Game suggestion: Weather causing in-game changes to zombies, temp, ect.

Pichii

As an example,

A volcano erupts nearby and causes the sun to be blotted out, causing zombies to run even during the day for a few days.

Weather storm causing in-game lightning bolts to strike the ground and deal damage.

Wind storm that can push players and especially zombies around.

Floods and rainstorms, especially down river of mountains. Flashfloods too?!

Fires? Setting things/woods on fire?

Acid rain, requiring the hazmat suit?

Landslides?

What do people think about this?! :tickled_pink:

The floods definitely aren't going to work until the Devs figure out how to do water. The rest of it might be fun, but I think the landslides might not work for the same reason as water. I also would remind you of the notorious lag when collapsing large structures/drop mining. Floods and landslides might be a bad idea because of that.

Welll....

The floods definitely aren't going to work until the Devs figure out how to do water. The rest of it might be fun, but I think the landslides might not work for the same reason as water. I also would remind you of the notorious lag when collapsing large structures/drop mining. Floods and landslides might be a bad idea because of that.

Im hoping the improvements indroduced in A17 to the physics may help with this. :D

Clearly, if accepted, it wouldnt be for a loooong time. But still, i think it would be great fun.

If the physics worked correctly, I can only imagine the insane griefing you could cause by causing a landslide to topple someone’s base. Or purposely build a dam to redirect large amounts of water elsewhere? Perfect.

As an example,

A volcano erupts nearby and causes the sun to be blotted out, causing zombies to run even during the day for a few days.

Weather storm causing in-game lightning bolts to strike the ground and deal damage.

Wind storm that can push players and especially zombies around.

Floods and rainstorms, especially down river of mountains. Flashfloods too?!

Fires? Setting things/woods on fire?

Acid rain, requiring the hazmat suit?

Landslides?

What do people think about this?! :tickled_pink:

Disagree 100%, basically unavoidable events that destroy your bases tend to be bad ideas.

Disagree 100%, basically unavoidable events that destroy your bases tend to be bad ideas.

Then turn it off. :D lmao.

Also, damage=destroy? Interesting.

I said damage. Not destroy, that was someone else. :p

Add a lightning rod to the game. All problems solved for lightning. xD

Hell, even better, make the lightning rod able to charge batteries when it absorbs a strike. :D

Then turn it off. :D lmao.

Also, damage=destroy? Interesting.

I said damage. Not destroy, that was someone else. :p

Add a lightning rod to the game. All problems solved for lightning. xD

Hell, even better, make the lightning rod able to charge batteries when it absorbs a strike. :D

If it can DAMAGE your base, then it can DESTROY it. It's all about balance. Anything thats unavoidable and can't be mitigated in some function is just bad design. Saying to just disable it is still bad design because all features need to be balanced with ways to mitigate it.

The idea has been mentioned MANY MANY MANY times and comes down to that basic fact.

Now with the new system replacing wellness stuff like taking health/stamina damage during monsoons, blizzards, etc would probably be possible. Perhaps even dust storms in deserts, but things that effect your base or POI's that are unmitigatable are just bad design.

The weather can be countered by taking a different route, wearing specialized gear, etc. An earthquake sadly has no counter.

• 2 weeks later...
If it can DAMAGE your base, then it can DESTROY it. It's all about balance. Anything thats unavoidable and can't be mitigated in some function is just bad design. Saying to just disable it is still bad design because all features need to be balanced with ways to mitigate it.

The idea has been mentioned MANY MANY MANY times and comes down to that basic fact.

Now with the new system replacing wellness stuff like taking health/stamina damage during monsoons, blizzards, etc would probably be possible. Perhaps even dust storms in deserts, but things that effect your base or POI's that are unmitigatable are just bad design.

The weather can be countered by taking a different route, wearing specialized gear, etc. An earthquake sadly has no counter.

Lightning can cap damage at 50% to structures. Not hard code if you are already adding environment variables.

Also, Guess what? They are fixing or at least attempting to with A17.

See the new vids? Zombies are gona be destroying buildings enmasse now.

So much for your issues about 'destroying things causes lag' Its gona happen WEATHER you like it or not.

x'D

I also notice how carefree like you passed up my mention of a lightning rod to completely bypass damage but hey, you do you bro. :D

Archived