LOOKING FOR HELP - Weapon Modding

vitaminded

Hey... Im not the best at this, im just starting... but I think your gun model is not ok, xyth will probably have a better answer for this.

all I did was downloading the game you sent, added the AK5C model to the >mods>SDX>resources folder and then I replaced the "mesh in hand" on the regular AK item (didn't had time to make a new item) just to see what I was getting...

I got this....

AK.thumb.jpg.4f89a8d4457366df89a47532aa6db186.jpg

it fires do...

* I have done the same with other models I did and works fine... I think you need to redo the model.

hope you can fix it.

Hey... Im not the best at this, im just starting... but I think your gun model is not ok, xyth will probably have a better answer for this.

all I did was downloading the game you sent, added the AK5C model to the >mods>SDX>resources folder and then I replaced the "mesh in hand" on the regular AK item (didn't had time to make a new item) just to see what I was getting...

I got this....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24815[/ATTACH]

it fires do...

* I have done the same with other models I did and works fine... I think you need to redo the model.

hope you can fix it.

That just needs rotating 90 degrees in unity on the child object.

Look for paco's tutorial on advanced weapons in the tutorials & guides part of the forum, you'll see there that after importing a gun from unity store he adds an alpha 16 mesh (ak) to set the new gun into position and scale... scales are weird... fireaxes for example or other tools you need to set them about 2.5 scale to fit the proper way...

paco's tutorial is quite good, I was able to make a new gun following that step by step... size is good, flashlight working, animation for "fire" is ok... the reload animation you can see sucks a bit, because is set too slow I think... takes longer (a lot longer) than the player hand animation and I still have not worked on the clip... but you will probably be able to solve it checking that tutorial.

[video=youtube_share;ON_UyPzFci0]

Mesh in hand u mean this ?

<property name="HandMeshfile" value="#AK5C?AK5C"/>

Mesh in hand u mean this ?

<property name="HandMeshfile" value="#AK5C?AK5C"/>

yes i meant that, sry.

i already deleted your game folder sry, or i would copy the item code for you here, but all i did was add those 2 lines of code for handmesh and dropmesh *(or whatever they go like, you know what i mean) below the "mesh" code line in the regular AK of the game.

since im already here... anyone has a clue why im not been able to get the "assemble preview" on my guns? i did the guns as i said following the tutorial and everything works perfect but that. i fixed the animation,made custom icons, i have that golden pistol and one with a silencer working in game but keep having the old pistol preview.

since im already here... anyone has a clue why im not been able to get the "assemble preview" on my guns? i did the guns as i said following the tutorial and everything works perfect but that. i fixed the animation,made custom icons, i have that golden pistol and one with a silencer working in game but keep having the old pistol preview.

You need 2 prefabs. One with the name of the item, and then one with the item name and Preview attached to the end.

So the standard pistol in the game would be gunPistol and gunPistolPreview.

Archived