Please make it 7 days to die and not 7th day of days to die

Zintage

I've noticed that new players that come in to a multiplayer server do not get 7 days to prepare for blood moon and they get zombies that are based on the number of days the server is active rather than how long they've been playing that server. Please fix this. Each player should have their own blood moon since it's 7 days to die and not 7th day of days to die. It makes new players leave servers because they get attacked too soon and have little to no time to prepare. It also makes everyone have to do the math of 7th day of days. Each person should have their own clock on how long they've been in the game. It should be an easy fix to have one person hunted on their own 7th day. The only thing to track that's new is how many days each person has played in the server (which may also already be there).

I thought the strength of zombies was based on the player's game stage? A new player should get easy zombies during their first horde. At least that's how I understand it. If they do the horde with higher level players, then there will be higher level zombies there though.

You can get mods (Server managers, plugins, whatever...) like Server Tools or Coppi's Additions that will announce when the next horde day is...I would check those out.

Each player does have their own blood moon horde. Unless they are in a group or near other players. If it's the latter, the gamestage is calculated for the group.

Also, zombie what spawn in the area are based on the biome settings. Lumberjacks in the snow biome are tough. Anything near the wasteland will give you some really nasty ones with ferals even.

Each person's gamestage is based on their level, how long they have spent on the server, how many times they have dies, and how long it's been since the last death.

Having a separate 7th day for each player makes no sense.

Additionally players can see the server clock before they join, and can tell that it's about to be a horde night. Well, they could if they would bother to pay attention. It's their own fault if they do not.

Unfortunately, I joined multiplayer and had 3 blood moons in a row. Every time I joined it was a blood moon. I don't see how that makes sense. It is rare that someone actually gets 7 days to prepare in a multiplayer. Unless you played for 7x24 min = 2.8 hrs then chances are you are going to join the game before 7 days and have less than 7 days till blood moon. I find this a flaw with multiplayer. It causes a lot of new folks to leave the multiplayer games because of this. Also, there are those that leave the game every blood moon basically to avoid it altogether. Having every person with their own blood moon would fix this. It would also make it great to show it in the multiplayer mode so people can actually help the hunted rather than everyone having to help themselves. I think it would be a great addition to the game or at least a good option to help new folks.

Unfortunately, I joined multiplayer and had 3 blood moons in a row. Every time I joined it was a blood moon. I don't see how that makes sense. It is rare that someone actually gets 7 days to prepare in a multiplayer. Unless you played for 7x24 min = 2.8 hrs then chances are you are going to join the game before 7 days and have less than 7 days till blood moon. I find this a flaw with multiplayer. It causes a lot of new folks to leave the multiplayer games because of this. Also, there are those that leave the game every blood moon basically to avoid it altogether. Having every person with their own blood moon would fix this. It would also make it great to show it in the multiplayer mode so people can actually help the hunted rather than everyone having to help themselves. I think it would be a great addition to the game or at least a good option to help new folks.

What this looks like to me is not a flaw in the multiplayer, but that you are going about it wrong...

It makes sense that the horde is every 7 days. If you have a server running 24/7..You would expect that you wouldn't get 7 days to prepare every horde. Now there is an easy fix to this "everyone having to help themselves". You need to find a good community you like to play in...

In my community you may not get 7 days to prepare but you guaranteed to have a base to run to if you are not ready. Not only that you most likely will have players there to have your back. A group that plays together well is what you need to find..

The non-password protected servers are a joke..Good luck having a fun time on there. Unless grieving is your thing.

If you are looking for comradery in this game, look no further and send me a friend request on steam. Aeshma . I have a Ukrainian trident in my display picture.

Is that a fix when players leave because of it? When 10s of hundreds of players leave during nightfall or blood moon I consider it a problem. Only the high levels stay with a few new folks and if they leave very few join the servers. It's just not a good setup. I'd suggest at least offering it as an option for starters and see how many servers adopt it. For one, everyone who wants new players to join would probably choose individual blood moons. It would also help load balance the waves of zombies at night for those that have the moon and those that don't. On another post I also added blood moon and night time skills that would show how many nights and blood moons you've survived.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't believe it could work.

Imagine several players, each one joining a day later then the one before. Now they all build bases near each other, perhaps next to each other. In the worst case, with say 7 players, you'd have bloodmoons everyday in that area. Or do some players see the red moon while others won't, even when standing next to each other? Remove the bloodmoon and howl?

Most servers simply offer a safe-room or public arena to fight in, or advise a new player to just dig a hole and hide, which can be quite some experience for them. many servers even ask you to log out so the others will get more zombies. And a seasoned veteran has no trouble finding a suitable spot, even when joining on day seven in the morning.

I feel this is part of the job of the server-owners/runners to handle the experience of new players. If that is too much for a new player, perhaps they should prepare better, play some more single player to get the basics down?

I don't believe it could work.

Imagine several players, each one joining a day later then the one before. Now they all build bases near each other, perhaps next to each other. In the worst case, with say 7 players, you'd have bloodmoons everyday in that area. Or do some players see the red moon while others won't, even when standing next to each other? Remove the bloodmoon and howl?

Sure, why not? I've always thought of horde night phenomena as a supernatural curse. The howl and the red sky could easily be explained as psychological phenomena. Also, the horde would only target the players who are on their seventh day, so people in adjacent bases would be mostly fine.

Archived