Unimportant A17 feature: The HP Bar!

fragtzack

Unimportant A17 feature: The HP Bar!  

338 members have voted

1. 1. Unimportant A17 feature: The HP Bar!

• It should be completely removed from the code. It represents bad game design.
    • It should stay and be hard coded in. It represents superior game design.
    • It should be commented out but remain in code so those who want it can try it.
    • It should stay but be able to be toggled in the options menu.
    • It should stay but take a different form
    • It should stay but only appear after an enemy is damaged
    • It should be removed for all but bosses and regens
    • It should stay AND the game should become turn-based. Go action points!
    • It and everything else should go. Invisible HUD FTW
    • It should stay but only show if you buy it as a perk.

I'll hold breath until demands are met.

I demand rainbow spectrum hit point bars. Ones that pulse to a heartbeat sound that gets louder and louder the closer a zombie is to death. The bar should also grow larger....or "puffy" in its animation style. If the zombie has any effects on it the rainbow spectrum hit point bars should leave "trails" on the screen to signify what the zombie would be feeling. If the zombie is burning, then there should be a fiery trail behind the moving rainbow spectrum hit point bar. If the zombie is stunned, then perhaps a twitchy bar would be in order.

Horde night image below you can clearly see exactly what's wrong with each zombie....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQF14Ip2LFGasEfp_eUkdV1YNLDnpCdiFEwayfPoQKCQEuOoY5jnA

-Morloc

I want the graphics to be entirely represented by ascii characters or ELSE!!

It should stay but make it an option. It should only apply to bosses and regens and only then once they've been damaged. Also, I'd suggest changing it from a bar to a circle around the pointer. Line of site should be considered as well as distance. Just because you can see it from a long way off doesn't mean you can tell how damaged it is.

Here's an idea. How about you make it toggleable on the world creation part, and on servers they have an option to enable or disable HP bars. I honestly like the idea of HP bar, but it should be disabled on Sleepers until you can verify if they are dead or not.

• 2 weeks later...

You should be able to tell a zombie has been beaten, hacked and shot, but the hit point bar isn't a good answer to it. A good answer to it would be visible changes in the zombie texture.

If we must go hit point bar, then it should be something discrete. Say, for example, a circle that gets filled like the XP indicator in some mods, and appears *only* when you hit a zombie, and then fades away. Preferably showing total damage, and not percentage of damage needed to kill.

I'll hold breath until demands are met.

I demand rainbow spectrum hit point bars. Ones that pulse to a heartbeat sound that gets louder and louder the closer a zombie is to death. The bar should also grow larger....or "puffy" in its animation style. If the zombie has any effects on it the rainbow spectrum hit point bars should leave "trails" on the screen to signify what the zombie would be feeling. If the zombie is burning, then there should be a fiery trail behind the moving rainbow spectrum hit point bar. If the zombie is stunned, then perhaps a twitchy bar would be in order.

Horde night image below you can clearly see exactly what's wrong with each zombie....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQF14Ip2LFGasEfp_eUkdV1YNLDnpCdiFEwayfPoQKCQEuOoY5jnA

-Morloc

I think these should be colored like pride flags instead, how else am I supposed to know the zombies' gender identity and orientation? I'm not going to assume xyr gender!

Surely the UI you propose wouldn't be verbose enough.

I think these should be colored like pride flags instead, how else am I supposed to know the zombies' gender identity and orientation? I'm not going to assume xyr gender!

Surely the UI you propose wouldn't be verbose enough.

Yes! We demand equal rights for LGBT zeds!

I like it. I like when games UI give me all the info. Difficulty should not be something achieved with bad/uninformative UI.

I love stats, and info about everything. It doesnt harm my immersion at all.

Still, a toggable option is good for everybody.

Archived