For the life of me

Gamida

Am trying to purchase the 2 pack in steam as gift as they are on sale for $15 Canadian.

Bought them as gift but have no idea now where to go to finish the transaction.

Have bought game twice before but now can't figure out the steam store.

Probably as I am rushing because I am halfway out door.

Any help is appreciated.

Don't have computer up but shouldn't they be in recently purchased section? Or if you haven't finished the purchase are they in the cart? Trying to remember when I gave a copy to a friend like that what I did. If you haven't figured it out or nobody else responds before I get to my computer I will get back with you.

Ok looking at it I don't remember where I went to give a copy to a friend. It has been awhile but I'm pretty sure it has to be one of these options.

In your library see if the game is in it and see if it will give the option to send it to a friend/user.

Up at the top go to games and click manage gifts and guest passes...

Up at the top under view click on maybe game list and see if that is how. Currently don't have anything so not sure what options come up.

Only other thing I can think of is bottom right side click on profile and see if that brings any options up.

Sorry it has been awhile since I gave a game away so can't really remember exactly where to go. If none of those are how hopefully someone will respond soon that has done it often or at least recently that can be more of help.

Yeah I clicked on the purchase as gift because I already have my copy of course. It shows one item in my cart but when I go to pay for it I don't see any where to click to do it.

I thought I had seen one time that you couldn't buy 2 pack as gift but if that was so they should have the gift option greyed out for it.

I bought a copy for someone before also and don't recall having this much trouble.

I haven't paid for game so I don't think it would give me option to send to a friend yet.

ok so if I click on the single copy it does give me the option to send it to a friend right away. I was hoping I could purchase the game and save it until I made a new friend (:D). Guess they don't want people buying the game on sale now and keeping it for later.

The two-pack is for buying one for yourself and another for a friend. If you already own the game you cannot purchase the two-pack. I brought this up with TFP a couple of years ago because I thought it was broken and they gave me a contact person at Steam to email. After sending several emails I finally got a response and it was what I just told you. You can only buy the two-pack if one of those copies is for yourself. If you want to buy four copies of the game you have to buy four singles.

Also, yes, if you purchase the game from Steam you don't get a key to save for later. The game goes directly to the person whom you must designate before you purchase it. To get a key you have to buy it from a different source.

yeah, I mentioned I thought I had read one time you couldn't buy the multipack if you already owned the game.

The other thing though is I can't buy a single copy as a gift unless I give it to someone immediately. Was hoping I could keep a copy on standby for future use if I found someone that wanted to play as it was only $10 Canadian until July 5th

yeah, I mentioned I thought I had read one time you couldn't buy the multipack if you already owned the game.

The other thing though is I can't buy a single copy as a gift unless I give it to someone immediately. Was hoping I could keep a copy on standby for future use if I found someone that wanted to play as it was only $10 Canadian until July 5th

yep, nope. Gotta buy it from some place other than Steam if you want just a key to save for later. :(

Other reputable sources besides Steam, without links so I don't break any forum rules on accident, that I've either gotten copies from or seen on site for sale, typically US$10 or so:

- Humble (Bundle) Store - best option outside of Steam imo

- Green Man Gaming - personally have gotten a copy from here

- G2a - reputation a little spottier

- Instant-Gaming - same, probably okay but you never know

The sacrifices we make for gaming...

For the last time Gazz I am not buying you the game....:p

Other reputable sources besides Steam, without links so I don't break any forum rules on accident, that I've either gotten copies from or seen on site for sale, typically US$10 or so:

- Humble (Bundle) Store - best option outside of Steam imo

- Green Man Gaming - personally have gotten a copy from here

- G2a - reputation a little spottier

- Instant-Gaming - same, probably okay but you never know

Thanks for info...I had already checked out Humble Bundle but game was still at regular price.

I guess you could do that if your friend hadn't yet joined Steam or didn't mind managing multiple accounts to play different games. You could gift the whole account with the game already downloaded. The extra one would still have to go to a friended person on Steam.

I guess you could do that if your friend hadn't yet joined Steam or didn't mind managing multiple accounts to play different games. You could gift the whole account with the game already downloaded. The extra one would still have to go to a friended person on Steam.

Thanks man, I knew we would grow out of our disagreement from last year. You're a real pal. :)

Last year.......If Chicago knew that saying you’re sorry is so hard that the time it takes is equivalent to a TFP dev cycle they might have never written that song and I would never have gotten that slow dance with Kara Foster...

yep, nope. Gotta buy it from some place other than Steam if you want just a key to save for later. :(

Which is a big pain :p I did a Christmas give away, and gifting it was super difficult. Since there is no code, it has to be given directly. Which often does not work due to the region locks included too. And buying codes from "other unofficial sites" seemed to not be the right way to do it.

In the end, I had to paypal the game cost to even be able to give it away, which didn't give nearly the same satisfaction of being able to actually GIFT the game away :)

Ah well, such is how Steam works :)

/V

Archived