The Fun Pimps New Game After 7D2D: What would you like?

Odetta

what was the one they flew on dragons and incinerated the thread as it fell for if it landed the planet got infected....

it happened when another planets orbit came close

that would give flyng on fire breathing dragons (nice), scope for planet defense scenarios, multi player coop fits well, have to dig into ground to eradicate whats landed for hand to hand

Dragon Riders of Pern. Good books.

The Fun Pimps New Game After 7D2D: What would you like?

7D2D 2!

Just do the exact same in a SciFi setting with aliens/cyborgs instead of zombies, an rwgmixer that creates planetary biomes and ship/base interiors and prefabs/items to match.

With aliens/cyborgs the whole horde mechanism would suddenly make sense.

EDIT: The setting and creatures of System Shock 2 or Dead Space p.e. would match the game mechanics of 7DTD quite well.

what was the one they flew on dragons and incinerated the thread as it fell for if it landed the planet got infected....

it happened when another planets orbit came close

that would give flyng on fire breathing dragons (nice), scope for planet defense scenarios, multi player coop fits well, have to dig into ground to eradicate whats landed for hand to hand

Dragon riders of pern by anne McCaffery....one of my favorite authors

Dam...roland beat me to it....

I want to play AS a zombie! ....who kept most of its brains intact!

Infect the living and make allied thralls!

Women and children first!...on the menu!

Destroy solid steel walls with your bare hands!!

Meanwhile the AI is building forts...on stilts....and underground lairs.

-Morloc

I would love a game set in our world but with a dark "Upside Down" dimension you can travel to. Monsters can come through portals into our world and eventually you could travel to the other dimension. Things you change there would have an effect here and vice versa.

Think Minecraft's Nether meets Stranger Things the t.v. show meets Zelda: A Link to the Past

So basically a minecraft oblivion with the oblivion gates?I'd dig that.

I would love a game set in our world but with a dark "Upside Down" dimension you can travel to. Monsters can come through portals into our world and eventually you could travel to the other dimension. Things you change there would have an effect here and vice versa.

Think Minecraft's Nether meets Stranger Things the t.v. show meets Zelda: A Link to the Past

Pacific Rim....those movies sucked ass

I would like a voxel world above ground with some caves that are already in game....no below ground mining and huge hordes!!

oh and updates that don't take a year.

MTFGA

If they took the best elements of the Mad Max universe / customization and blended it with the level of settlement building in Fallout 4, it could be a beautiful thing. Upgrades get me every time. I spend far too many hours playing pointless clicker games with upgrade based progress. To me that stuff is heroin.

The zombie trend is absolutely dead, no pun intended. Focusing on a real world possible apocalypse is where I want to spend my money.

Imagine 7D2D with this voxel engine?

https://www.atomontage.com/#home-section

But my guess is they'll stick to Unity because they have experience using it.

That tech looks awesome! That would be absolutely nuts to have incorporated into 7D2D!

To touch on some other notes from earlier in this thread.....

I'm sure there are a ton of lessons learned from creating this game that TFP can and will apply to whatever they do next. I also agree with the fact that there's a lot of great structure, content, and concepts that have been developed that shouldn't be wasted and tossed to the side. Should they make 7DTD 2? I'd buy it and would be patient in the development process of that product. I've been playing since A7, I'm not going anywhere.

Everything they’re building into the game is modular so they will easily be able to re-apply things in this game to their next game. I can guarantee you they are going to build upon what they have developed for this game.

They’re not going to pull a “Scrolls”...

I'm scared of how different it will be to 7D2D. I hope it's not to different of a setting maybe just post-apocalyptic in general but continues building off what 7D2D has developed. I think it would be a real possitive thing if you had a setting that was more flexable than a zombie apocalypse but no aliens or space stuff. Just make the fun pimp style of Fallout please. I would welcome mutants and mutated creaters of course.

7dtd, except with monsters insted of zombies, this way they can really get creative with the creatures that inhabit the world, you can even include zombies as well as they are technacally a monster type. Locking 7 dtd to zombies imo really has limited what could have been done with the things we can fight, especally with all the zombies bascally being carbon copy clones.. I accept the carbon copy zombies now because optimizations haven't really been done as its alpha, but once they hit beta, these current zombies won't cut it. I'd also like a borderlands/diablo-like gear system with randomize stats on gear and such, even on crafted stuff. Could have a situation where this armor has an awesome buff, but in terms of actual protection its on the low end to balance the buff it grants.

TBH I was never a big fan of the gpsing horde every 7 days, The wandering ones sort of fit the zombie theme more, they don't gps, but walk in a pile near where you were/are.

Archived