tendency (to lash out against what they don't understand) is pointed out to people, they have a desire to explain away or justify their response. When they see the harsh reality of who they are, they want to mitigate it in some way.

Don't worry about it, though. It's really difficult to escape our shared social psychology.

Case study adjourned. (Or is it?)

Weird logic here. i didn´t leash out against streamers in general so your logic fails again. But what ever floats your boat dude. Really don´t care what you think tbh.

i didn´t leash out against streamers in general so your logic fails again.

So in the quote below you specify a certain portion of the streamers who are the particular targets of your ire? If it's there, I will need you to point it out to me.

Disgusting behaviour from the streamers tbh. It´s a shame you have to serve them as a dev. I never understood the whole streaming games thing anyways. Who has enough time to watch people play and playing for yourself?

-----

Really don´t care what you think tbh.

I imagine that most people on this forum don't care what other people think (in general or about them specifically). Most of us are anonymous and never will cross paths with each other anywhere else. That doesn't mean that people will let you get away with spouting nonsense.

I guess you can carry on not caring now!

Millions? Impossible. Me and everyone on my server hate watching streamers....

QED

Stop using acronyms, Roland. You know the old timers don't know what they mean.

quod erat demonstrandum

Latin, though...they definitely understand Latin.

Modders are the real content creators. I hope this helps.

It does actually.... I remember a conversation I had with a fella in a thread about modding and his attitude towards modders was very similar to the attitude some have for streamers.

I was trying to convince him that playing modded 7 Days to Die was awesome and really breathed new life into the game. He called modders leaches who simply piggyback on the real Developers and create slipshod coding that can crash and damage your computer if you use them. He said he would never play an altered version of the game that was different than the Developer's intended way to play the game.

Nothing I could say could reach him and convince him to even try a mod-- or even add prefabs to his otherwise unmodded game. He was disdainful of those saying that they were all stupidly designed and unbalanced.

Now, I agree that some mods don't seem particularly balanced all that well and there are some POIs designed by people who obviously like looting a lot-- but the important point is that this guy hated modders and modding and considered them to be parasites of the gaming industry much like some here consider streamers.

And this illogical dislike kept him away from an entire world of entertainment.

Well...they didn't ASK for exclusivity. We OFFERED it.

Here's a question: What if PC Gamer asked for an interview with one of the owners to talk about 7 Days to Die and during that interview the owner allowed the interviewer to play and record his play of A17 and post it on their website as part of the story they did. Would THAT be disgusting? Where is the line in your mind between legitimate media marketing and disgusting media marketing or are you morally against all advertising and marketing in all of its forms?

I mean if you just have a deep seated loathing of all marketing and advertising then I think we can be done with the conversation...lol.

Umm...pApA....could I get your answer to these questions?

Like the one in my last post?

That it is in no way comparable if a magazine visits theirs studios and eventually get´s the chance for a usually not very long video (at least in my experience those videos were never longer than a few minutes) and offering it to streamers for a whole weekend?

There you got the line. It´s giving it out earlier to streamers. Not starting in detail discussion in a non native language again.

Also someone maybe should have mentioned before page 4 that we talk about the experimental. Wich could turn out as a mistake if there goes something wrong and everyone watches them playing a buginfested experimental.

That it is in no way comparable if a magazine visits theirs studios and eventually get´s the chance for a usually not very long video (at least in my experience those videos were never longer than a few minutes) and offering it to streamers for a whole weekend? If you don´t see the difference we better not continue this.

Ok, but generally the magazines get those few minutes of video months and even years before the gamer. Doesn't that count too?

And shortly before final release they get the finished game for a week or more and have time to completely play it to the end before a single gamer gets it. For the review which also is just a few minutes, but they got to play it through completely. Doesn't that count?

Ok, but generally the magazines get those few minutes of video months and even years before the gamer. Doesn't that count too?

And shortly before final release they get the finished game for a week or more and have time to completely play it to the end before a single gamer gets it. For the review which also is just a few minutes, but they got to play it through completely. Doesn't that count?

i edited. sorry, it´s late here. read again.

That it is in no way comparable if a magazine visits theirs studios and eventually get´s the chance for a usually not very long video (at least in my experience those videos were never longer than a few minutes) and offering it to streamers for a whole weekend?

There you got the line. It´s giving it out earlier to streamers. Not starting in detail discussion in a non native language again.

Also someone maybe should have mentioned before page 4 that we talk about the experimental. Wich could turn out as a mistake if there goes something wrong and everyone watches them playing a buginfested experimental.

Sorry, I skimmed that since you were talking to Jedo.

No way comparable? Maybe in your mind to bolster your argument or maybe that they are is in my mind to bolster mine, I guess. I can only say that I think they are very comparable situations with the only difference being that the magazine interview is last decade and streamers are today and the future. Other readers will have to decide for themselves if they are comparable or not.

As for not knowing it is the experimental version they are streaming that tells me you haven't paid attention-- not even to how the event was done last time before A16. Also you are repeating arguments that were proven false during the A16 streaming event. (Did you know this was already done before A16?)

You are arguing from a position of ignorance and prejudice. You don't know the successful results of the A16 event. You don't know that much about streaming because you aren't interested in it. You don't like streamers and view them as disgusting if they leverage their viewership into getting free copies of the game from developers. I think the only people you are going to be able to convince are those who already hate streamers and streaming.

i edited. sorry, it´s late here. read again.

Ok, I have read it again. Since my previous post was a reply to your first paragraph which you didn't change, my question is still: Does the much longer time magazines get to see a game in advance not count?

The danger that the experimental could backfire is something only the developers have to worry about. I don't think they do.

I really don't envy you guys making this game and having to put up with all kind of nonsense from people that won't accept any point of view other than their own. They always poisoning the atmosphere by finding problems and do not come up with solutions. Seen this crap at various workplaces since the late nineties...

Sorry, I skimmed that since you were talking to Jedo.

No way comparable? Maybe in your mind to bolster your argument or maybe that they are is in my mind to bolster mine, I guess. I can only say that I think they are very comparable situations with the only difference being that the magazine interview is last decade and streamers are today and the future. Other readers will have to decide for themselves if they are comparable or not.

As for not knowing it is the experimental version they are streaming that tells me you haven't paid attention-- not even to how the event was done last time before A16. Also you are repeating arguments that were proven false during the A16 streaming event. (Did you know this was already done before A16?)

You are arguing from a position of ignorance and prejudice. You don't know the successful results of the A16 event. You don't know that much about streaming because you aren't interested in it. You don't like streamers and view them as disgusting if they leverage their viewership into getting free copies of the game from developers. I think the only people you are going to be able to convince are those who already hate streamers and streaming.

You do not see the difference between a few magazine and 100 streamers? Or the difference between a few minutes and 72 hours? You do not see the difference between letting someone play it on the developers PC and giving out the keys?

well go on and argue. You can´t change my mind here. Not even an essay over a few pages will. But hey, it´s your time.

@hellsinki i offered a solution. give it to everyone at the same time.

Advertising used to work before streamers even existed. It´s not like you can´t survive without giving exclusives to streamers as a dev.

Also another idea: To make it more popular, give existing customers a few keys with a timer. Like those free weekends on steam. They can give them to friends who can play the game for a certain amount of time for free. I think this would boost the popularity of any game a lot.

And talking about free weekends on steam: Ever thought of that?

So there is alternatives that easily reach more people than just giving it to streamers earlier.

You do not see the difference between a few magazine and 100 streamers? Or the difference between a few minutes and 72 hours? You do not see the difference between letting someone play it on the developers PC and giving out the keys?

well go on and argue. You can´t change my mind here. Not even an essay over a few pages will. But hey, it´s your time.

Advertising used to work before streamers even existed. It´s not like you can´t survive without giving exclusives to streamers as a dev.

Also another idea: To make it more popular, give existing customers a few keys with a timer. Like those free weekends on steam. They can give them to friends who can play the game for a certain amount of time for free. I think this would boost the popularity of any game a lot.

So there is alternatives that easily reach more people than just giving it to streamers earlier.

Why look for an alternative? The streaming event for A16 was such a succes that its repeated (even bigger) for A17. I think your arguments can all be reduced to "i just cant stand the streamers getting the game before me" instead of what would generate more free advertising and popularity.

Cheers

You do not see the difference between a few magazine and 100 streamers?

The difference is the streamers will reach a much larger audience and actual game video is better than a few paragraphs of written word. An article in a PC magazine is the authors opinion. Watching a stream I get to make up my own mind.

Or the difference between a few minutes and 72 hours? You do not see the difference between letting someone play it on the developers PC and giving out the keys?

Again I see the difference as a few minutes of one person playing the game does not let the masses see the depth or options the 72 hours might.

This does not advertise the game. Without "exclusive access" there is no incentive for streamers to push the game for the weekend.

You're right....maybe we should send out an announcement over telegraph and hope some newspapers pick up the story. Heck if it was good enough in 1800's before streamers then by god it will be good enough today....smh.

Now here is an idea that would be worth discussing, however it is your opinion that this would easily reach more people than streamers. Do you have the numbers to back this up? Because the streamer audience may reach a million or more people. I doubt a dedicated fan base could expose that many people.

In closing (plays theme song to Frozen) LET IT GO.

You seem to be hung up on the fairness of this situation. There are a few things you should have learned from your parents growing up.

Life is not fair....

Don't sweat the small stuff....

All good things come to those that wait....

Patience is a virtue....

Or you can whine and rant incessantly that someone else has a shiny new toy before you....

Archived