Anyway to reduce gas barrel crafting time?

Scyris

Besides perks, I mean in the xml's its in there as oilbarrel iirc. In a previous alpha there used to be a time setting in recipies, but that changed in a16. So I am wondering how do you reduce the craft times of things like this now?

There's an XML property called something like "IngredientCraftingTime" or something close. Set that to really low on the gas can. 600 of those go into a barrel, that's why it takes so long.

In the recipes.xml file, find this line (search for 'oilBarrel' should get you there)

<recipe name="oilBarrel" count="1" craft_exp_gain="0">
<ingredient name="gasCan" count="600"/>
</recipe>

To the recipe, add the craft_time property like this:

<recipe name="oilBarrel" count="1" craft_exp_gain="0" [color="#00FF00"]craft_time="20"[/color]>
</recipe>

This will make gas barrels take 20 seconds to craft without investment into the crafting skills. If you want a different time, just change the value of craft_time property and you're good :D

The problem with changing the craftIngredientTime property of gasCan in items.xml is that it will change every recipe that uses gas cans that does not specify a craft_time property in recipes.xml, such as rockets and molotovs. Applying the craft_time property in recipes.xml means you only change that one crafting recipe's timer rather than everything that uses the gas cans. :D

Depending on your needs, you may be able to take a bite out of your conversion "time" but utilizing the workbench (or several). I always offload my oil barrel creating jobs to my workbenches and just walk away. With multiple queues going, you really cut into the vanilla time.

-Morloc

In the recipes.xml file, find this line (search for 'oilBarrel' should get you there)

<recipe name="oilBarrel" count="1" craft_exp_gain="0">
</recipe>

To the recipe, add the craft_time property like this:

<recipe name="oilBarrel" count="1" craft_exp_gain="0" [color="#00FF00"]craft_time="20"[/color]>
</recipe>

This will make gas barrels take 20 seconds to craft without investment into the crafting skills. If you want a different time, just change the value of craft_time property and you're good :D

The problem with changing the craftIngredientTime property of gasCan in items.xml is that it will change every recipe that uses gas cans that does not specify a craft_time property in recipes.xml, such as rockets and molotovs. Applying the craft_time property in recipes.xml means you only change that one crafting recipe's timer rather than everything that uses the gas cans. :D

Ahh I didn't know craft_time was still a thing, as I noticed it was completly removed from the recipies.xml I figured it was gone entirely. Glad I was wrong, that should fix my problem. Think i'll set it to 2 minutes base with no skill.

Depending on your needs, you may be able to take a bite out of your conversion "time" but utilizing the workbench (or several). I always offload my oil barrel creating jobs to my workbenches and just walk away. With multiple queues going, you really cut into the vanilla time.

-Morloc

I have a bad habit of wrenching every car I come across once I hit 40 construction tools, so I generally make these barrels on the fly.

I have a bad habit of wrenching every car I come across once I hit 40 construction tools, so I generally make these barrels on the fly.

That's not a bad habit!...that's being obsessively thorough; and I support this way of thinking ;)

I hear ya....making bbls on the fly would be a LOT less aggravating if we could swap the positions of the queued up jobs (to scrap that doorknob, or shirt etc.).

-Morloc

• 4 months later...

I did the craft_time="20" trick on oil barrels in my game and now they craft in 5 seconds each. Not sure why 20 = 5 seconds, but thank you very much for getting the crafting time down for me. Perhaps it is still taking into account whichever skill to reduce craft time?

Archived