Is it starting to be too much?

dan

The game is not complicated as some may think. Yes It took me about 30 hours to realise I had to watch some youtube videos about the very basic things . How to build and sustain a forge,how poles/upside spike traps are overpowered against zombies ,how you gain wellness and how to do basic gardening.

However PvP ?Now that is total garbage . You can't build both an anti-zombie defense for farming bloodmoons/hordes and survive human attacks. You either build poles and die from 1 level pistol humans or build underground and mine the ever living hell.

Honestly the problem with the game is the bugs and the balance but let's hope the fun pimps got all of that solved in A17.

A10.4 for me was the best, im hopeing that this rebuild into unity2018 will be worth it and bring back some of the feel of 10.4

with 3000 hours in the game, i agrre with alot of what you say but i also think the more it has the better, jsut plan your build and stick to it only you choose to over complicate things. you can surive till day 600 + as a nomad with just a crossbow if you choose. but people like me that like to build the ultimate fortress of doom. get to aswell it all how you look at it and choose to play the game.

Oh yeah Skippy I'm with you on the "Realism" thing.

First of all, Gameplay above all else.

Sacrificing it for realism is ALWAYS a mistake.

Secondly, Zombies and punching trees for wood and someone want's to say realism?

Aaaack. Come on.

~Lucky

Working-Castle-Tribute-to-A16-Plus-bonus-tips-video

I agree with both of you..

but punching trees to get wood is a lot more realistic than crafting perfectly aerodynamic arrows while smashing zombies in the face with an everlasting torch :D But quality of life features are a necessity (imho).

Ive never felt 7DTD was too intricate. I do feel that underground bases become too easy (but if you dont like it, dont build udnerground *gasp*) but i still do build underground because i just enjoy it. especially as a first base. I plan on doing the same for A17, just have to horde night it differently. So excited!

a lot of the complains OP had were pretty easily remedied. Just dont use 'em. Scrap / drop things you dont want. Dont use the electricity system, place wooden signs to help organize boxes.

But hey, everyone is different. People want different things, some want a more casual game, some want a more intricate game, some want time sinks but i want something different... i want to get paid to never work again :D

Archived