Treasure in/under POIs

Psychodabble

So I love the treasure hunt aspect of 7DtD and always max out the related perk ASAP. Yesterday, I had a weird new experience.

I activated a map, hopped on my minibike, and rode out to the location. To my surprise, it led me to a hospital POI. I rode around the hospital, figuring that the treasure must be just on the other side, but after one full loop, I realized that the treasure was IN the hospital. I hopped off my bike and headed in.

After localizing the ping to a side room, I busted out the floor and started digging...and digging...and digging. After digging a great big hole and finding no treasure, I started to suspect that something was wrong. Since I had never seen a treasure generate under a POI before, I figured maybe it was somewhere above me. Floor after floor yielded no treasure until I finally reached the roof...still nothing.

Has anybody seen anything like this before? Any ideas as to where to find the treasure? That little blip on my compass is going to annoy the crap out of me until I find it...

We had a similar experience in my coop server. The treasure was close to a POI (a house) but after digging about 8-10 blocks down through the entire 'treasure' zone, we still couldn't find it.

So I love the treasure hunt aspect of 7DtD and always max out the related perk ASAP. Yesterday, I had a weird new experience.

I activated a map, hopped on my minibike, and rode out to the location. To my surprise, it led me to a hospital POI. I rode around the hospital, figuring that the treasure must be just on the other side, but after one full loop, I realized that the treasure was IN the hospital. I hopped off my bike and headed in.

After localizing the ping to a side room, I busted out the floor and started digging...and digging...and digging. After digging a great big hole and finding no treasure, I started to suspect that something was wrong. Since I had never seen a treasure generate under a POI before, I figured maybe it was somewhere above me. Floor after floor yielded no treasure until I finally reached the roof...still nothing.

Has anybody seen anything like this before? Any ideas as to where to find the treasure? That little blip on my compass is going to annoy the crap out of me until I find it...

The treasure is always under the ground. The chest is there but it will never be in the poi itself, always under it.

The only exception might be a poi with an underground aspect in which I have no clue how it would work.

You can always turn on dm mode and go underground and you will see it

The treasure is always under the ground. The chest is there but it will never be in the poi itself, always under it.

The only exception might be a poi with an underground aspect in which I have no clue how it would work.

You can always turn on dm mode and go underground and you will see it

Sorry, that is not true. I went to help someone find their treasure as they had dug out in under a poi and was afraid any more digging would collapse it. I flew underground to check but couldn't find it anywhere. Someone mentioned it could be inside the building so I checked and there it was sitting as pretty as could be in the attic on the floor.

Another one just after that was in the ceiling of the overhang of a garage poi. It had replaced a block in the ceiling.

OyMltjo.jpg

Sorry, that is not true. I went to help someone find their treasure as they had dug out in under a poi and was afraid any more digging would collapse it. I flew underground to check but couldn't find it anywhere. Someone mentioned it could be inside the building so I checked and there it was sitting as pretty as could be in the attic on the floor.

Another one just after that was in the ceiling of the overhang of a garage poi. It had replaced a block in the ceiling.

OyMltjo.jpg

I stand corrected then. I've had it spawn under several POIs and I've never once had it spawn like that.

I stand corrected then. I've had it spawn under several POIs and I've never once had it spawn like that.

I haven't been treasure hunting in a long time so I didn't know about it being able to spawn inside buildings until that time some one told me. These 2 spawns I mentioned happened within maybe a (RL) day or so. I even think it was the same person if I recall. We had a good laugh over how the chest was just sitting in the attic all the time he was digging all over the place.

Well I play in a closed group and the 3 members that usually do the treasure hunting have a few 'notes' in that its seldom below 3 blocks from the surface, BUT it can be lower. If under water then its usually visible and it is possible to find it 'above ground.' At times its in the block 'for the ground' - IE: Has replaced the 'ground block' and is therefore visible (which I have seen myself). Albet 'we've only had one time where one of the hunters said it was inside the walls of a POI.

The block for the chest does not spawn until you are near. It uses GetHeight and takes 3 off the y, so it will be 3 blocks below the top block (special case for liquids, will drill down till it finds the first non liquid and plop it on top).

While playing on my favorite server, I activated a treasure quest. I had the Treasure Hunter perk maxed out, and the compass indicated that it could be under the Poopy Pants Daycare POI. So I dug down into the asphalt, and started mining around under the area. It soon became obvious that something wasn't right, because it was nowhere to be found in the ground. Ok, so maybe it's on the roof? I checked the roof, but saw nothing. Then I checked inside the POI, but couldn't find it. Not even one of the server admins could figure out where it was. I was about to cancel the quest when he said he wanted to check one more thing.

He found it, inside the roof above the area outside the front door after clipping into the roof. That part of the building has no open spaces, it's all solid blocks. I cut into the roof and found it. So, not only can treasure chests spawn on roofs, but also in walls and other parts of buildings with no open space around it. Skip to 17:36 in the video to see the area I'm talking about, above the drive-thru between the front door and columns.

Archived