Item and Block Images

Ank

Hello Survivalists,

i am currently working on my own online Recipes viewer that automaticaly parses the recipe.xml and visualises it. My only problem is the lack of item and block images. I downloaded some from a 7d2d wiki, but im not certain if i am allowed to do so. Also, they dont instantly have the newest images.

Is there a way to extract the Images from the games directory somehow? I have no experience with unity and would appreciate any advice.

Greeting,

Martin

Well, i got somewhere. The guys from the german 7d2d Wiki get them from the developers. As long as they are used in a 'private' manner i will get them from the wiki.

This link lists all images on the wiki. I used JDownloader to get all the images.

http://7daystodie-de.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Spezial:Dateien&limit=5000

Alternative link to the english wiki: http://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Special%3AListFiles&limit=5000&ilsearch=&user=

Have fun.

EDIT: I recommend the english wiki. More Images...

Cheers, this will make my life easier. I too was hoping to find a way to extract them from the game files so that I can have images auto update and add any time a new version is released but this will do.

Show us the finished product when you're done, if I like it enough I won't have to do all that work for myself :D

Well, you would have to get permission from The Fun Pimps to redistribute the file, but you could use Grim's Unity Asset Editor to extract the file Items3DPreviewAtlas.dds from sharedassets2.assets (an alternative would be to use generic images, and give users instructions on how to use that file to get the images into your application, making them do the extract themselves).

I finished a recipe editor recently. Did it by using UAE to extract the icon sprite file and the English translation file. I then ran the game in cheat mode and used the Dev item window with the translation file to get the ID of each item in the sprite file. Just been using the editor for myself. I wouldn't want to release it without Fun Pimps permission. I used the menu sprites from the game for the editors interface, and I don't want to get into trouble. I used the Csharp XML library to parse the recipe file.

I finished a recipe editor recently. Did it by using UAE to extract the icon sprite file and the English translation file. I then ran the game in cheat mode and used the Dev item window with the translation file to get the ID of each item in the sprite file. Just been using the editor for myself. I wouldn't want to release it without Fun Pimps permission. I used the menu sprites from the game for the editors interface, and I don't want to get into trouble. I used the Csharp XML library to parse the recipe file.

An alternative suggestion, include a basic template image that can be replaced by the end user (like an image to match the size and shape of the Items3DPreviewAtlas (is that the one you used?)) that just has colors for each item. Then the end user can extract the file themselves if they want the actual images from the game abd replace the colored template file (as an alternative to distributing the file until/unless TFP give permissing to use that file in external tools).

An alternative suggestion, include a basic template image that can be replaced by the end user (like an image to match the size and shape of the Items3DPreviewAtlas (is that the one you used?)) that just has colors for each item. Then the end user can extract the file themselves if they want the actual images from the game abd replace the colored template file (as an alternative to distributing the file until/unless TFP give permissing to use that file in external tools).

Yeah, the Items3DPreviewAtlas contains the icons of every usable object in the game, and the English.txt in the same assets file contains the actual ID names translated to what they're called in the game for a lot of them. Most of them use their real ID names in the dev items window. Just activate the cheat mode and hit "z". The only problem with releasing it without the icons is that, in my compulsion as a software designer and programmer to make things pretty, I used all the menu assets from the game for the interface of the app. It's basically an xml editor with the same drag and drog crafting window interface as the game. I had to create a few custom component classes to accomodate that interface, including a custom listbox and listview. You can load, save and merge recipe files, and add, delete and edit recipes. I just sent a request to The Fun Pimps for permission to release it on the forum with the game assets included. Just have to wait and see if they even answer.

Archived