Alternative way to earn ‘Alexander the Great’

Waddlingdan

When alpha 17 eventually hits on consoles it would be a good idea if NPC kills such as bandits could count towards the ‘Alexandria the Great’ trophy/achievement, as it’s at least on consoles PVP isn’t really available to players through natural means and the only way to do this is through either boosting or glitching which really ruins the fun of earning the 100% or platinum but if NPC kills counted then it could mean players would have a natural way to earn the trophy/achievement and it would still make sense as a way of working towards the requirement as the NPCs in game are humans.

PVP kills would still count of course but this would be a great alternative for console users and those who don’t play much PVP!

Current workaround (need a LOT of in-game work for using such a massive stock of gunpowder --> very boriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing ) :

1) Play spitscreen

2) Use explosive ammo (crossbow explosive bolt or rocket), the AoE damage will kill the 2nd player and count for 1 PvP kill.

I haven't seen any games change achievements/trophies. Not saying no game has I just personally haven't seen it. So if a game has ignore this but I doubt they will change it. Besides you say "when" like the console will get NPC or anything from A17. I hope it does but it isn't guaranteed that it will happen.

If you got some friends you can play with make a seed and turn it into a mini game or something. Don't use the full map just one town. Each person picks a corner of a town and make a base. Either have zombies on or have them off. My opinion on would be better but have a war. If you can get 4 players 2 on one team and two on the other. Go back and forth with one another. It is something different and can be fun. Yeah it will take a little time and it isn't something you have to play all the time but before you know it you will get it. Act like no other towns are on the map and it is one group vs the other trying to take over the town. You could even play it as if the other team gets through the base all the way move to another town and start over. When no other towns are available start a new seed. Make a rule that you have 7 days to get your base up before attacking or something. Lots of rules and stuff you can do to make time go by faster. If you don't know many people to play with post here in the forums looking for someone. On the console you can look for a community on the game and find people on it also.

Like I said if they do great, I wouldn't get hopes up for then to change it though. What are you imagining that it arrives on console eventually? Are you talking about A17? It could not saying it can't but they have said and even got it in a sticky somewhere around here that no guarantee that anything more from PC will make it to console. So until it does again don't get hopes up. That is all I'm trying to say here. I will be all up for the change and definitely all up for anything extra they can put into the game. I just personally taking what they have said and until they say it is coming not to expect it.

If you do some along the lines of what I said above you will get the trophy before you know it and have fun doing it also. I guarantee you that you will have the trophy if you do something like this before they even release another update after the one that is about to come. You will be actually playing and not any kind of glitching or boosting. I got platinum back around November or December of last year. We had fun and it made things interesting. The first town we started in was a little slow to start with because of the levels and such. By the time we got to the last town on the map doing this we made many adjustments and stuff from the way we started to then. If you don't have to many people to play with look here on the forums especially when the new update comes out because several people will be jumping back on and playing.

Archived