A16 - Medieval Mod (SDX)

Guppycur

well i can run undead legacy for about 4 hours before that lags out so

This mod has a large number of assets that load into memory, so that will be your biggest issue. I didn't even know you could run the game on 4gb ram.

To be honest I'm surprised you can run 7days in vanilla, and will likely not have a lot of luck with medieval... but you can always try :)

oh ive also ran undeadlegacy on max settings so i think im good :)

The concern wouldn't be CPU or GPU speed, but rather your total memory. This mod will load a lot of unity assets into RAM. If you run out of RAM, you'll start swapping, and this will drastically hurt your performance.

The other mods you've mentioned change a lot, and add a fair amount of content, but they wouldn't add the sheer number of assets that need to be loaded into memory. It will take more memory than nearly any other mod out there. Other intensive mods out there use UMA zombies, and you take a memory hit there. However, once generated, they aren't that bad, and can be unloaded as the game progresses. The unity assets will not be so kind, and will stay in memory.

By all means, give the mod a try when it gets released. However, don't be surprised if you start having issues with memory; You may not even be able to finish loading into the menu, honestly.

I play it on a laptop with an nvidia gpu, but it's 12gb ram and a decent processor on an ssd. We group the spawn groups so you're not being slammed with 10 entity types... No more than 3, 4 types at a time.

And, it makes sense.

A17 offers so many features that would ridiculously benefit this mod, it almost caused us to not bother...

...instead, we decided to split the mods into books (parts), where the a16 version (book 1, blight) introduces the player to a world where magic is new, and not readily useable.

Book 2 will be a bit into the future, on a17, and will have player useable magic, and it will take advantage of the features a17 will bring.

The good news is that a lot of the work has already been done, and simply not used in book 1 because it doesn't fit thematically (elves, dwarves, spells).

Edited by Guppycur (see edit history)

The is a bug in vanilla code that is resulting in an nre due to the quantity of prefabs used in one biome, and it needs a patchscript to prevent it (light updates not being thread safe and crashing the chunk generator thread). Other than that I think we've sorted most of the nres in code and just need a small adjustment to the horse to prevent the saddle from bugging out sometimes when you die.

Outside of that there are plenty of bits that need work in the xmls, but nothing that is preventing it from being playable :)

a17 will change large parts of the mod so even after a17 drops it will take a while to get it back up to speed, so consider this first book to be very much a test of all the parts but in no way streamlined or balanced :)

I've discovered no issues so far with the dedi build, so should be as stable as the SP version; )

It's a big beast tho... 4gb ram just to hold all the assets after server finishes loading ;)