[06/06] Message from the Team

Clare

Interesting, however I will not be coming for any lap dances, lol

If you’re worried about accidental neck biting we’ll be taking precautions. If you’re put of by the undead nature of the strippers well, it’s the end of times, you can’t always be picky.

Very nice to hear some kind of insight Clare and team. Very exciting news. Excited to see the new Unity engine in place and being used. Can't wait for our sneak peak. Keep up the good work and know you have a lot of supporters out here too.

Thank God!

I've been waiting for info with baited breath the last few months, checking the forum at least every 3 days, as this is the only game my fiancee and I both love playing! I'm excited for more base defenses, honestly, but the magnitude of the engine upgrade is just amazing! I really didn't expect it!

I'll be patiently waiting for more news, and y'all need to know us console players might get frustrated, and some of us might get mouthy, but I'm sure there are many more just like me that hardly post but watch and support you guys!

Thanks again!

Hi all,

Below is a message from the Console Team on the update they're currently working on.

Clare

--------------

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on the next update for 7 Days to Die on console. While the release is still scheduled for later this year, we wanted to give you an update on what's to come.

As many of you have already guessed, we are currently in the process of upgrading the game engine to Unity 2017. This is something we’ve been working towards for quite a while and we’re thrilled to finally be able to share the news with you.

But what does this mean for the game and for you, the players? Upgrading to Unity 2017 means we can fix some of the more persistent bugs in the game, as well as add features from A15 and A16 on PC.

Thank you again for your continuing patience and support. We'll be in touch soon with more information about which features and improvements you can look forward to in Patch 14, which will launch alongside the engine upgrade.

The 7DTD Console Team

------------

Will graphics be upgraded on XBox One X? Thanks

hmmmm

were getting close to a17 on pc and we get a hohum hint of whats to come later in the year on console. smacks of tokenism. apprectiate you dropping in gazz.

i play both platforms avidly.

why so secretive on whats coming on consoles?

also as someone who (probably should) know, should i ditch the xbox in favour of a ps?

thinking future vr as well as #$/@ md5...

Think the insane mole has already said he has no plans for vr.

A year or so ago they said they may look into adding it after the game goes gold, but it wasn't a priority. It's questionable as to whether it would even function in a full 3D Voxel environment.

Will the map be bigger and will console players get new zombies

Yes on zombies for sure, and I would assume so for the map size. It will all depends on how well the new unity handles the ram.

Don't expect anything PC size, I would guess another maybe 2k in diameter.

Game Version

I'm glad consoles is completely forgotten about like some devs do, not going to name names or titles. I've seen bits in this thread talking about consoles is mainly a15 with bits missing, or has a bit or two from a16. I am curious to know is what version of the game will consoles end up on. With this upgrade to Unity will consoles also be moved to full a16? Will we get items from a17? Or will it be a long while before we get anything from a17 onto console? Is there information available as to the plans of console maybe getting on the same page as PC?

I'm glad consoles is completely forgotten about like some devs do, not going to name names or titles. I've seen bits in this thread talking about consoles is mainly a15 with bits missing, or has a bit or two from a16. I am curious to know is what version of the game will consoles end up on. With this upgrade to Unity will consoles also be moved to full a16? Will we get items from a17? Or will it be a long while before we get anything from a17 onto console? Is there information available as to the plans of console maybe getting on the same page as PC?

I imagine we’ll get certain things from a16, I’m doubt we’ll be full a16 but we’ll have to see. I imagine we won’t be seeing a17 stuff for a very long time if ever, depends on how it plays out on the pc. We are limited unfortunately on console, I’d just be happy for optimisations and no more corrupted saves.

Less bluescreens would also be nice, which should happen with more optimisations. I’m hoping theyre taking their time to make it run as smoothly as they can, I think most people would just be happy to play without the thought of the game crashing and the save going to crap. Either way I’m excited to see what’s coming.

I'm betting that the added optimization means more a16 features into the console.

Don't expect anything from a17 though. I don't see them bringing features to the console that aren't already mostly fleshed out on the PC.

Thanks, Im just hoping that Consoles at least get a Compound Bow, Vehicles/MotorCycle, Electricity, Paint and maybe a Helicopter. Then it would be perfect

Archived