Will I get good performance when playing 7 Days To Die on this laptop?

The only computer I could see it run 7dtd at constant 120 fps even with 100+ zombies on screen at once was one with 4 Intel i7-7820HK processors, 128 gigs of ram 2 GTX 1080 and 2TB SSD and it costed over 160,000 EGP (equivalent of $9000) and I guess no one is ever gonna buy such PC even if he has that much money.

Nope, doesn't matter how much money you throw at it, the game itself restricts it's own performance capability. When running the game, both my CPU and GPU are just sitting there at around 30% - 50% usage while playing the game and there's plenty of ram available, the game just isn't using it. Also, I really doubt this game benefits from SLI. And There's a few graphics cards that are better than GTX 1080. GTX 1080 TI, Titan XP, Titan V and there's a few limited edition cards that no one but special ppl can get. Also, as far as I'm aware, only servers can have 128GB of ram, so you'd have to go with an i9 or Threadripper or even AMD EPIC CPU which are all slower per core than an i7 7700k.

I just want to know why games like 7dtd stretch their ram consumption?

I remember that I used to play alpha 16.4 on a PC with core i5 2.4 ghz and only 4 gigs of ram and the game used only about 1~2 gigs, now with the new laptop I found that the games uses 4+ gigs at times, even if I lower the view distance to reduce the amount of loaded chunks.

I just want to know why games like 7dtd stretch their ram consumption?

I remember that I used to play alpha 16.4 on a PC with core i5 2.4 ghz and only 4 gigs of ram and the game used only about 1~2 gigs, now with the new laptop I found that the games uses 4+ gigs at times, even if I lower the view distance to reduce the amount of loaded chunks.

4 GB is not enough for the game actually. The reason why the game previously used only 2 GB of your 4 GB is that approximately a half of the whole ram was used by the OS itself and maybe some other stuff running in the background, but it doesn't mean that the game can do with just 2 GB, it probably had to use pagefile, which is a virtual memory stored on your hdd. In that case, you could encounter performance issues before simply because hdd is slower than ram. However when you play on this new laptop, it most likely comes with bigger ram. Maybe 8 GB, or even 16 GB? That means the game can actually use more of the physical ram instead of using the pagefile on your hdd. That would explain why it looks like the game previously needed less ram. That's not really true, it just didn't have enough ram to use in the first place and had to use pagefile instead.

Archived