New mechanic: Wellness for beeing in the sun/fresh air

Viktoriusiii

Sooo... one complaint is often repeated and that is "bunkering" so underground bases.

To combat this AND to get some realism in at the same time, how about:

1. get wellness when airblocks around you (not blocked by windows(unboarded) and doors but every other solid block) in a 10x10x15 ratio are >800 meaning that if you only have one door and have a larger base, you get +0.0001 Wellness per 5 sec (numbers have to be tweaked obviously) but if you are below that threshhold , you get -0.0005 wellness for breathing "used air".

This would make windows a useful building block again, since right now there is absolutly no reason to get them except for aestethics.

Basically taken from reallife... if you never open a window or a door, you will use up air and its unhealthier to breath.

But more importantly everything underground will give you a huge detriment... since whenever you expand underground, you lose wellness, when you mine ressources you lose wellness and if there should be forges, every single one should give -300 on the total airflow. If the value is below 0 multiply the wellnessloss.

Also this would be a nice segway into Airfiltration systems. Either you make it locally (like a workstation) or you make it so that it has to be connected to the outside... which would be a bit more cmplex to integrate.

2. get wellness when in the sunlight. You aren't a plant... but staying indoors with only electric lights can cause several illnesses.

Which means that you would get wellness while outside (in sunlight like solar panels, checked every 15 seconds) and none when inside. Combined with the air wellness thing, this should be enough to compell different playstyles.

Soo... what do you think? (same rules as with the other proposal. I do not want mods and I think it would be a great addition to the basegame)

Half considering moving this to Pimp Dreams, as it's not really a mechanic the Pimps have talked about, but the issue I can see with it is that sunlight deprivation takes a very long time to have any significant effect in real life, and wouldn't make a whole lotta sense in the game.

1. oh cman... "Pimp dreams" is basically dead... but oh well... cant do more then ask for it...

2. that:

Half considering moving this to Pimp Dreams, as it's not really a mechanic the Pimps have talked about, but the issue I can see with it is that sunlight deprivation takes a very long time to have any significant effect in real life, and wouldn't make a whole lotta sense in the game.

is the reason, why it would just not give any wellness, while beeing outside gives u wellness. Just because of how motivated you feel. And those things happen within hours/few days.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense, but we already have some similar things that don't make sense like how beer makes your stamina go up faster. I would be okay with this mechanic. Adding onto that, maybe the weather could also have an effect, so maybe you get weaker when the apocalyptic overcast skies happen.

Archived