Request for Shopping Mall like in Dawn of the Dead

danh2os

After playing many hours of 7dtd I started having 7dtd dreams. Last night I had one where my character came across a shopping mall much like the one in Dawn of the Dead (1978). Had a few of thoughts on the features... 1) Very difficult to get into due to automated security systems and/or security doors. 2) The various stores would also be very difficult to penetrate. Steel doors, etc. 3) The security office would be hidden, like a secret room, and have firearms. 4) Gotta have the mall music. 5) The place would be filled to the brim with all manner of zombies and would need to be cleared out. 6) Each store would have a appropriate merchandise to loot. 7) NPC biker gang would try and take over every 7 days. 8) Helicopter landing pad on the roof. Anyone have any other ideas? - Dan

[QUOTE=danh2os;139800]After playing many hours of 7dtd I started having 7dtd dreams. Last night I had one where my character came across a shopping mall much like the one in Dawn of the Dead (1978). Had a few of thoughts on the features... 1) Very difficult to get into due to automated security systems and/or security doors. 2) The various stores would also be very difficult to penetrate. Steel doors, etc. [/QUOTE] Hate to break it to you but the doors are not the only ways in :) If the door is steel or tungsten, I would look for a window to break into. If there are no windows, I would just pickaxe a wall or use an Auger if I had one. Sometimes the brick walls are softer than the steel doors.

[QUOTE=Shiek4d5;139849]Hate to break it to you but the doors are not the only ways in :) If the door is steel or tungsten, I would look for a window to break into. If there are no windows, I would just pickaxe a wall or use an Auger if I had one. Sometimes the brick walls are softer than the steel doors.[/QUOTE] Yeah good point, maybe they could come up with some materials we can't craft or are very difficult to find the resources for and make some parts of the game more difficult to gain access to. - Dan

[QUOTE=danh2os;139899]Yeah good point, maybe they could come up with some materials we can't craft or are very difficult to find the resources for and make some parts of the game more difficult to gain access to. - Dan[/QUOTE] Even if the building has really tough walls around it, it may be softer above or below. Just dig a tunnel under Jailbreak style and enter from below, or make a ladder or nerd tower up to the roof.

Loot in the malls should be katanas, pickaxes and shovels and axes (which we already have but they would be more easy to find in the mall), all the guns in the game would be able to be found in the gun store, plus new weapons we don't have yet which should be an AK-47, a SPAS-12 shotgun, and a taser. Food could be found in the mall obviously. New food should be energy drinks, milkshakes, and burgers. And you said you wanted a biker gang to spawn in the mall every 7 days, so you know what would be awesome!? You can find one of their motorcycles in the mall. If you gas it up you can ride out of their like a bad a** and drive straight through the glass doors and take out a couple zombies with it!

[QUOTE=7DaysToDieIdeas;140402]Loot in the malls should be katanas, pickaxes and shovels and axes (which we already have but they would be more easy to find in the mall), all the guns in the game would be able to be found in the gun store, plus new weapons we don't have yet which should be an AK-47, a SPAS-12 shotgun, and a taser. Food could be found in the mall obviously. New food should be energy drinks, milkshakes, and burgers. And you said you wanted a biker gang to spawn in the mall every 7 days, so you know what would be awesome!? You can find one of their motorcycles in the mall. If you gas it up you can ride out of their like a bad a** and drive straight through the glass doors and take out a couple zombies with it![/QUOTE] I see the biker gang spawning somewhere outside the mall and trying to take the mall for themselves. Like in the movie. Oh yeah, I'm hoping for motorcycles and other vehicles. I could go on and on. I hope this game keeps getting updated because it's one of my favorite games already. Keep up the good work pimps! - Dan

Archived