Music creators?

Cotabucky

I admire your dedication to this. I don't know anything about music except for what I like. I definitely like a lot of what you've posted so far and I'm going to let it play while I play 7 Days to Die this weekend. One of my favorite (at least lately, it changes) songs for killing hordes is this:

While it's not really your style I like how it gives the zombie killing a playful rhythm.

LMAO! Not my thing either but I LOVE freedom of choice and would love it to be in 7dtd music coding!!! Arma3 has it and it is absolutely amazing what Bohemia allows us to do with audio!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Have you looked at the console command dms?

help dms gives the options.

No . I did see some new stuff in xml but was not sure. Are you saying we can stuff some custom music in there?? :)

- - - Updated - - -

I have an ogg converter and works great for arma but completely clueless for 7dtd

- - - Updated - - -

I just really want to do haunting background stuff mostly

Not sure how to use it, just noticed it in the console command list.

It is definitely for setting up background music in the game though.

Because it's a console command, server managers will be able to set it up.

To get some hints, when in game hit F1 which brings up the console and type help dms

That will give you the command options.

Might be best to see if any of the server manager devs have it figured out.

So, you don't have to hassle the devs on whether it's there or not, just how to use it. :)

https://soundcloud.com/user-113415938/hardened-heart If anybody cares to hear changes I have improved this track I feel greatly. I probably shouldn't post it to 7dtd but then again it is relevant overall because I do want to be able to make background sounds eventually in 7dtd. I know how to do it in arma3 and it looks like in recent game files like mentioned we may be able to.If not now hopefully in the future.

Hello everyone !

Super interesting thread. I also was really curious about how many composers/musicians were part of the 7DTD community, and was wondering when a thread like this one would pop out. :p

After checking out some of the compositions posted on here (great ones by the way !), I finally decided to share my own too ^^.

I post this as a total amateur, definitely not professional or composer lol.

So here we go, this is a little playlist I made with my short compositions about a "cyberpunk" world I had in mind (so yeah, maybe not the most suitable thing for a post-apo zombie game indeed :p) :

Hey what software do you use for music creation? I'm about to start making my own again.

I use Ableton 9 standard edition. I have a Novation Launchkey 61 on a budget ;) . I use Massive synth and Addictive Keys.https://soundcloud.com/user-113415938/insomnia My latest One night stand lol ;) . I do love mixing into games. IF we can do it freely it opens up so many possibilitys. Not just music but background sound!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
. TSBX thanks. Still alive :) .Kids are healthy and I am still alive lmao :) .I think that is a win so far ;).Always going to toy with noise and i also think thats healthy.My latest ♥♥♥♥ around with music.I look forward to putting custom music and sounds in games! I love the idea and always have!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
https://soundcloud.com/user-113415938/soul-pusher .Skipping out on 7dtd lately but will be back for A18 running a server likely. This track is still messy in alot of areas(especially mixing) and just an idea. I could picture this music style low key driving into a town maybe without Heavy kick drum and less percussion(triggered event). Getting ready for a zombie horde haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived