Map Editor/Maker

Moldy Bread

I can't be the only one who would love to be able to create a Navezgane sized (or bigger) map and share it with everyone.

My idea is for a easy to use map editor that could be used in game with things such as terrain tools, zoning tools (to zone what kind of zombies spawn where, sleepers, loot, weather and atmosphere and etc) and crafting tools such as a nail-gun that breaks any block instantly. Also for it to include a flatland option so we can create POIs (with the boundaries being determined by a zoning tool) and share them. Maybe even have a quest editor and etc.

I would love to be able to crate a fun map filled with sewers, horrors, dungeons and etc. But currently we lack the tool to do so, it seems like a must have in a game like this.

• 1 month later...

YES! PLEASE!

I prefer the random generated maps, but they can have some weird terrain features.

Roads that zig-zag, drop or go nowhere at all. And always a slew of different biomes jammed together. And towns that really make no sense as to where they're located or even in their layout.

That stuff can get irritating sometimes.

Yep...I too would like an editor.

If not a full editor, maybe something where you could go in and tweak a randomly generated map.

Something where you could straighten out those jumbled roads or edit the biome areas.

Or just a way to set certain parameters when you're generating a new map.

Things like the map size. The percentage of water vs land area. Your preferred biome. Urban and rural weighting. Predominant terrain style (flat...hills...island...mountainous...etc...).

I was thinking something along the lines of the options you have when generating a map in Civilization (5...for me anyway).

So...

YES!

PLEASE!

Archived