Idea for Prefabricated doodads

Fonypan

There should be a special "prefab" world for people who want to make structures or other doodads. You'd make this world just like any normal random gen world. They can be single player or multiplayer to allow collaboration. When you make one of these worlds, you pick what biome, how close to a road, or any other relevant random gen information needed. You're then given a creative mode world that is only like 256 x 256 blocks or some similarly tiny world in which to build your idea. The small size of the map should make it easy to submit and upload to some kind of primary database for people share and download doodads, or for the pimps to decide to add it as an official random gen doodad. Maybe some kind of voting system could be implemented?

Is there a website (yet) where people can submit their prefabs (other than the forum section) at for ready view and download? With hals editor it is fairly simple enough to create prefabs in game and export them to file for sharing. I don't like submitting in the forums because I suck at the search feature and would rather a central site with browsing and categories. I would also encourage people to make the simple items, things that already exist, so we have variety in game, but that's just me. More graveyards, schools, houses, etc.

Archived