A17 July deadline - going to win $50!

angus31

Once they said July was going to be the "target" for A17 experimental, I instantly bet my friend $50 that they DEFINITELY would NOT release the EXP in July (Simply going by Fun Pimps history and ALWAYS being off/late on everything!). It looks like I am going to be $50 richer!

That said - one other piece of info that I found quite amusing is after A16 was released they (The Fun Pimps) SPECIFICALLY said "we want to release content in smaller batches so it can be more frequently". The funny part is since that statement we are now entering the LONGEST period EVER between releases LMAO! Love the game, love the work - but DAMN! There are devs with far less people/employees, waaay less $ and more complicated games who releases content faster than TFP's snails pace! lmao!

And no one can say "Well they want to get it right" - (See multiple bugs in each and every prior release and currently in game)

Anyways - Hope it comes soon!

And no one can say "Well they want to get it right" - (See multiple bugs in each and every prior release and currently in game)

It doesnt mean bug free. It means being playable without too much gamebreaking bugs.

Im getting impatient too, hope you lost your bet tho :p

I must say, this was a clever ploy to get A17 released on time. Roland will show this to Joel, who will rush a gameplay video, which will mean that stream blitz happens this coming Friday, which will mean that A17-E releases next Monday, July 30. We know that there never was any bet; you just wanted them to release it to spite you.

Unless, they saw right through your ploy, and they will in no way respond to threats (veiled or otherwise) and you will not get A17 for six more months.

Unless...

I must say, this was a clever ploy to get A17 released on time. Roland will show this to Joel, who will rush a gameplay video, which will mean that stream blitz happens this coming Friday, which will mean that A17-E releases next Monday, July 30. We know that there never was any bet; you just wanted them to release it to spite you.

Unless, they saw right through your ploy, and they will in no way respond to threats (veiled or otherwise) and you will not get A17 for six more months.

Unless...

I don't know, I think he is dead serious. He only post here and there with only 4 post. He "lmao" is what I actually find funny in his post. He obviously doesn't do any reading and research before making claims so he can laugh but mostly everyone else is laughing at him.

But anyway I did like your idea though for what it is worth lol.

Once they said July was going to be the "target" for A17 experimental, I instantly bet my friend $50 that they DEFINITELY would NOT release the EXP in July (Simply going by Fun Pimps history and ALWAYS being off/late on everything!). It looks like I am going to be $50 richer!

That said - one other piece of info that I found quite amusing is after A16 was released they (The Fun Pimps) SPECIFICALLY said "we want to release content in smaller batches so it can be more frequently". The funny part is since that statement we are now entering the LONGEST period EVER between releases LMAO! Love the game, love the work - but DAMN! There are devs with far less people/employees, waaay less $ and more complicated games who releases content faster than TFP's snails pace! lmao!

Anyways - Hope it comes soon!

You literally have NO idea what it takes to develop a game. If you did you wouldnt post such nonsense.

Gonna be 100% honest. I've seen the "ok this was a long one but we laid a foundation that will allow us to release more frequently" at least twice from TFP, and despite that, the release cycles get longer, not shorter, after which the same refrain is made. I've already seen more than 1 TFP employee or mod say that post-A17, it won't take as long because of the "foundation that's built into A17". Maybe it's true, maybe it's not.

I said this long ago, they need to have a second branch that focuses on the smaller fixes and minor features that can be implemented over shorter periods of time (this is what we can get done in the next 3 months), to be released as X.6, X.7, etc. They sort of do that (there are some hotfixes after major releases) but then the "big features" snowball into a 15-month sprint that's more of a marathon. Somebody in the dev team needs to be the evil tyrant and bring down the hammer on feature creep for individual sprints. It'll help a lot!

Gonna be 100% honest. I've seen the "ok this was a long one but we laid a foundation that will allow us to release more frequently" at least twice from TFP, and despite that, the release cycles get longer, not shorter, after which the same refrain is made. I've already seen more than 1 TFP employee or mod say that post-A17, it won't take as long because of the "foundation that's built into A17". Maybe it's true, maybe it's not.

I said this long ago, they need to have a second branch that focuses on the smaller fixes and minor features that can be implemented over shorter periods of time (this is what we can get done in the next 3 months), to be released as X.6, X.7, etc. They sort of do that (there are some hotfixes after major releases) but then the "big features" snowball into a 15-month sprint that's more of a marathon. Somebody in the dev team needs to be the evil tyrant and bring down the hammer on feature creep for individual sprints. It'll help a lot!

But if what they said is true then it really isn't going to matter because they are saying that A18 could be the last alpha/or will be beta. So at this point they should just do what they are doing regardless if it takes another year for the next one. Is it really that big of deal anyway? I guess to some it is.

OR..

Adding new feature breaks existing.

Fixing existing bug(s) break other things further.

It doesnt have to be feature creep that drags the whole thing down, merely just fixing existing bugs can.

CuvdOFeWAAAk5yl.jpg

I hope there are many more alphas to come. I love the concept of paying for one game and playing 10 different ones as we move along the dev cycle.

Yes, there is that. While the end of Alpha will signal the commencement of some welcome focus on optimisation, it'll also mean the end of major new content.

Yes, there is that. While the end of Alpha will signal the commencement of some welcome focus on optimisation, it'll also mean the end of major new content.

But....also the beginning of the next project. I'm ready to make another $30 installment for 1000's of hours of more gameplay

...I'm ready to make another $30 installment for 1000's of hours of more gameplay

Indeed. These guys have been really great. I've wasted sooooo much $$$$ on failed KS/EA stuff. I wish I'd invested in 7D2D.

-Morloc

Archived