Immersive Startup (Suggestion)

colopctech

I have enjoyed this game since the kickstarter, but one thing bugs me, how did I get here? How come I am a few feet from a old house and car, but naked? (Joke implied)

I would like a object "behind" the player when they spawn, a wrecked helicopter, pile of burned clothes, etc. This can be part of the spawn code, heli, player, car, house.

Just would help explain how you got there for people who are just getting exposed to the game, and I have suggested it to a few, and invariably, they ask if they missed part of the start.

Thank you for reading.

WEll yea.. the party was easy to explain, I think I woke up in college with random food more often than not. I still want to know how we get the canned goods open... but that is for another post.

Thank you for the welcome, I wanted to contribute more than just kickstarter and using the steam connection to show off the game.

LOL I'm more concerned why I've got a random canned good, torch, jar of water... And no clothes. Sounds like someone woke up after a hard night of partying ;)

Just noticed, welcome to the forums!

Problem is youre looking at the game as if it was finished. If you look at the game as an alpha/beta game, its not a problem at all. When youre testing a game you dont want this s***t there, you wanna spawn and have the basic items and do some other stuff. The reason why youre given these items is that newbies wont die in 1 second, its not about immersion or realism, just game difficulty. Im sure game will make more sense once its released.

Although Ive seen this stuff not being done in other games and it started massive amounts of game theories like aliens and stuff. Speaking of which, if a conspiracy theorist looks at 7dtd now, they can clearly see that the character was captured by aliens (probably the Predators) and thrown drugged back to zombie infested Earth with some starting gear to make the show/hunt interesting. I just hope 7dtd devs wont be so lazy and will actually make an effort to explain the beginning of the game, rather than relying on such theories or "encouraging imagination" and laughing their ass off.

Oh, I know it isn't finished, thats why I made the suggestion. When a game is finished, it is much too late for suggestions.

Problem is youre looking at the game as if it was finished. If you look at the game as an alpha/beta game, its not a problem at all. When youre testing a game you dont want this s***t there, you wanna spawn and have the basic items and do some other stuff. The reason why youre given these items is that newbies wont die in 1 second, its not about immersion or realism, just game difficulty. Im sure game will make more sense once its released.

Although Ive seen this stuff not being done in other games and it started massive amounts of game theories like aliens and stuff. Speaking of which, if a conspiracy theorist looks at 7dtd now, they can clearly see that the character was captured by aliens (probably the Predators) and thrown drugged back to zombie infested Earth with some starting gear to make the show/hunt interesting. I just hope 7dtd devs wont be so lazy and will actually make an effort to explain the beginning of the game, rather than relying on such theories or "encouraging imagination" and laughing their ass off.

I think it would be cool to start out somewhere that made sense, like at home or at work. Assuming we're not being dropped by aliens, we're most likely to either be at home or work when the zombie apocalypse breaks out. Perhaps have it so you're spawned at a random POI but without sleepers.

IIRC, Project Zomboid does this very well where you start out somewhere safe-ish, and slowly see zombies come into the picture. Granted, Project Zomboid is much harder (and granular) than 7DTD, so the delay in getting a 'head start' in no way makes the game too easy.

Archived