I want this back in the game more than anything.

AiRJacobs

Okay I'll say something that was only shortly mentioned:

DO NOT GO BACK TO THE SOUNDTRACK!!!! If someone wants that... be my guest to mod it.

But it was SOOO repetative. PLEASE DONT.

What you COULD do is expand the soundtracks and add this one to be played on day 7 6:00-21:59.

But lets not go back! Because I do not want to avoid an area because of the repeating sound.

Maybe make it a fade in fadeout kinda sound that activates once there are multiple zombies around you that have not spotted you.

BUT NOT PERMANENT! Please.

Thank you

I did like the sound effects when I was wandering around, or at night was ok in my base. The constant looping sounds did get annoying after awhile in my base and I would turn the sound down or take headset off. If the sounds were triggered by events like previously mentioned that'd be good. Sounds do add a lot to the game, but need to be implemented well.

DO NOT GO BACK TO THE SOUNDTRACK!!!! If someone wants that... be my guest to mod it.

What you COULD do is expand the soundtracks and add this one to be played on day 7 6:00-21:59.

But lets not go back! Because I do not want to avoid an area because of the repeating sound.

Maybe make it a fade in fadeout kinda sound that activates once there are multiple zombies around you that have not spotted you.

Thank you

Here dude, hold my yucca juice and cool down.

Read the coments. Ppl are talking about increase the soundtrack of every biome, mixing soundtracks and a few clues about hordes, etc.

Thank you

No one is saying you would be forced to listen to it in a loop. It would either have an option/slider to disable it in "Options", or it would be implemented in a new way where it wouldn't be a looping track, but audio cues that would play to indicate certain events.

According to TFP the only thing removed was the long sound loop of those ambient noises. They said they are still there but now event based and random so there is probably something broken with them.

Their intention is to get them working and back in the game at some point when their priorities circle back round.

@Roland Are you saying that those old creepy sounds ARE actually in the game, but individually linked to events, both random and planned as I suggested earlier? If so, this is good news and gives hope to hearing them again when the bugs are sorted out.

yah never heard those before , definitely creepy and almost got my heart , the only downside of this is there is nothing to specify when you here those and after time they will be just noises , never played it before :) , but i think Roland addressed this issue he said they have long loop ambient sounds , so they might make it into 17 but they will be at events with decreased duration ;)

- - - Updated - - -

NM you got it first

This will probably sound weird, but I personally would like an option for retro 7 Days to Die with blocks just like it used to be long time ago. Just watch the old gameplays if you weren't around then and don't know what did it look like, there is some magic in that kind of simplicity in such a massive complex sandbox world full of zombies, skill trees, crafting and building features.

The sounds resources are in the game, as a loop in the files. They are not used.

If that's true, then it would be probably easy for modders to simply take the loop and put it on youtube for fans to play endlessly in the background while they play the game. I guess it would have been the same kind of experience and also rather interesting to watch the amount of views to grow to see how many players are actually interested in that kind of background sound lol

This will probably sound weird, but I personally would like an option for retro 7 Days to Die with blocks just like it used to be long time ago. Just watch the old gameplays if you weren't around then and don't know what did it look like, there is some magic in that kind of simplicity in such a massive complex sandbox world full of zombies, skill trees, crafting and building features.

You know what. I've wanted the exact same thing, but wasn't sure anyone else did. I would like a mod or a Retro mode in the game to revert the terrain and color pallet to the old Alpha 6 and prior days. The game had a charm to it with its style. I loved how the blocks were crooked sometimes.

You know what. I've wanted the exact same thing, but wasn't sure anyone else did. I would like a mod or a Retro mode in the game to revert the terrain and color pallet to the old Alpha 6 and prior days. The game had a charm to it with its style. I loved how the blocks were crooked sometimes.

I hated when the blocks got "crooked" as you call it, but on the other hand, I remember that I was also able to use tnt and auger to create a wide and really long underground tunnel which actually looked very cool in its own way, mostly because it was actually a very precise work as the walls were smooth. Nowadays when you do that, its all just blocks of dirt of different volumes and the whole thing looks rough, uneven and it's much harder to make it smooth like it would have been before. In short, the cubes had their own magic, but this way it's more realistic so we can't really have both, but I would love if we had an option to turn the "retro mode" on, simply for nostalgia.

Not sure about the sounds everyone's talking about because we only joined at 15.2, but yes ambient sounds are a vital part of immersion, and if too repetitive they do break it...

But we actually miss the big bad city at 0,0!!!

Just watch the video at the beginning of the thread. It's about old ambient sounds which made the game feel so different and unique.

Also, you should listen to the old 7 Days to Die theme, you'll love it:

If you haven't played Alpha 11 or even 10 then do yourselves a favor and opt into the beta tab and download the older alphas and give them a go. The ambiance between then and now is night and day. I've said it many times that the game took a step backwards in that department. Hiding at night in the wasteland or burnt forest in a 3x3 wood frame box with all those sounds around you was the creepiest thing. Its part of the reason I still play the older alphas because it has a creep factor that 13/14/15/16 have lacked.

If you haven't played Alpha 11 or even 10 then do yourselves a favor and opt into the beta tab and download the older alphas and give them a go. The ambiance between then and now is night and day. I've said it many times that the game took a step backwards in that department. Hiding at night in the wasteland or burnt forest in a 3x3 wood frame box with all those sounds around you was the creepiest thing. Its part of the reason I still play the older alphas because it has a creep factor that 13/14/15/16 have lacked.

This ^

Double This ^^

The newer alphas have brought a lot of improvements to the game. Ambiance is not one of them.

Archived