Finally Got My First PVE Server Ready, Looking for Recruits In Preparation for A17

Naz

Self Hosted, Fully Featured (Botman Player Commands,Lost Minibike Command,CSMM Player Commands) Server Economy & Shop Forthcoming. Server runs Simple UI Plus 120 Mod

Adults only please 16+. I'm a seasoned single player vet been playing since about a7 but after 1600 hours.... i'm lonely lol. Other than age no other restrictions, play style, ability all welcome... no trolls though thanks and just general courtesy don't be a D***. To celebrate the launch of my first server I will give the first 5 players a reserved server slot (All Gone!). I look forward to slaying the undead with you all cheers.

Check Out The Server Map

Join The Server Discord

Check Out This Temporary Server Page On Blogger (Placeholder Until I Get Around To Getting A Real Site)

Server Name: Naz's Survivors: PVE UK [24/7]

Server IP/Domain:http://nazs.game-server.cc

Port: 25000

Settings:

Random Gen

Difficulty:Insane

Zombies Run: Default (Day:walk Night:Run)

Creative Mode: Depends ask admin

Max Players: 20

Day/Night Length:120 Minutes

Daylight Length:18 Hours

Airdrop: Intended to be disabled (However currently have problems doing so, until resolved set to 600 hours)

Zombie AI: Normal

Drop On Death: Backpack Only

Drop On Quit:Nothing

Loot Abundance:25% (It's more fun trying to survive on limited resources + traders are everywhere)

Loot Respawn: Disabled

eac off (Causes me more issues than it solves, but don't get cute cheaters will be shown no mercy haha)

Hardware

My secondary pc should be able to handle hosting no problem (i5 4670K @4.2Ghz + 16gb 2400mhz ddr3) it's connected with ethernet and should be no problem leaving on 24/7 (has Ups as well) also have fiber (80mbps Down 20mbps Up) so hardware is no problem.

Sounds good, im in a similar set of shoes i used to have a group of friends on ps4 vers but i switched to pc, i play single player and have ploughed like 300hrs into it ha. but once you kinda achieve some in game goals its nice to mess around with mates or go on a bit of an adventure, it is kinda lonely without it. but i guess it is a simulation in terms of lonliness of how it would be surviving alone... whats the point if theres no one to share it with...right?

Only question is since ive not actually joined any servs on 7D2D yet is that im guessing the time still roll on even if im offline? Thats prob the only thing that puts me off it, im also a nightshifterwhich makes it doubly arkward to try find something thats not up all day so the times not constantly ticking. ex: me logging in and boom its a horde night even tho when i logged out it was only mid week. Any ideas? aside from making my own serv? is it possible to rent servs for this game? sorry ive rambled lol maybe i should of started a new thread xD

edit: also where are you located? would be nice to know coz if youre all the way on the other side of the world the higher pings could put people off

Sounds good, im in a similar set of shoes i used to have a group of friends on ps4 vers but i switched to pc, i play single player and have ploughed like 300hrs into it ha. but once you kinda achieve some in game goals its nice to mess around with mates or go on a bit of an adventure, it is kinda lonely without it. but i guess it is a simulation in terms of lonliness of how it would be surviving alone... whats the point if theres no one to share it with...right?

Only question is since ive not actually joined any servs on 7D2D yet is that im guessing the time still roll on even if im offline? Thats prob the only thing that puts me off it, im also a nightshifterwhich makes it doubly arkward to try find something thats not up all day so the times not constantly ticking. ex: me logging in and boom its a horde night even tho when i logged out it was only mid week. Any ideas? aside from making my own serv? is it possible to rent servs for this game? sorry ive rambled lol maybe i should of started a new thread xD

edit: also where are you located? would be nice to know coz if youre all the way on the other side of the world the higher pings could put people off

Yeah i used to be an xbox 360 gamer and switched to pc around 2012/13, mostly played single player since then, i've played some multiplayer but just never really made any friends lol

So first question the answer is yes and no. If people are online in the server time will continue even when your not on, but time stops when nobody is on the server though plants and things smelting/crafting will still continue though i think that's a glitch, stuff crafting on you freezes but stuff crafting in a workbench still continues. Plus side is you can set up a bunch of stuff smelting crafting growing then log off and depending how long you've been off it will all be done when you get back. Also if your coming from single player you will have to deal with occasional unfair zombie attack range but this is an issue of the game being in alpha and not optimized yet. I believe the pimps said that will rectified in the future also in multiplayer their is a slight delay when you open chests regardless of ping. I get it and the server is like 1-2 metres away lol but you get used to it and it's more of a nit pick thing again alpha.

Next question my server is running 24/7 so you can drop in and out anytime you want. My server has botman player commands so you can press your chat button (T Usually) and type /day7 and the server bot will tell you when the next hoard is and you can see the time and day in real time on the web map linked above. My server also has csmm teleportation so you can spend the server currency (Moogooes) on a base teleport beacon and if you join on a hoard night you can use the currency to teleport to your base. Currently you earn moogooes by playtime and discord chats but i have some more ideas for fun ways to earn, like getting a bounty payment for discovering a trader that hasn't yet been marked on the server map. I'll need to add more information on all the player commands available but you can always type /help in the chat to see all the commands or $help for the csmm commands in the mean time.

And i'm in scotland in the uk my server is running on a fiber connection 17ms ping 80mbps Download Bandwidth 20mbps Upload Bandwidth you should have decent ping times in the majority of the world but it will also depend on your network setup as well for best results use a wired connection if possible but the server is open so your welcome to join and have a look around and see if its ok for you. and like i said it's running 24/7 so you can drop in and out anytime you like.

you can rent a server but right now 7 days to die is 90% empty servers most people stick to one server and its difficult to attract new players and it costs money to rent a server you can look at the server partners part of the form for pricing. But yeah i think that's everything haha:smile-new:

Congrats on the home server. I have one myself although I just use mine mainly for testing mods and screwing around with settings.

Was skimming through the post and did a double take when I went over the server info...

Server Name: Naz's Survivors: PVE UK [24/7]

Server IP/Domain:http://nazs.game-server.cc

Port: 25000

My eyes aren't what they use to be and my stupid brain translated the name as Nazis Survivors, I have to slow down when reading :)

Congrats on the home server. I have one myself although I just use mine mainly for testing mods and screwing around with settings.

Was skimming through the post and did a double take when I went over the server info...

My eyes aren't what they use to be and my stupid brain translated the name as Nazis Survivors, I have to slow down when reading :)

:laugh: lol a couple of people have said that haha i struggled with the correct way to phrase it, i go by naz so its nazes? naz's? nazys? haha

Archived