HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

DUST2DEATH

• 3 weeks later...

The modlets all generally work.

The Main Textures at this point are not happening. Terrain is now in a array like blocks. So, we'll have to wait and see what/if/can happen in some time.

As for the shiny, yea, its just a texture thing.

I havent looked fully at what I can get to for textures, just know that I couldnt change the terrain (as the first thing I tested).

• 3 weeks later...

@Dust2Death:

Now that it is stable, any chance of an A18 compatibility pass for the modlets, particularly the Particles and Plants-Wind ones? As I recall, the latter was leaving the vanilla models in, instead of replacing them, and needed localization. When/if you have time, also a few possible new ideas for additions to Plants-Wind from this article:

https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/surviving-in-the-wild-19-common-edible-plants/

Edited by Cernwn (see edit history)

I am using the particles modlet and it works fine in A18 Stable ....

I am also using Plants-wind modlet .... it needs a new game start but there is a very very low random spawn (1 in 30 ish) of the old pimps plant model.

So still useable until the full compatibilty checks are carried out .

8Hwm8jxl.jpg

TYl2qs8l.jpg

I have had them installed since day one A18 :) can not carry out any of my modlet and mod testing without them ... Dust is really really busy at the moment ..

Ragsy!!

The modlets all generally work.

The Main Textures at this point are not happening. Terrain is now in a array like blocks. So, we'll have to wait and see what/if/can happen in some time.

As for the shiny, yea, its just a texture thing.

I havent looked fully at what I can get to for textures, just know that I couldnt change the terrain (as the first thing I tested).

Hey man, do you think you could make a small mod that just increases the density of forests, with the vanilla trees? Love what you've been developing man, thanks in advance.

Hey man, do you think you could make a small mod that just increases the density of forests, with the vanilla trees? Love what you've been developing man, thanks in advance.

No need, you can just edit the xml of the current biome modlets to increase density.

As Ragsy said, I have a LOT going on right now. No immediate plans to do anything here, yet. In time.

No need, you can just edit the xml of the current biome modlets to increase density.

As Ragsy said, I have a LOT going on right now. No immediate plans to do anything here, yet. In time.

Ah okay, thanks man. Good luck with the future of HDHQ and your other modlets and overhauls, your work is incredibly amazing.

The Biomes modlet sets generally work ok .. they give warning about a dead shrub that pimps renamed but work fine.

HDHQ Plants and HQHQ Particles work ok ...

The only thing that does not work at all due to all the changes in A18 is the textures overhaul system.

Ragsy !!

Awesome, i miss your lighting. Hows Performance, improved Over Vanilla? i dont know what all you did for the A18 Version. did you mess with distant terrain or anything ?

Thank you.

I havent done anything with distant terrain.

Textures are a no go.

I could probably improve performance of the biomes by maybe 30 - 50% but I havent yet

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your hard work. I played for so long with this on 17.1 that I felt lost without it on A18.

You're welcome.

• 3 weeks later...