Labels for the map

Holly Storm

I have a small idea (I hope). How about being able to add custom labels to the map? Something like "good ore here" and such. I looked through the forums and didn't see this suggested or referenced. It could have a limit as to how many characters. No flags that could be seen on the compass. Just labels on the map. Love the game! Been having way too much fun...

[QUOTE=Holly Storm;141213]I have a small idea (I hope). How about being able to add custom labels to the map? Something like "good ore here" and such. I looked through the forums and didn't see this suggested or referenced. It could have a limit as to how many characters. No flags that could be seen on the compass. Just labels on the map. Love the game! Been having way too much fun...[/QUOTE] I like this ideal :) Sorta like shift click on the map then type in the label, good ideal.

• 2 weeks later...
I said the same thing to my buddy the other day. It would be amazing if we had a key with icons we could drag and drop on the map to keep track of things. Something like this. X = cleared POI □ = POI • = Spotted Iron Ore, or a mine entrance ○ = Spotted player base (friendly, enemy, unknown) This feature is a MUST HAVE in my opinion, so I really hope it's put into play eventually. When there are more features in random gen, this will become even more useful.

[QUOTE=Fonypan;141921]At the very least, how about being able to manually place markers on the map. Either different icons, or a point with a small space to leave a "note to self".[/QUOTE] Part of the usefulness of map markers is to help your allies in multiplayer games. So I'd really prefer if map markers could be seen by friended players.

Labels with text might be a bit messy but i sggree with icons/symbols with various looks. Symbols for base,outpost, safe, mine,farm,bag (for when we will be able to drop them) ore and im guessing car and people/npc will be needed. Maybe add a few more like X, O type markers that you can have your own meaning for as well. At a very least the aility to put more map markers then just the one. But if we will ne limited on how many markers to put down we also need a tab to remove older markers without searching all over the neverending random gen map for it to click it away.. When placing a marker maybe you would be given the choice if its seen by friends as well or just yourself. Everyone needs secrets so maybe you dont want to show everything.

Archived