But why?

Youguyssuck

How was 14.7 for console release stable at all? So something like the MD5 bug was in the pc version as well before it hit console and it still wasn't fixed? TFP need to get this game into beta, if they keep it going in an alpha state, there probably won't be a player base in a couple of years, kinda like DayZ and Rust. How long has this game been in development? I know on youtube I've seen a video that showed over the course of development, TFP has went through 5 or 6 UI changes. I kinda think TFP has lost their original vision of this game.

• 2 weeks later...

this game is the sh** tho, i mean come on its not that hard to make a backup every couple days, apologize to your friends about there not being enough room to join in mp, or having to break some blocks you clipped through. Ive been playing minecraft since early alpha and in the beginning of beta that game was so resource intensive it would fry your ram faster than you could say -xmx2048m. I've had a few unhappy moments but even after losing everything in the game it only took a couple hordes to build back up. The only thing that surprises me is that my PS4 stays so cool while playing this i honestly wouldv'e thought that the case wouldve melted around the frame by now XD Voxel games are the shiznat but have always been a troublesome lot. I already know i will be coming back to this game repeatedly over the years and cant wait to see how it evolves. I mean look at terraria that games still being regularly updated (sometimes only once a year or two) with lil feed back from the developers and when it was initially released in 2010-2011 there were only two bosses so its kinda hard to hate on something that is clearly still a WIP. Besides its gotta be rough running a small time Dev team chasing after a dream and working with 3rd party teams to port over your baby theres always coding differences/rewrites and an innumerable amount of bugs to be squashed, plus then you have to get approval and keep a line of communication open while both companies have to worry about keeping their employees happy. i would thinks it akin to trying to expand a small business into a franchise while also restructuring the heirarchy it just doesn't happen over night ya know and sometimes you think one thing will work great and then you realize it totally doesn't and you have to consider why and how your going to change it. I would honestly recommend to most console players to be happy with what you got cause support will probably be dropped after a couple years into the next console generation anyways and theres already talk of a PS5 flying around to be released in the next couple years

The problem is CPU not GPU

Has no one noticed that he keeps talking about GPU when the issue is, as has been explained, the CPU usage for processing with 7 days to die? It's a bit like comparing the transmission of two different cars when talking about their performance differences, when it is their engines that are the cause of their vastly different performances.

The minimum CPU requirement for running 7 Days is 2.4GHz

Recommended CPU for running 7 Days is 3.0GHz

The PS4 CPU is 1.6GHz

The Xbox One is 1.75GHz

As you can see the CPU usage for processing the game isn't even high enough for meeting the minimum requirement for running the game, let alone the recommended requirement for running the game. The PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are a bit better at just over 2GHz, but even that is still just the minimum for running it.

The console has to process every single block in the world at any given time, keeping track of any damage done to them, the textures, the location, structural integrity, etc. Unlike most games 7 Days gets compared to, the entire environment is completely destructible(with a few exceptions like traders) which also takes up a lot of processing power.

If I have any of this wrong, I'd love for someone who has better knowledge of technical specs to explain it better. These are just what I have been able to find based on past posts on this subject.

Has no one noticed that he keeps talking about GPU when the issue is, as has been explained, the CPU usage for processing with 7 days to die? It's a bit like comparing the transmission of two different cars when talking about their performance differences, when it is their engines that are the cause of their vastly different performances.

The minimum CPU requirement for running 7 Days is 2.4GHz

Recommended CPU for running 7 Days is 3.0GHz

The PS4 CPU is 1.6GHz

The Xbox One is 1.75GHz

As you can see the CPU usage for processing the game isn't even high enough for meeting the minimum requirement for running the game, let alone the recommended requirement for running the game. The PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are a bit better at just over 2GHz, but even that is still just the minimum for running it.

The console has to process every single block in the world at any given time, keeping track of any damage done to them, the textures, the location, structural integrity, etc. Unlike most games 7 Days gets compared to, the entire environment is completely destructible(with a few exceptions like traders) which also takes up a lot of processing power.

If I have any of this wrong, I'd love for someone who has better knowledge of technical specs to explain it better. These are just what I have been able to find based on past posts on this subject.

Plus the lack of RAM. I cover this in detail in the Sticky thread no one reads before whining about stuff.

It's a bit like comparing the transmission of two different cars when talking about their performance differences, when it is their engines that are the cause of their vastly different performances.

Hello.

Greetings from France.

You're 100% right.

Exactly 200%, as the dev kit used (or not) must also be considered.

Voxel dev kits are meant for PCs with large/huge resources (CPU/GPU/RAM). They are *not* optimized for consoles, just ported as is.

As long as a voxel algorithm will be used, consoles will not match any PC requirements.

Archived